Autopsy SEMI FINAL: Sydney vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that buddy does is he can gather it in tight turn around and off one step hit a target 30-40 metres out, his skills are freakish.

The one where he picked it up, hit Kennedy in the open just outside 50 who chipped it over to Xavier for a goal was a good case in point.

The thing i still find freaky at the scg, well not freaky but just odd is the players just wander in.

Over near the shops and bars getting s water and xavier richards just wanders past to walk to the ground, even buddy just came waltzing in

He also took time to say hello to a sick little girls on the way in

Saw a few officials and others just wander in, just dont see that in meLbourne or at least i dont

Underground parking at the MCG and Docklands. Agree its a good thing about the SCG

The one where he picked it up, hit Kennedy in the open just outside 50 who chipped it over to Xavier for a goal was a good case in point.

Underground parking at the MCG and Docklands. Agree its a good thing about the SCG

You're selling him short on that one. He not only picked it up, he danced around two opposition players right up on the boundary line THEN swung around with a pinpoint pass to Kennedy! Incredible player!

One thing that buddy does is he can gather it in tight turn around and off one step hit a target 30-40 metres out, his skills are freakish.

The thing i still find freaky at the scg, well not freaky but just odd is the players just wander in.

Over near the shops and bars getting s water and xavier richards just wanders past to walk to the ground, even buddy just came waltzing in

He also took time to say hello to a sick little girls on the way in

Saw a few officials and others just wander in, just dont see that in meLbourne or at least i dont

It's like a country ground that way.

Players mostly get driven into underground carparks in Melbourne.

Then again didn't Teddy catch a tram to the ground a couple of years ago?

The one where he picked it up, hit Kennedy in the open just outside 50 who chipped it over to Xavier for a goal was a good case in point

That was almost the best bit of play I've seen all year.

So good seeing it live with the crowd going mad several seconds ahead of the play when we spotted Joey free!

Sorry to intrude, congrats on the win last night. Your 1st quarter was ferocious and set up the win.

Just wanted to say I hope that Rohan is okay and gets good news re: the knee. Poor guy has had a really tough run with injuries to the legs and doesn't deserve to miss any more football.

McVeigh is a warrior, and has had a tough run as well with his life outside football, so any good news he gets is well deserved.

Win or lose, I never like seeing the best players from any team out with injury.

You ain't the best till you beat the best, so I like the Cats to go up against you at full strength.

Anyway good luck next week against the Cats, it will be a cracker of a game.

Don't get to cosy at the top - we'll be back.

Great news about Rohan and McVeigh.

People who prey for injuries to players on opposition teams are (London to a brick) f__cked in the head!

I was genuinely shattered when the two boys went down; so good news that 2016 is still on for them and your boys.

Anyhow, time to go war with the Pussy Cats (who despite our own rivalry) I love the way they play (bastards :):):):)).

Again good luck both teams and lets get ready to rumble.

Cheers

I'm just glad I can watch the various footy shows again this week...Netflix copped a hammering after the GWS game.

In hindsight I might stick to Netflix after Bulldog360 last night...Pablo Escobar is a better bloke than Robbo anyway!

Can't wait for this game against a club that I respect. Seems like the respect is mutual from a quick glance at the Cats board. Many calling it 50/50 and worried about our A grade mids (just like we are woried about their tall forwards). Some even going so far to say that we copped the short stick with our 6 day break.

Oopssss! Wrong thread!!

Had more tackles than 12 of our players on Saturday, in a bit over a quarter of footy.

Our tackle #s were really low again, actually.
Maybe a mistake to think that tackle count = pressure. There's a terrific passage where we "swarmed" the ball forward about 60 metres without completing a tackle or a possession. Really hurt the Crows mentally. Wall of red and white. Rohan puts on heaps of pressure but rarely high in the tackle count. Loved the number of times the Crows switched the ball and the last in the chain looked up and saw all Swans! Pressure.

That was almost the best bit of play I've seen all year.

So good seeing it live with the crowd going mad several seconds ahead of the play when we spotted Joey free!
Happened right in front of us and was unreal to see a bloke that big move like that.

Another great piece of play was seeing Sloane tackle JPK on the same wing, only for Josh to free the arms and fire a handball out (eventually leading to a Swans goal).

What you might not have seen on TV is that Josh got straight up and trotted off to the next contest, whilst Sloane spent a good few minutes pulling himself together with the trainers. He's such a massive unit to be able to take a solid tackle from a beast like Sloane, and leave the tackler as the one who's hurting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell of a time for complacency to set in.

It was a great time. When we have an opportunity to activate our double chance. And then ensure we had continuity throughout the finals series. Perfect opportunity for complacency.

I'm sure they've learned from the experience. Particularly the younger guys who haven't had too much experience in high pressure footy.

Perhaps the entire playing group was suddenly overcome by a powerful and inexplicable sense of wistfulness.
Bye, bye to the red and the white
Shook the thunder to down under from right out of the sky
And we honoured the name by day and by night
Singin' lift 'em noble banners up high
Lift 'em noble banners up high

(lyrics from Half-Time Pie, written and performed by Don McLean)

Same thing happened in the 2014 GF as did the QF. We had intensity at the start of both games, but the opposition played the man instead of the ball and worked a few of our important players over and we didn't respond, went into our shells and the intensity dropped off.

We had less tackles against Adelaide than GWS (59 to to 64), less tackles than our opponents, but it's also indicative of the pressure acts which were sky high against Adelaide and pretty bloody low against the Giants. Pressure acts include tackles, as well as smothers, body impact, hip & shoulders, applying pressure, assisting in tackles, preventing effective disposals etc. They're also known as 1%'s which we brought to Adelaide but didn't to Giants.

Let's face it, we belted Adelaide off the park but were still in it against Giants until Cameron started jagging them. We were never going to win, but it wouldn't have been a blown out. Maybe a blow out was what we needed.

2.6 to 7.10 after half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back