Review Semi Final Madness: Dogs knock Hawks out in straight sets.. Who woulda thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Csef2gNUEAAXxHp.jpg

Dahlhaus will bounce back.

Ironic that Tinder is the only one whose bar swipes left.

One little thing I really liked was when Bonti beat Hodge for the contested mark (Roughy bursting out of the square!), Tom Boyd walked between Hodge and Bonti and gave him a little bump. Showing a bit of mongrel which was lacking up until the past few weeks.

Also got stuck into Duryea at half time which started the melee.

Christ.. look at Clay's 2nd qtr
Yep - Clay and The Bont really stepped it up when the game was there to be won in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

He was in the guts some of Q2, was Clay who dished out to Roughead on-route to setting up Bont's mark against Hodge in the pocket.

Didn't he also spoil a mark which lead to a goal? Something that wouldn't really show on the stats sheet but would help player ratings.

Pleasantly surprised at how high Tom Boyd is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footscray supporters, you deserve that. So many frustrations over the years and I wasn't there tonight, but the feeling watching on in that third quarter in particular was magic for me, so I can't imagine how it felt for you. Just an incredible spectacle.

Well done tonight, and I hope you win the flag. Someone buy me a Dogs scarf.
Your the best ;)

knew Dunley was going to be really good but boy i think he will be better then i thought and quicker getting there, wait till Smith has a proper preseason also.

This is true. I think he likes being a creep to oppos. He was so funny putting his head on Shuey's shoulder
He obviously must have a lot of his old man in him as he could be annoying also;)

Good luck for this weekend guys and hope you make the big dance the week after. You deserve after the long drought:rolleyes:

Hi guys, really sorry to intrude. I usually don't stray too far from the Carlton board, but I've been thinking about the Dogs and in particular, Bob Murphy...

Three years ago, I was fortunate enough to coach a senior premiership. Three weeks before the grand final, one of our most loved, most respected, most decorated and most admired players did his shoulder. On grand final day, I put him on the team sheet, got him in the kit and sat him on our bench for the entire game. He went on the ground with about 6 minutes remaining in the game. My thinking was, that if anyone at our club deserved to be a premiership player, it was him. Effectively we played one short that day, but I have no doubt, his presence was a huge factor in us winning that day and his contribution was immeasurable. Obviously local footy is light years from the AFL, but....

If you guys get to the grand final (I'm tipping you will) , how would you feel if Murph played? It's been about six months, he can run, he can kick a footy...

I understand it won't happen and it's a crazy hypothetical. But I'd really be interested to know how you guys would feel if it happened.

Hi guys, really sorry to intrude. I usually don't stray too far from the Carlton board, but I've been thinking about the Dogs and in particular, Bob Murphy...

Three years ago, I was fortunate enough to coach a senior premiership. Three weeks before the grand final, one of our most loved, most respected, most decorated and most admired players did his shoulder. On grand final day, I put him on the team sheet, got him in the kit and sat him on our bench for the entire game. He went on the ground with about 6 minutes remaining in the game. My thinking was, that if anyone at our club deserved to be a premiership player, it was him. Effectively we played one short that day, but I have no doubt, his presence was a huge factor in us winning that day and his contribution was immeasurable. Obviously local footy is light years from the AFL, but....

If you guys get to the grand final (I'm tipping you will) , how would you feel if Murph played? It's been about six months, he can run, he can kick a footy...

I understand it won't happen and it's a crazy hypothetical. But I'd really be interested to know how you guys would feel if it happened.
Bob would never, ever do something that compromised the team's opportunity to win a flag. It's a romantic thought but would never, should never, be contemplated.

hi there guys, I'm sure you've had a steady queue of well wishers since the game finished last night, and I just want to be the latest of those expressing sincere congratulations and adulation for the way you killed the wicked witch of the west. I know you probably find it patronising being everybody's second favourite team n s**t, but I was riding you guys last night like it was a Bombers game, and I will continue to do so all finals. I very much hope you win the flag, it would be well deserved. Enjoy the ride guys!
Thanks champ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back