Game Day SEMI-FINAL: West Coast Eagles vs Geelong

LawrenceJameson

Senior List
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Simpson’s a great coach but they may need a ruthless nasty assistant coach. Have looked soft most year, talent has got them across the line, not many injuries. Big names like Gov Barrass Sheed have been disappointing compared last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
OK, back to praying for a meteor strike on the MCG next Friday. At least it can't be a Geelong-Richmond GF, I'd have had to drive out to a no-signal zone that weekend.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Im proud of the boys for fighting back into the game, but it was always gonna be a bridge too far. Had to work too hard to overcome the deficit, and had nothing left to give in the end. We finish the season as also-rans and under a drug cloud.

Thanks Willie.
Many very flay boys out there, e a few great efforts though but not a great game at all. It was geelongs GF they will get killed next week being down to that performance at the final change.

Stop blaming Willie, hes one bloke ffs.

It’s not his absence people are blaming I don’t think. Him just missing the game hurt is very different.

Completely deflating news to receive on the eve of a final. Tough to push through distractions like that sometimes.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Not surprising. Same old story. Can't play 4 quarters, played into their hands, pressure fell off, can't always play catch up footy. Some decent performances but overall a disappointing way to end the season.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Shepp, Gaff and NN should be absolutely livid with how this team has played all year, we should've finished top 2 if we played like the reigning premiers. You don't get many chances to win a flag.
They needed to play better tonight, Gaff was solid but grubbered a lot of kicks, Shep made some uncharacteristic blues and Nic wasn't quite there, understandably as he is short of a run but none of them were great.

Back