Game Day SEMI-FINAL: West Coast Eagles vs Geelong

Let me set the scene here.

Last year, Nic Naitanui tore his ACL, but we overcame it to win the flag.

Brad Sheppard tore his hamstring, but we overcame it to win the flag.

Andrew Gaff was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn’t commit, but we overcame it to win the flag.

We’re no strangers to adversity, we’ve dealt with it every step of the way. We‘ve been a dominant force for three decades in a league that didn’t even want us. We lose key players but push forward. We stop playing for quarters at a time, seemingly just to make the comeback more fun. This team knows how to hang tough.

I’ll bet you were feeling pretty flat yesterday. I know I was. But that was yesterday’s problem. Today? Today is game day.

* negativity. * worrying about the unknown. * everyone that isn’t West Coast.

Fire up campaigners, it’s time to hunt.

Last edited:

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Willie has been told by his lawyer not to discuss what has happened to the club .
Evidently according to lawyer Brendan Taylor Rioli will need to prove it was not his fault or clear himself or face a 2-4 yr ban .

Rioli left the Eagles hotel last night after hearing the news and is being supported by family . WCE and staff are concerned about his welfare and doing all they can .

All up this is a complete stuff up !!
Today is the game day.
We are all angry with this saga. The best way for the selected 22 players and the coaches to handle it is to turn this anger into increased intensity.
By having a win today shall give a strong supporting signal to Rioli and decrease the negative comments from the media, opposite teams and even our own team members.
WCE are pros with high leadership qualities. We shall put in extra 110% to beat the Cats by 5 goals

Last edited:

Goalski14

Debutant
Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yesterday was a massive kick in the guts, I felt sick. But still we have to keep the faith, we’ve overcome so much adversity in the past, why not again tonight? I’m sensing a memorable victory tonight by 7 points, let’s get em.

ME ME ME

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
SEN saying Danger might miss with a run injury.

Not sure how reliable SEN are. and no way dangerfield is gonna miss a big final unless he carrying a serious injury. I heard he had sore ribs, but not enough to keep him out

Back