Preview Semi Final vs GWS Giants, Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take that. Don't mind Chamberlain because he'll actually back himself and call stuff given the usual issue is letting stuff go, Ryan's ok, and don't recognise Stevic which is a good sign.

There's no way Ray would have missed that blatant Dusty throw and I also think that he wouldn't have fallen for that deplorable Grimes flop. Ray is pretty sharp when it comes to that sort of stuff, thus the "Razor' nickname.

There's two goals difference straight away.

Nicholls is an out and out cheat and has been shafting the Lions for years. My heart sinks whenever I see him listed for one of our games. It is beyond belief that he can get away with the crap he serves up to us on a consistent basis...surely this sort of bias has measurable parameters at AFL land.

Last edited:
I'll take that. Don't mind Chamberlain because he'll actually back himself and call stuff given the usual issue is letting stuff go, Ryan's ok, and don't recognise Stevic which is a good sign.
The two things I like about Chamberlain is that he's decisive and makes instant calls ,and he only pays what he sees ,not what he thinks could've happened.

Unlike the sad case last week.

I’d love a Brisbane v West Coast GF.

No doubt VFL House will not let that happen and whichever non-Victorian teams make the Preliminary Final, I’m expecting the umps to very much look after Collingwood and Richmond so they get the most commercial GF possible.

Dyl.. you don't honestly believe the AFL fix matches do you?

Funny thing, the fix the fixturing and the draw , they fix the player trades and meddle in the draft,they have a massive media outlet which fixes the news, they appoint and direct the tribunal , they even tell people how they're allowed to barrack and have self appointed themselves as social justice warriors, they take tens of millions from gambling corporations whose practices are self evidently corrupt.

It's just too far a stretch to think they would ever think of fixing matches isn't it

Definitely agree on Mumford. Shouldn't be in the league, let alone playing.

I think GWS save their worst for the Dogs. A lot of bad blood there.

Was it more rough stuff than usual? Seems to me the Giants were riled up over Bont's actions and getting off.

Funny thing, the fix the fixturing and the draw , they fix the player trades and meddle in the draft,they have a massive media outlet which fixes the news, they appoint and direct the tribunal , they even tell people how they're allowed to barrack and have self appointed themselves as social justice warriors, they take tens of millions from gambling corporations whose practices are self evidently corrupt.

It's just too far a stretch to think they would ever think of fixing matches isn't it

Do you wear your tin foil hat to games to make sure the AFL mind control satellites can't get to you?

Is that fixing though? or administration? I get what you mean though.

There is ZERO chance umpires would be directed to influence outcomes with their whistle, that just goes way too far. All it would take is one retired ump to do an interview or air their guilty conscious and It would bring the entire administration down.

By that theory AFL would have made sure that GWS never gets anywhere close to a grand final and have greene suspended for 3 matches and umpires would have reported every GWS player for rough play against the dogs😮

Do you wear your tin foil hat to games to make sure the AFL mind control satellites can't get to you?
I'm not howling about it , just a guy who's been around and seen how things work.

It used to be a competition where the clubs came first. It's now a competition where the AFL ,it's branding and whatever means they can get to generate income and power comes first.

Which sadly is at the expense of grass roots footy ,particularly in Victoria and especially the bush.

Is that fixing though? or administration? I get what you mean though.

There is ZERO chance umpires would be directed to influence outcomes with their whistle, that just goes way too far. All it would take is one retired ump to do an interview or air their guilty conscious and It would bring the entire administration down.
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Yeah so they want new franchises to work, who cares? that's sports admin. New franchises need help when competing with 100 year old clubs, rich with passion and history. They can pull certain levers to adjust things to help teams, just like they did for us post merger.

To suggest they actively influence game day by influencing the umpires whistle or that Gil asked Green be let off or manipulated the tribuneral system in the hope it might help GWS beat us (TBH I reckon they would want us to win more anyway given the state of footy in QLD).. is the equivalent of AFL fan flat earthers IMO. Absolute bottom of the barrell stuff.

Yeah so they want new franchises to work, who cares? that's sports admin. New franchises need help when competing with 100 year old clubs, rich with passion and history. They can pull certain levers to adjust things to help teams, just like they did for us post merger.

To suggest they actively influence game day by influencing the umpires whistle or that Gil asked Green be let off or manipulated the tribuneral system in the hope it might help GWS beat us (TBH I reckon they would want us to win more anyway given the state of footy in QLD).. is the equivalent of AFL fan flat earthers IMO. Absolute bottom of the barrell stuff.
It's more a cultural and endemic push from within . Plus on the corporate side you can clearly see how they operate, just like Packer or Stokes operate , and no one's surprised what happens there.

Demetriou was ,well I won't say it ,but Gil wouldn't know what day it was.

Was it more rough stuff than usual? Seems to me the Giants were riled up over Bont's actions and getting off.
Often the Giants play pretty hands off (to my frequent frustration) - Mumford obviously always an exception. On the weekend they were making sure every contest was felt - the Dogs did the same thing a couple of weeks back to good effect and tried it this weekend too. I don't know if they'll bring that twice in a row, and I'm kind of curious. But yeah, I also think they were super pissed about the Bont debacle, because they really put time into him.

In addition I didn't state that . I simply outlined the broader picture and I believe people are naive if they don't think a lot goes on that helps the corporate behemoth get its way.

You've heard Fitzpatrick on the phone , imagine what goes on behind closed doors.

I'll never forget the club dealing with Samuel . Those stories still to see the light of day

I do question the integrity of the AFL and the influence the AFL’s heavy’s and it’s Commission in achieving desired outcomes. The non-suspension of Cotchin in the preliminary final or the umpiring in the Bulldogs GF win, the introduction of the NGA to counter the northern academies and numerous other constant revolving issues demonstrate how farcical the AFL is and that’s Integrity should be questioned.

Often the Giants play pretty hands off (to my frequent frustration) - Mumford obviously always an exception. On the weekend they were making sure every contest was felt - the Dogs did the same thing a couple of weeks back to good effect and tried it this weekend too. I don't know if they'll bring that twice in a row, and I'm kind of curious. But yeah, I also think they were super pi**ed about the Bont debacle, because they really put time into him.
Last week was a bit of a shock to Bont and the Dogs . It clearly worked.

Likewise I'm really interested in what happens Saturday night . Do they bring the same mongrel or did they only have one shot in the locker ? Fortunately we'll be prepared and I'm sure our coaching staff will be telling the guys to go the ball all the time and if they focus on the man suck it up and use it to our advantage

I do question the integrity of the AFL and the influence the AFL’s heavy’s and it’s Commission in achieving desired outcomes. The non-suspension of Cotchin in the preliminary final or the umpiring in the Bulldogs GF win, the introduction of the NGA to counter the northern academies and numerous other constant revolving issues demonstrate how farcical the AFL is and that’s Integrity should be questioned.
100%

Last week was a bit of a shock to Bont and the Dogs . It clearly worked.

Likewise I'm really interested in what happens Saturday night . Do they bring the same mongrel or did they only have one shot in the locker ? Fortunately we'll be prepared and I'm sure our coaching staff will be telling the guys to go the ball all the time and if they focus on the man suck it up and use it to our advantage
Worked against Port. I think if GWS get too frenzied it helps our chances a lot

FWIW- Umpire 26 who officiated last week and was involved in both the non-throw and the Grimes flop should never be allowed near an important game again. Razor is to my mind the best going around and to me his appointment and others here speaks of an intent to correct an imbalance.

Nicholls, IIRC, penalised Rich in that ridiculous HTB decision but apart from that was reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back