Preview Semi Final v Bulldogs @ The Gabba, Saturday 4th September 2021, 7.20pm.

Finals destiny?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheed kicks a behind and they are premiers *shudders*

They call a block and maynard gets a freekick rather than sheed marking and they are premiers. Gross gross stuff it would have been.

As it was mason cox goes down at having helped prevent a richmond 4-peat so thats a more positive career outlook than I would have expected from him.

A nail salon in Beenleigh has just popped up on the exposure list. Since I doubt it was one of the truckies, I reckon we’ll see some community spread tomorrow. Really hope I’m wrong though

Might be another reason to go small or keep Berry up there. He led our tackles last week and had 5 inside 50 IIRC

With the benefit of knowing the changes now I wonder if bringing in Robertson for Prior means we intend to leave Berry up forward for his pressure. He wasn't too bad at getting involved, though he did have trouble holding onto marks.

With the benefit of knowing the changes now I wonder if bringing in Robertson for Prior means we intend to leave Berry up forward for his pressure. He wasn't too bad at getting involved, though he did have trouble holding onto marks.

Lester a strong chance to be a late inclusion for Darcy Gardiner I'm hearing. Will have a pre game fitness test.
Also heard whispers Adams will be the one playing forward.
Expecting Robertson to run with Libba.
Also not sure how much less Fullarton can do to get dropped. Even if Ballenden does nothing, he is at least matching Fullartons input. Why not at least try it ? He can't do any worse. At worst he matches Fullarton.
Im with you; Ballenden isn't the greatest player we know, but he at least can play footy unlike Fullarton who perhaps is one of the worst players to ever play at the Lions (I mean someone has to be). When he plays, it feels like we are going in one less. Same for Cockatoo. Ah Chee can't be fit if Cockatoo is selected over Cal given he's done nothing the past two games except take out one of our best forwards.

The team selected by bringing in Dev and Payne and keeping Fullarton and Cockatoo in and playing broken down players in Birchall, Gardiner and lesser extent Harris feels like we are conceding this match and happy to get a finals game in to some young guys for the experience. Easily a straight sets exit for what will be one win out of 6 finals and people reckon we aren't flat track bullies. Like Ive said all year, name me one game we've won this year that we weren't expected to win? There hasn't been one and just a waste of a season unless we win against the Dogs and get the job done against Port.

Harsh on Fullarton. A shocker last week sure, but I liked his growth in the weeks leading into last weeks match. He certainly wasn't alone in having a mare & certainly wasn't the difference.
Apart from his first game, I don't recall a game Fullarton has played that it wasn't a mare of a game. He has no business being in a finals team and if he is, that team is NOT winning a GF and would be lucky to win a final.

Lol, you're seriously fixating over the output of a long term project player who is more than likely our number 22 on any given day.

Not the reason we're winning or losing games & there won't be much difference if you slot Smith (either of them) or Ballenden into his spot.
It is when it has the effect of going into a game with one less player and thrown in Cockaoo and it is like going in with 2 less particularly if he performs as poorly as he has the past weeks so 22 v 20 does make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Fagan has been very good for the Lions during his tenure. Playing finals football is not an easy task. But if we lose on Saturday, I feel it will be the beginning of the end for the coach. Hope I'm wrong.

Do you know how long it took Hardwick to win a final? 8 years. Out of that, how many years he got kicked out in elimination final? 3 years - 2013, 2014, 2015. He missed finals altogether in 2016, came close to losing his job before winning the whole thing.

Its fair to expect good results but Fagan has taken us from bottom 4 to a prelim in his 5 years so far. Pretty remarkable.

People tend to forget the wilderness we've been in last 15 years. Fagan deserves a statue for what he's done for us. He can have as many go's as he likes to get our finals right too - which he will.

This was a fun thread to catch up on the overnight reading for.

Now, if we get beaten on Saturday, everyone remember that these changes would've resulted in an easy victory:

Fullerton out
Birchall out
Andrews out
Gardiner out
Cockatoo out
Prior out
McStay out

As for the ins... well, a 3-game key back with minimal match fitness should definitely be tall forward. And this seems like a good time to blood 3 or 4 debutants...

Of course, that 3-tall forward structure that we've used for years, we could always just do away with that too. Our mids won't need any time to adjust to that. They did just fine with the rejig last week after all.

Do you know how long it took Hardwick to win a final? 8 years. Out of that, how many years he got kicked out in elimination final? 3 years - 2013, 2014, 2015. He missed finals altogether in 2016, came close to losing his job before winning the whole thing.

Its fair to expect good results but Fagan has taken us from bottom 4 to a prelim in his 5 years so far. Pretty remarkable.

People tend to forget the wilderness we've been in last 15 years. Fagan deserves a statue for what he's done for us. He can have as many go's as he likes to get our finals right too - which he will.

Lethal took us from wooden spoon to premiers in 3 years but he had some very special talent and one of the greatest captains at his disposal so it was almost expected of that team to build a dynasty. Fages arguably has had to work with much lesser talent but he has still managed to turn some average to good players into great players, changed our club culture that was a laughing stock post Leppa and got 3 top 4 finishes in a row so I think his achievements have been equally as remarkable in a relatively short space of time.

Fullarton who perhaps is one of the worst players to ever play at the Lions (I mean someone has to be).

Nah, this is just dumb and lazy hyperbole because apparently a considered opinion isn't good enough without dialling it up to 11.

I can think of dozens of players who had less impact on the field and team over the last 25 years.

Fullarton, Birchall and Andrews were the biggest passengers last week. Honestly, Fagan should have been more cut throat with his selections, rather than reward mediocrity. Not even bothering to watch this game as I know the bulldogs will smash us.
Ahhh A true blue supporter. Don't worry the Broncos are playing Sat. You can watch them instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back