AFLW Semi Final - Richmond v North Melbourne, Saturday, November 12, 1.40pm AEDT, Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring savage against us…yet they get the soft ones

well done on the season to the tigers

weve found some good players aside from Conti, Brennan, EllieMc, Courtney

sheerin wow
Miller solid
hosking sisters tough as
Katelyn Cox will be huge next year
lunch got better as the season went on
Egan very good…needs consistency
Seymour

Next pre-season, they need to do skill work over everything else. You cant question the effort, but our skills continue to let us down when the whips are cracking. Overall it was a good season for the girls, unfortunately they didn't get a win in the finals. Hopefully this makes them hungrier for next season.

sheerin wow
Miller solid
hosking sisters tough as
Add little Yasir to the list. She's a real goer. Tough as nails.

I think the shoulder was lowered from the tackled player, at worst... but the contact was on the shoulder if at all, for such a tiny amount of time that it was a soft call

I hear you, my first look was "oooohh getting a bit high there Ellie". I'm guessing the umpire's angle didn't help either, they are always touch'n'go - we do it a lot though, we are too upright when we tackle, Mon has the best technique, she gets down low......

Next pre-season, they need to do skill work over everything else. You cant question the effort, but our skills continue to let us down when the whips are cracking. Overall it was a good season for the girls, unfortunately they didn't get a win in the finals. Hopefully this makes them hungrier for next season.

Yep, it was an experience thing in the end. We lack enough poise with the ball with too many kicks going back to the oppo. It'll happen, just too much still to be a serious contender. We are doing it in fits and starts, but nowhere near as consistent as the four that will be in the Prelims (sorry Collingwood)

Last edited:
Ferguson has been exposed as a dud this game. Completed butchered it from the 1st minute.

Such a reactive thing to say with nothing to really back up the statement. The girls like him, the Club rates him, the team plays to plan mostly and the game plan has got us to a Semi after never being close to finals before. Be disappointed sure, but leave your belligerence at the Sign on Door

Last edited:
I reckon Yasir has been good today. One of our best

Yep, for the most part you don't die wondering with Milzie. Just needs to improve her aggression techniques and she is going to be a star of the game.

sheerin wow
Miller solid
hosking sisters tough as
lunch got better as the season went on
Egan very good…needs consistency
Seymour

You never change umpires decisions, you can only change your technique. Not disagreeing they were ordinary at times, but you have to change what you control.

Sheerin should be a debut All-Australian. Magnificently dominant season. However, this is Richmond ;)
Miller had a fair bit of time out injured and came back OK - better for next season
Hoskings are a culture thing - they bring the team energy and the fun. Vital to our brand. Both hard at it.
Really like Coxy - she is getting better with increased confidence. She's still fairly young and a great sneaky draft pick.
Think Beth Lynch could be the big improver next season if she gets to be schooled in the midfield - it really is her thing I think.
Grace seems to have one gear, and in our group will need to find another. Hope she does.
Seymour has the most amazing big heart. She continues to be huge for this squad.

Libby Graham finished the season off as well as anyone. Needs to trust her hands more but her read of the play has surprised me. Never saw that at GWS.
McClelland had her best season by far. Her string of games this season will only see her confidence grow next season. She lifts others around her with her courage
Shevlin was probably outshone my Sheerin, but just as damaging is some games. She is a pillar with Miller down back
Let's also see what young Jemima Wood does with another pre-season. She has good core strength attributes, good hands and sees the game peripherally well.

Last edited:
Poor finals series, not convinced about the coach at all. On paper it's a strong list and should be kicking more goals.

Defence extremely poor. We seemed to go to s**t when Bec miller came back in
Miller did look a bit rusty kicking in the North draw, but vs Briz they just moved the ball out of the middle and took tough contested marks up fwd. It lived in their fwd line. We were smashed by a team that stepped up. Our whole team seemed to be slightly down. From Mon to Egan to McKenzie. All just slightly down.

I was hoping for a better result but North got us today despite us being more competitive in many areas. Clearances, goals. Maybe he should've changed match ups on their talls. But again Mon, Grace, Ellie ,Hoskins couldn't drag us across the line.

Finals losses? I'll take them over not being there.

Last edited:
You never change umpires decisions, you can only change your technique. Not disagreeing they were ordinary at times, but you have to change what you control.

Sheerin should be a debut All-Australian. Magnificently dominant season. However, this is Richmond ;)
Miller had a fair bit of time out injured and came back OK - better for next season
Hoskings are a culture thing - they bring the team energy and the fun. Vital to our brand. Both hard at it.
Really like Coxy - she is getting better with increased confidence. She still fairly young and great sneaky draft pick.
Think Beth Lynch could be the big improver next season if she gets to be schooled in the midfield - it really is her thing I think.
Grace seems to have one gear, and in our group will need to find another. Hope she does.
Seymour has the most amazing big heart. She continues to be huge for this squad.

Libby Graham finished the season off as well as anyone. Needs to trust her hands more but her read of the play has surprised me. Never saw that at GWS.
McClelland had her best season by far. Her string of games this season will only see her confidence grow next season. She lifts others around her with her courage
Shevlin was probably outshone my Sheerin, but just as damaging is some games. She is a pillar with Miller down back
Let's also see what young Jemima Wood does with another pre-season. She has good core strength attributes, good hands and sees the game peripherally well.

Excellent summary PA. 👍

You have to be careful saying this too loudly in public but I love little Cox too. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimately we were 3-4 decent players shy of a winning finals std , thought we found marks hard to come by in finals compared to oppo. Both lions and NM are seasoned outfits and gave us a lesson , we ll be better for the experience if we can successfully add to the squad which we have been very good at doing. Wakefield will leave a huge hole , KB should come back better once over foot injury

Such a reactive thing to say with nothing to really back up the statement. The girls like him, the Club rates him, the team plays to plan mostly and the game plan has got us to a Semi after never being close to finals before. Be disappointed sure, but leave your belligerence at the Sign on Door
ah yes, LOTW
Well known on our board, and blocked by many. ;):rolleyes:

Miller was ordinary when she came back. She is too slow to react
Very average skills and sick of their turnovers
Really like Coxy - she is getting better with increased confidence. She still fairly young and great sneaky draft pick.
Average at best. Was very poor in our 2 finals.

Slower than a semi-trailer reversing up a hill

Miller was ordinary when she came back. She is too slow to react

Very average skills and sick of their turnovers

Average at best. Was very poor in our 2 finals.

Slower than a semi-trailer reversing up a hill

So according to your comments above, we may as well shut up shop then in the AFLW - you do ludicrous well. LOTW, you talk about truth, but it's your truth only, that's the important thing to stress. You have a frame of reference that few others have - it is unique and rarely subscribed to by others on here. In fact it feels a little bit trolly. I respect your right to your opinions, just not your opinions as some sort of obscure truth.

They were playing Thunderstruck by ACDC at half time when the players and umps had taken the field to recommence for the second half. The green light had been flashed giving the umps the ok to go. But the song was only half way through. So everyone stood around while they played the rest of the song. They literally held up the start of the second half for it.

I love ACDC, they are my favourite band. But this was idiotic.

Honestly think the AFLW needs to go to the players in the off season and see how they they want this sort of incident adjudicated. I can't claim to speak for all AFLW footballers, but I would be surprised if they want that sort of incident taken from the game, they one they grew up with watching and playing. The discussions I have had suggests they want the game as close to what THE GAME is. Yes there are raft of differences already, lasso, ball size, 16 a side just to name a few, but I would be surprised if there is want to eliminate legitimate contact as somehow illegitimate.

I tip my lid off to the main commentator who called it as it is to seconds of silence from his compatriots.
First time I have ever heard a commentator judge some poor umpiring at Richmond's expense.
Probably get the arse now.
This was the same bloke I chastised for barracking hard in Umpie games,sorry mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back