Game Day Semi Final v Brisbane, @ MCG 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another big final at the G. I'd like to think we're making up for last year and tanked last weekend so we'd get more finals in Melbourne :$. I'd like to think that, but don't of course.
Brisbane are our bunnies, but I expect this to be closer than our two games this year. They'll want to make up for those s**t losses. Regardless, still confident of a win.
Team:
AFL_Team-Selection_1080x1350 (9).jpeg
Hope they go with Smith as the sub, for flexibility.

Tough one. We need to lose to see real tangible change next year imo, but obviously win and we're a 1-4 at another flag.

However beating Brisbane won't prove anything because they are exactly nothing like the 3 best teams.

Tough one. We need to lose to see real tangible change next year imo, but obviously win and we're a 1-4 at another flag.

However beating Brisbane won't prove anything because they are exactly nothing like the 3 best teams.

Very true.

Spot on. I’m not getting sucked into our forwardline looking fixed because we bash up Brisbane again like I did after round 23.

Tbh I think this will be close they’ve got nothing to lose. As TK says at least if we lose they HAVE to make changes.

Ogodogodogodogodogod

Was more fun doing this when we won games.

Propose for Ogod to be shelved next year if we lose tonight for this instead:

you can do it love GIF by Melbournefc

If we lose does it mean we get to draft 6 key forwards like some of our most astute judges have suggested?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is it bad of me that I'm finding it hard to get excited for this game.

Going in with half our side banged up on top of a few passengers from last week and Goody has the nerve to go in unchanged.

Supposedly they're estimating 55-60k attendance for tonight's match...

Going in with half our side banged up on top of a few passengers from last week and Goody has the nerve to go in unchanged.

I'm the same, I really thought Goody would have made some changes, we looked so banged up and tired last week. Hard to get a read on it but i feel Brisbane will show up tonight taking confidence from last week,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the loser of the QF, Semi Final feels like there is more to be lost than gained. Embarrassment of going zip-zip when you are the favourite vs getting to a prelim as under dog.

I'm the same, I really thought Goody would have made some changes, we looked so banged up and tired last week. Hard to get a read on it but i feel Brisbane will show up tonight taking confidence from last week,
I still think we win and comfortably.

It's next week against a fresh and fit Geelong that will be the bigger worry.

2013 me would knock 2022 me's teeth out about being so unenthused for a final, but it's just hard to get up and about for tonight, at least for the moment.

Once the ball is bounced, I'm sure I'll turn into my usual footy-nuff self, but it's just a whole lot of 'meh' at the moment. Lose, and we're out in straight sets and we have wasted a good chance at another flag during the prime years of some of our stars, and the latter years of Gawn and May. Win, and we still have no idea whether we're legitimate, as it's only Brisbane and ****, they are more embarrassing than we are at our worst. Still, anything can happen in prelims and grand finals, so we just need to get there.

Unfortunately, with how rigid we our in our method and team selection, I don't see how we get over Geelong next week regardless.

Anyway, ho-hum. Win by 10 goals (again), hit a target or two inside 50 and bury Zorko into the turf every time he goes near it, and we can generate some optimism for next week.

Last edited:

I'm still nervous as hell, going out in straight sets would suck so much.
And going in unchanged made that even worse, it's so arrogant. Like come on we're 6-7 since round 10, something's not quiet right at the moment and they still go unchanged.

Now if we win I'll still be excited as hell to be in a Prelim and will forgot about It all lol

Like everyone else Melbourne has managed to kill any interest I have in this game. If we win we're expected to do so and if we lose it's just Melbourne back to being Melbourne.

I hope I get a little more invested as the day progresses.

Honest question. I've come down to Melbourne to watch this game, why don't your fans sell out the G?

I still believe that Melbourne can beat any of the remaining teams without issue.

That said I am looking at this game as the rebuild towards the next Grand Final win in 57 years.

Honest question. I've come down to Melbourne to watch this game, why don't your fans sell out the G?
The highest all-time attendance for a qualifying, semi or preliminary final involving Brisbane at the MCG is 66,092 against Collingwood in 2003. No one sells out finals in Melbourne against Brisbane, because it's Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back