Autopsy SEMI FINAL: Sydney vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Rohan but his value is overstated by some degree. If nothing else we should have learned by now that our fortunes rest on the ability of our midfield group turning up first and foremost. That is not to say he doesn't add anything but if our mids turn up it won't really matter who is there to get on the end of it. Will probably get howled down but Cunningham can play Rohan's role, except perhaps for the strong marking.
Don't disagree on the midfield. Cunningham or more likely Towers maybe able to play Rohan's role but neither play the role with the tenacity, apply the level of pressure or bring the x-factor that Rohan brings to the role. I think the value of these attributes is under-estimated by some degree.

The thing with Gaz is...he creates that elite pressure from getting close even in a losing contest where he has no hope of effecting a tackle. Even if they get off an effective kick he tags them with a little slap to remind them they were inches from getting nailed. This creates perceived pressure which helps all our lines upfield.

Whoever is given the role needs to set a standard early and get some bodywork on his opponents. Put that doubt in their minds that he's always seconds from being run down.

I'm just glad I can watch the various footy shows again this week...Netflix copped a hammering after the GWS game.

Footy shows will be 'how brave were the Dogs", followed by a segment about the Dogs and how brave they were.
King will produce some stats that show the Dogs are the bravest since WWI soldiers. 360 will replay Murphy's injury about 40 times so that they can discuss how brave the Dogs are.
Footy Classifieds will discuss at length how a gruelling 45 minute flight to Sydney to take on the Giants after a gruelling QF against Hawks away from their home ground ranks as one of the bravest deeds ever from a football team.
The Footy Show/ League Teams will end the week with a discussion about how brave the Dogs players are coming back from injury and playing, a truly remarkable human achievement.

Would be concerned if towers was picked. He can provide x factor and speed through the middle, but geez can he make some stupid decisions to undo any good work he does.

Footy shows will be 'how brave were the Dogs", followed by a segment about the Dogs and how brave they were.
King will produce some stats that show the Dogs are the bravest since WWI soldiers. 360 will replay Murphy's injury about 40 times so that they can discuss how brave the Dogs are.
Footy Classifieds will discuss at length how a gruelling 45 minute flight to Sydney to take on the Giants after a gruelling QF against Hawks away from their home ground ranks as one of the bravest deeds ever from a football team.
The Footy Show/ League Teams will end the week with a discussion about how brave the Dogs players are coming back from injury and playing, a truly remarkable human achievement.

That's okay, as long as it's not 'how bad were Sydney?!' then I'm happy!

So brave

It'd take a brave man to disagree with this post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd take a brave man to disagree with this post.
I will.

It'll be all about how GWS are unstoppable, how the Dangercats have made it to the prelim and how it's the end of the Hawthorn era.

A lot of small forwards struggle in finals but Papley has kicked 6 in 2 games, a very good start to his finals career.

Super response after last weeks game. Terrible luck for Gary Rohan who was absolutely flying earlier in this game. The selection dilemma will be who to play and who's fit enough and will they stand up to the pressure of a prelim at the 'G. After last night's effort, this group will run through a brick wall to get there. I don't subscribe to the "tired" & "injured" look.Hoping for an All-Sydney Grand Final..enjoy our pics..the one of Gary Rohan on the run is a ripper..love the manic "Here's Johnny" look on his face as his runs towards goal ..such a gun of a player..this game can be so cruel.
Our thoughts on the win: http://newellmediagroup.com/wp/?p=1821

garyrweb.jpg

kjoshweb.jpg

hannaweb.jpg

garyweb.jpg

I hate to talk umps but I do agree. There is no way we were twice as bad as Adelaide in the free kick count.

There is either genuine ump bias (which is a horrible thought) or the rules unfairly target teams that play a high pressure game.

Either way it stinks.
We all know that momentum is easily swung with a few 50-50 calls going the other way.

Did an analysis last year (yes I know get a life) trying to disprove umpire bias which showed that over the last 15 years we were more often than not top team for penalties against. Only once or twice were we outside the top 4. This for a club that has been taught discipline by it's successive coaches more than most clubs! In short, the results are unsupportive of random chance and entirely indicative of bias. There is a study called hypothesis testing where you can use a sample size and based upon standard deviation from norm determine with confidence levels testing a theory. I didn't use the analysis but I would suggest that those results would confirm what we all KNOW with 95% confidence!!!

Where do you get this stuff from? No that I'm doubting you, I'd just like to read it

Tippett - hairline fracture will start to knit in in days let alone two weeks, in any event the risk is another knock on site which won't affect his hands or his feet. High chance to be available

Mcveigh- soft tissue calf injury- possible pulled muscle rather than tear (because they wouldn't have left him out there with a tear). Some chance because they can give intensive physio. No chance if is a tear

Mills- was a hamstring strain grade 1, not a tear. That means intensive treatment and he should be ok. reasonable chance BUT hamstrings need rest and mills is valuable long term so endangering him may not be worth it. Once they become a problem they stay eg reid

Rohan- need a scan to determine damage. could be ligamemt or tendon damage. Possible hyper extension of knee. Know more after scans BUT knee injuries requiring being driven off ground are unlikley to heal in short term- likely out for the season

You're braveness pales in comparison to how brave the Dogs are. You should be banned for even using the word brave without referring to the Dogs.

If I 'elevate myself between 2 players' (AKA jump up) imagine how brave Luke Darcy would think I am.

Rewatched the game.

Nankervis and Naismith worked around the ground and got themselves to contests.

Mids clicked - parker tries to do a bit too much. Felt he was trying to prove a point.

Really liked XR. Natural forward.

Heeney was a beast.

Aliir had a few brain farts- trying to be a bit cute

Kennedy... what would we do without him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back