Unofficial Preview Semi Final Sydney v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2016 version of Aliir would have been perfect.
Very true but I'm not sure we still have 2016 Aliir still on the list. I would love for him to find his way back to that form but with some added defensive nous.

I would have given the job to Melican (if he was fit).
Totally agree and I think that's what they would have done if he hadn't had the quad tightness. He did a hell of a job on Nick Riewoldt (though I know he was past his best). I think they shuffled Rampe to Daniher and he did the best he could on a poor matchup.

You guys are going to give us an absolute pasting. Enjoy the win. We just can't get over you guys in finals any match.
Fixed that for you. ;)

We're no chance. We're cooked. I just hope Domsy has another win over his bunny... I mean Buddy. :D

Honestly guys, our defeatist attitude reeks, but many of us Cats' fans haven't felt this flat about going into a match since 2006.

I'd like to think we'll have a crack and I think we'll respond somewhat after getting our pants pulled down by Richmond.

However, I doubt it will be nowhere near enough to see us get over the line.

Would rather the umpires we have than the ones on saturday night....

Stevic...Scmitt - fck that

Hey guys, just dropping you a good luck for this week, for richmonds sake I'd probably rather you out, but the alternative's Adelaide anyway and the cats tears will be too sweet so I hope you smash them (or win with a controversial free kick late in the game). At the end of the day, you can't really control that part that much, but I will ask you, in whatever numbers you get to the ground, to continue our tradition and really boo the cats. I know a number of Richmond supporters who will be there as neutrals joining you. It's really a lot of fun. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL HQ not even trying to hide their cheating now....
Dont think they'll have the balls to give us Jeffrey ever again. Hope to hell that twit didn't get a gig with the other game.

Oh and The King! may we please change the title to a proper title now like we did with the Bombers match up after a few people were melting about it? Superstitions and all.

Sure I'm all for luck and stopping the sensitive sallies

Hey guys, just dropping you a good luck for this week, for richmonds sake I'd probably rather you out, but the alternative's Adelaide anyway and the cats tears will be too sweet so I hope you smash them (or win with a controversial free kick late in the game). At the end of the day, you can't really control that part that much, but I will ask you, in whatever numbers you get to the ground, to continue our tradition and really boo the cats. I know a number of Richmond supporters who will be there as neutrals joining you. It's really a lot of fun. Cheers.
the swans are too classy - please dont drop your pollution everywhere

Tigers tore Cats apart with their pressure. Melican can play tall or small. Harry doesn't give enough in pressure acts. His chasing down was pathetic and cost us dearly in the first quarter. He just didn't chase like he would normally.

I did actually see one effort I really didn't like from Harry now I think about it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The problem is Scott is forced to play people he doesn't even want to play.

The Menzel situation is pretty indicative. He was dropped because he doesn't tackle, yet they are forced to put him back in because Cats couldn't kick a winning score. His defensive pressure is terrible, which won't help on Friday night. They're also going to play Stanley, because their talls stocks are depleted.

At least for them it seems like they are putting Taylor back in defense. That's good for them, they'll need him too.

I'm expecting Motlop to don his cape of invisibility again against us. He really is a soft, lazy footballer.

Selwood didn't look fit, and I think he will struggle this week as well.

Zac Guthrie is not an AFL level footballer yet, he's just too skinny and easily worked off the ball. He's like Hayward, but without the nous.

In short, due in part to injury Cats have to play guys who are out of form, while every guy in our side has fought tooth and nail to keep their spot, and I can't name a guy in our side who does not deserve to be playing.

Unless it pours with rain I think it will be a belting. If it rains, all bets are off.

Last edited:
the swans are too classy - please dont drop your pollution everywhere
Cats were one of the few teams who treated Goodes with respect.
We haven't and won't ever forget that.

Nor we will forget the compassion shown for McVeigh at the loss of his child.

Class club. Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back