Avalor

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
WCE reeled us in like a tease only revert back to being weak at the contest.

fu** I hate Geelong. Bunch on whinging campaigners
Exactly, first that flog Scott, then Selwood and Ablett on ground constantly whinging to the umps - Gaz has always done so.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Not surprising. Same old story. Can't play 4 quarters, played into their hands, pressure fell off, can't always play catch up footy. Some decent performances but overall a disappointing way to end the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seadog

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Shepp, Gaff and NN should be absolutely livid with how this team has played all year, we should've finished top 2 if we played like the reigning premiers. You don't get many chances to win a flag.
They needed to play better tonight, Gaff was solid but grubbered a lot of kicks, Shep made some uncharacteristic blues and Nic wasn't quite there, understandably as he is short of a run but none of them were great.

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Nightmare first quarter. Probably only Redden that turned up (and then didn't do much afterwards). Shuey and Gaff kept trying. Bad game by Sheed, just not strong enough in the contest.

Felt like we played too tall this year to accommodate a fading Kennedy. Hopefully he has a big preseason and we can squeeze one more year of quality out of him.

Losing to a team like Geelong doesn't hurt too bad in the end as it turns out, because it makes you accept we wouldn't have been up to it against the better teams to come. Need to improve next year.

Schofield, what a legend.

sdb4884

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
Masten and Schofield last games for the club?

I'm confident they can be replaced by what we already have at the club. I rate Brayshaw I think he'll come good. Also Rotham too and if we don't trade Brander he'll be useful too. Think we need to think beyond Kelly also, get a few extra mids via trades with some potential.

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
No Rioli/DV to give the mids a chop out. They looked cooked in the last. Sheed needs a rocket. Defensively he is appalling, get him his own personal tackling coach. That contest i50 in the last between him and Narkle showed the lack of hunger and intent. Both went down, Narkle spring to his feet and ran away with it while Sheed sat on his ass watching.

Last edited:

15yearmember

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
The running out of gas midway through the 3rd quarter became a recurring theme in the second half of the season and we again died in the ass after getting up by 7 points in the 3rd (kicked a point after that the rest of the way).

Thoughts on why? Taxing game plan? Lack of running depth?

Wooshette

Blue and Gold
May 27, 2007
Melboooorne
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s not his absence people are blaming I don’t think. Him just missing the game hurt is very different.

Completely deflating news to receive on the eve of a final. Tough to push through distractions like that sometimes.
This, we cant blame him for that last quarter after we got in front, but this feeling is doubly bad because of him...feels like we’ve gone back 15 years. Awful.

Thomas2

Premium Gold
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Simpson’s a great coach but they may need a ruthless nasty assistant coach. Have looked soft most year, talent has got them across the line, not many injuries. Big names like Gov Barrass Sheed have been disappointing compared last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Needs a bad cop to his good cop. I think Sam Mitchell was this to a certain extent with the mids last finals series.

Top Bottom