Preview Semi Final v Bulldogs @ The Gabba, Saturday 4th September 2021, 7.20pm.

Finals destiny?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from his first game, I don't recall a game Fullarton has played that it wasn't a mare of a game. He has no business being in a finals team and if he is, that team is NOT winning a GF and would be lucky to win a final.

Fullerton was decent in a few recent games. You are right, but we don't really have many other options. He is a young developing forward. Smashing him on here non stop - when so many other factors are more important (like our mids not defending), is growing boring.

It seems Fages has listened to some of the views here and is thinking of playing Adams & Andrews in the forward line. Interesting.

Something from left field:

What about Andrews being the ruck back up? About every other tall has been mentioned.

He would be a real weapon with his marking around the ground and he would be better than Fullarton

The bloke is on one leg, and you want him to ruck?

What about Andrews being the ruck back up? About every other tall has been mentioned.

He would be a real weapon with his marking around the ground and he would be better than Fullarton

Not a great idea if he is nursing a knee injury.

Gonna assume that's tongue in cheek. His PCL injury might make rucking difficult. And Running.

The bloke is on one leg, and you want him to ruck?
Not a great idea if he is nursing a knee injury.
Gonna assume that's tongue in cheek. His PCL injury might make rucking difficult. And Running.
I assume we all remember Brennen being ruined by being forced into the ruck.

It is my opinion if he is nursing an injury he should not be playing at all so BR and Gadzorks if you think he is injured do you think he should be playing?

the position may be something for next season

I assume we all remember Brennen being ruined by being forced into the ruck.

It is my opinion if he is nursing an injury he should not be playing at all so BR and Gadzorks if you think he is injured do you think he should be playing?

the position may be something for next season

Would depend on the injury. Professional athletes play with all sorts of injuries, typically when they can't make it worse and are just waiting for end of season surgery.

Rumour of Harris having a PCL injury is concerning. PCL and ACL work together to stabilise the knee. If there is instability, the risk of ACL injury increases. Which would write him off for next year.

Gotta trust our medical experts. If it is PCL, it might be a small tear with a bit of rubbish in the joint that is impeding movement but not destabilizing the knee. Would be a simple arthroscope to fix it, and they might have decided to play through it rather than taking him out for the six week recovery (mine was six week recovery, elite athletes probably recover far faster). Might explain Harris's impeded movement.

God please make it Monday. AFL Youth Grand Finals this weekend…there’ll be an awful lot of devastated young footballers if they are cancelled at this late stage.
They will be even more devastated if parents get covid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really. You reckon you won’t get it from the person sitting next to you if they have it.
I don’t reckon, that’s been the experience so far. At the mcg the infected people didn’t transmit to people next to them, but they did at the bar. Victoria’s oft mentioned playground infection turned out to be ‘unsubstantiated’.

If there’s cases tomorrow, no.

I’ve been to one game this year. Hope the club has appreciated my donation.
No doubt the club will - fans have done pretty well by afl clubs considering.
Obviously each to their own, but being at the game itself tomorrow would be extremely low risk, minute if vaccinated. If there are cases about they would transmit via PT or pubs before or after.

Obviously each to their own, but being at the game itself tomorrow would be extremely low risk, minute if vaccinated. If there are cases about they would transmit via PT or pubs before or after.

Assuming everybody stays masked in their seats as the protocols suggest, that would almost definitely be true.

Will be a bit of a nervous wait to see what's happening in the morning. Doesn't sound like it's the kind of situation that would cause a lockdown just yet going off previous decisions (they only locked down after a number of students from Indooroopilly High had also tested positive last time - they didn't do it off the first case), but they may well jump even earlier than they previously have considering what's happened in Victoria.

Assuming everybody stays masked in their seats as the protocols suggest, that would almost definitely be true.

Will be a bit of a nervous wait to see what's happening in the morning. Doesn't sound like it's the kind of situation that would cause a lockdown just yet going off previous decisions (they only locked down after a number of students from Indooroopilly High had also tested positive last time - they didn't do it off the first case), but they may well jump even earlier than they previously have considering what's happened in Victoria.

Based on people drinking and eating in their seats around us and including us, I reckon maybe 60% of the crowd are meeting mask mandates over the entire match.

Wear masks (no admittance without one anyway), take reasonable social distance precautions, have at least one Covid shot and the chance of contracting Covid and suffering serious health consequences would seem minuscule.

Enough with the paranoia and the knee-jerk reactions.

If the Qld Government pulls a crowd at the game tomorrow night, I will be utterly disgusted

Wear masks (no admittance without one anyway), take reasonable social distance precautions, have at least one Covid shot and the chance of contracting Covid and suffering serious health consequences would seem minuscule.

Enough with the paranoia and the knee-jerk reactions.

If the Qld Government pulls the game tomorrow night, I will be utterly disgusted

I'd be pretty disappointed, but it would be a hell of a lot better than them waiting to see if things escalate and us ending up locked down for 2 months. Immediate short lockdowns were a contentious strategy last year in some corners, but they could not have been more comprehensively validated over the past few months.

Anyway, keeping Covid to another thread, if the game is played without crowds my main thinking is that it may end up being a sad ending to a disappointing season. Considering the injuries, the form dips, and what looms as another failed finals campaign, it has been a bit of a let down so far, and to go out on that note would top it off. Guess it's not bad to still finish top 4 in a disappointing season though.

I'd be pretty disappointed, but it would be a hell of a lot better than them waiting to see if things escalate and us ending up locked down for 2 months. Immediate short lockdowns were a contentious strategy last year in some corners, but they could not have been more comprehensively validated over the past few months.

Anyway, keeping Covid to another thread, if the game is played without crowds my main thinking is that it may end up being a sad ending to a disappointing season. Considering the injuries, the form dips, and what looms as another failed finals campaign, it has been a bit of a let down so far, and to go out on that note would top it off. Guess it's not bad to still finish top 4 in a disappointing season though.
Even with the injuries we've had it would feel empty going out in straights sets especially after the effort we made to get the double chance in the last minute of the season, it would feel pretty much all for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back