Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Disappointed but not our year really, just too inconsistent. Still a proud Eagles member, last year was special, hopefully we don’t have to wait much longer for another chance. Heads up everyone.
Exactly.

Last year was SO unexpected and brilliant it was always going to take a lot extra to back it up.

Things didnt go our way and we didnt help ourselves either.

Literally the only thing I'm looking forward to now AFL wise is the 2020 Fixture, the draft and trade time.

Whoever wins the 2019 flag congrats.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
People saying jk is done are clueless. The supply he has been getting is ******* horrendous.
He is definitely done. Got his hands to balls he would normally mark and didn’t hold them plus we need to get players like Brander, Williams, Allen and Waterman into that forward line. We’ll go off the pace for a bit but better than persevering with a great footballer who is no longer anywhere near the top of his craft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
The running out of gas midway through the 3rd quarter became a recurring theme in the second half of the season and we again died in the ass after getting up by 7 points in the 3rd (kicked a point after that the rest of the way).

Thoughts on why? Taxing game plan? Lack of running depth?
Yep, it's becoming so predictable. Even as we appeared like running over them I felt it'd be close. I think it's partly just a mental thing, maybe lacking the focus to finish off games. Maybe physical fitness as well, I dunno. Both the Hawthorn game and this game is our season in a nutshell.

Dylan82

Premium Platinum
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
If anyone thinks the umpires influenced the end result, you're very mistaken.

Needless to say that the free kick count was +8 in our favour at the end of play.

Geelong had 67 more disposals yet also had 14 more tackles.

They won the contested possessions by 23 and the uncontested possessions by 40.

They disposed at 75% efficiency compared to our 70% and beat us at our own game, taking more marks.

They gained an extra 600 metres and went into their forward 50 on 15 more occasions.

In all respect we were very fortunate that Geelong wasted many easy chances early which allowed us back into the contest.

This could easily have been a 10 goal-plus hiding.

LawrenceJameson

Debutant
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Nic Nat gets all the plaudits he needs to be called out when he dishes up shit in a big final. Was probably only 40% fit. Need a work horse like Lycett Grundy. Ruck most the day and only need 1 ruckman. The game is more about speed now, don't need so many talls. Geelong were far too quick.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast

Needless to say that the free kick count was +8 in our favour at the end of play.

They disposed at 75% efficiency compared to our 70% and beat us at our own game, taking more marks.

They gained an extra 600 metres and went into their forward 50 on 15 more occasions.

In all respect we were very fortunate that Geelong wasted many easy chances early which allowed us back into the contest.

Yeah I'll acknowledge we got a good run. E.g. Shuey should've been pinned, then Kelly gets pinned straight after. The umps did try to even it up a bit later, but nah, can't blame umps, we lost it in the most predictable way. Struggle to finish off games, especially against defensively well set up teams.

TY24

Mining Magnate
Mar 21, 2017
The absolute middle of nowhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
Feeling pretty numb and empty right now.

Guess it’s time to roll out that old cliche my North and Essendon supporting relatives have been using for weeks.

‘It’s cricket season’

Wooshette

Blue and Gold
May 27, 2007
Melboooorne
AFL Club
West Coast

Definitely no blaming the umpires, several howlers both ways. Shitty last quarter, it’s on us.

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I'm willing to give Kennedy another year, if he gets a full pre-season he'll be all the better for it. If it doesn't work out well it's not the end of the world we have options now at least.
Yep another year for JK.

Do the Alastair Lynch and play him at home

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Liverpool FC
I'm willing to give Kennedy another year, if he gets a full pre-season he'll be all the better for it. If it doesn't work out well it's not the end of the world we have options now at least.
The problem is he's no longer capable of a full pre-season. He'll have to be nursed through it. As Simmo said "we need to remember he's not 25 anymore". But anyway he's contracted for 2020 so unless he retires, he's going nowhere.

Top Bottom