Game Day Semi final: Dogs v Lions. Win or go home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Hope it keeps bucketing down! We just love the wet. You would think it would hinder us due to our handball game and 3x gal forward line.
I remember playing Brisbane in the wet and Hugh McCluggage having the game of his life. No idea what the score was or when…perhaps someone else can remember a little more clearly.

Met the woman who would become my wife 4 days after the 2016 grand final win! Was an amazing week for me 😂

Has to be the biggest month of my life……didn’t get to the WC game but went Hawks, road trip to Sydney (epic), stress of getting tickets to GF, Bucks party night before GF parade, hungover as a dog at GF parade, GF and all the ensued, family and friends from all over the joint start arriving and married Saturday after the GF, Sunday a plane to Fiji for honeymoon to mellow and let it all sink in.

Getting tired just thinking back to it. An amazing time!

Has to be the biggest month of my life……didn’t get to the WC game but went Hawks, road trip to Sydney (epic), stress of getting tickets to GF, Bucks party night before GF parade, hungover as a dog at GF parade, GF and all the ensued, family and friends from all over the joint start arriving and married Saturday after the GF, Sunday a plane to Fiji for honeymoon to mellow and let it all sink in.

I got tired reading that! 😂 2016 will always be such a special year to all of us. Let’s hope 2021 is too!

Hey team, does anyone know how/where to send photos/videos of support to the club? I saw something on Instagram yesterday but can’t find it anymore.

That's a hell of a month. The Hawks semi will always be a favourite. Lost my voice when Bont outmarked Hodge and it barely returned. Watched the PF at the Railway in Yarraville and it was jumping. The GF was like a kid in a candy store, eyes popping out of our heads, taking it all in.

Got off the train at Middle Footscray and spent the night at Harts Hotel and drank next to William McInnes. Hungover, then rocked up to WO the next day and the party continued...they were good days.

Would love to get to a GF, but it won't be the same this year. Nothing will ever compare to 2016. On that note, Go Dogs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mumbling around Brisbane around a snap lockdown due to community spread of Covid, possibly no crowds?

Nothing would surprise. Every political leader in this country has at one time and often multiple times fallen victim to their own overconfidence and arrogance. Every single one. This thing doesn't miss anyone. Far from a guarantee there will be crowds at the GF given the WA Premier's hardline stance.

I remember playing Brisbane in the wet and Hugh McCluggage having the game of his life. No idea what the score was or when…perhaps someone else can remember a little more clearly.
That was in 2024 in McCluggage's first season with us.

I am pretty sure the flea will be booed tonight. It is amazing the opposition backlash to him. Met a friend the other day a frustrated blues supporter who I know hates the bombers. I said you would be glad the dogs beat the bombers. His reply was I could not lose because the bombers are my most hated team and Weightman his my most hated player. Yeah he may lower his knees sometimes to help a free kick but no different to every team that has someone that does the same.

Do not think it will faze him one bit but he will struggle to get any free kicks he deserves.

People hoping COVID has had local transmission, people get sick or die and a whole city goes into lockdown. All so that their are no crowds and we might get better umpiring decisions, probably needs to re-evaluate how seriously you take the footy😂
Perhaps an over-reaction here. These sort of comments should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Nothing in this thread thus far mentions any such sentiments.

Awesome mate, sounds like an absolute dream!

I was 21 at the time, safe to say I don’t remember that week/month 😂

Not sure I want rain, this is one team where we have better talls, slicker/quicker midfield and no huge ruck disadvantage (compared to other teams anyway) and they have better small forwards. I think a dry game suits us tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back