Preview Semi Final - Preview and Changes v Hawthorn - NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a set of changes.

AVB or Nib to Duryea, expose him for his lack of composure by smashing him in the first 2min then having him kick too quickly and turn it over in panic from then on.

Think we will see more Burgoyne in the guts, Harmes to Titch unless they break the Burgoyne glass then he goes there.

Schoenmakers is interesting. Will likely play forward but that leaves them short down back.

Oh, and prime opportunity for Melk to show Sicily how to actually play one-on-one a la Gov.

Wow Omeara out is big. If we can’t smash them in the midfield now something is wrong. Harmes to take care of Mitchell, let Brayshaw and Oliver run rampant.

Really don’t know how to go into this one... feel we are now a better side and should beat them but it’s Hawthorn.

Please Melbourne. Please.

Wow Omeara out is big. If we can’t smash them in the midfield now something is wrong. Harmes to take care of Mitchell, let Brayshaw and Oliver run rampant.

Really don’t know how to go into this one... feel we are now a better side and should beat them but it’s Hawthorn.

Yeah OMeara out is huge. They needed him to win this game. For me he was the better midfielder against Richmond last Thursday.

I think even with him in the team Melbourne are the better team this makes a win that much more of a reality.

Melbourne have brought the below into the game over the last couple of weeks:-

As long as the team keeps lowering the eyes into the forward 50.
The midfield runs both ways.
Frost plays within himself aggressive bursts of speed and hands the ball off to one of the Dee's good kickers.
The midfield does not clump around stoppages.
And the team kicks straight.

As a bonus if Lewis and or Gawn get to do what they did last week that would seal it.

Edited to say Stratton being out (which was known) is another player the hawks can't replace the Gods of Football are on Melbourne's side it seems.

Last edited:

I know what you mean but Hawthorn still have some champion players still playing well. I think we'll pass them but it may not be tomorrow, but our time will come. I think of it this way Collingwood in 09 were thumped by a champion team in the preliminary final only to completely reverse it the next year. Obviously not the best comparisons geelong were still at their peak and Hawthorn aren't but you know what I mean

What a set of changes.

AVB or Nib to Duryea, expose him for his lack of composure by smashing him in the first 2min then having him kick too quickly and turn it over in panic from then on.

Think we will see more Burgoyne in the guts, Harmes to Titch unless they break the Burgoyne glass then he goes there.

Schoenmakers is interesting. Will likely play forward but that leaves them short down back.

Oh, and prime opportunity for Melk to show Sicily how to actually play one-on-one a la Gov.
Burgoyne will play on spargo

Was feeling more confident a week ago and it wasnt much confidence. Still alot of PTSD from the last couple of years with performance inconsitencies

After these ins and outs you should be feeling MORE confident today, but I agree, PTSD...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omeara is a big out yes.. but its not in the bag.

Last time we played them their best 3 mids were shiels, omeara and smith.. Mitchell was quiet and burgoyne wasnt playing. Straight swap burgoyne into the midfield for omeara basically.

Come on Dees,really big chance on this one with Stratton and O'meara out.

On paper we look heaps better but im worried about their forward line. Roughhead, Bruest, Gunston and Pop
Control the midfield we don't have to worry about their forwards. Still, I think cautious optimism is the go, let's not get cocky Hawthorn are a good team

Come on Dees,really big chance on this one with Stratton and O'meara out.

On paper we look heaps better but im worried about their forward line. Roughhead, Bruest, Gunston and Pop

We know that on paper means jack if we don't execute it.

Hawthorn don't play 2 bad games in succession.

Hawks lost the first 7 last year and lost 3 in a row this year.
Hawthorn should be favourites imo but I've heard this statement all week and it's just crap.

Someone said that Melbourne 2018 reminds them of Hawthorn 2007 and not 2008....

And in 2007 they got beaten comfortably by a North Melbourne team coming off a 100 point thrashing at the hands of Geelong.

That scares me.

I was super confident last week but all this attention on us has got me nervous. I think the players will have blocked that out and shouldn't have too much of an effect. They've had their time and we owe them for round 4.

If we play like we did last week and kick a bit better we should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back