Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Willie pi**ed our season away. With his talent and the absence of that distraction we would've won this. Geelong were beatable tonight.

Yes there were other factors, but percentages matter, and the team's collective mindset would more than likely have been slightly off tonight.

What a s**t end to the season.
We wouldn’t have won tonight with Willie in. Both Barass and Mc Govern have been average this year and were pretty bad tonight. We had a lot of passengers such as Waterman, Cripps, Kennedy, Masten and Hutchings. Even Shepherd was off his game a bit. The good thing is we now have an opportunity to bring some of the kids into the team. Kennedy must retire and Masten must go. Hutchings is depth. I don’t think the team selection was good tonight but can understand the reasons. Allen would have been better than Waterman and Cameron or Ah Chee would have been better than Hutchings. Next year I would assume both Kennedy and Masten will either be gone or playing WAFL. Time to bring Brander And Williams in as well as start to give games to O’Neill, Foley and maybe Ainsworth. Hopefully we can pick up some good mids as well but I do worry that Kelly will cost us too much.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong played well and deserved the win. I think the mindset in the 1st quarter was clearly affected by the weeks events, some very uncharacteristic blunders by reliable players
Very happy to see a good response and some heart in the next 2 quarters but Geelong were too good in the contest in the last and deserved the win. Danger gave Yeo a lesson, as much as I don't rate him as a bloke, he is a fantastic footballer.
That said, Richmond will beat them fairly soundly next week.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Well done geelong better team on the day .

Good season for us playing 2 finals but just couldn't get our side to click for 4 quarters at all this season .

Cant win it every year just hope now one of brissy or GWS can win it .

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Think we’re going to struggle next year. Big gap between the fading stars and their replacements coming through. We need new game plan for new look team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kennedy? Provided very little for whole season imo.

Hurn might slow down another gear which would be the only one that really hurts

Not sure who else?

Naitanui played 4 games before finals and we should’ve made top 2

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Simpson’s a great coach but they may need a ruthless nasty assistant coach. Have looked soft most year, talent has got them across the line, not many injuries. Big names like Gov Barrass Sheed have been disappointing compared last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

10,000% this

If Simpson cannot give those boys a bake after that, he never will.

He is so obsessed with being everyones buddy. And if He can't outsource the spray, he's screwed

And before everyone says "well, relationships are part of modern sport......"

Alistair Clarkson, sir Alex Ferguson, Bill Belechik, Vince Lombardi etc were all capable of delivering a bake when warranted

What does this tell you

Sustained success vs 1 time win

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
Sheed, Barrass and Hutchings are genuine plodders can't have them best 22 by the end of next year unless their preseasons are huge and they work on their deficiencies.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Reckon we're in free fall next year. Teams around have gotten better, where is our improvement?
Umm...Oscar Allen, Brander, Bailey Wiliams, Ryan, Cameron, Petch, more than 5 NicNat games, possible Tim Kelly trade. Massive scope for improvement.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Disappointed but not our year really, just too inconsistent. Still a proud Eagles member, last year was special, hopefully we don’t have to wait much longer for another chance. Heads up everyone.
Exactly.

Last year was SO unexpected and brilliant it was always going to take a lot extra to back it up.

Things didnt go our way and we didnt help ourselves either.

Literally the only thing I'm looking forward to now AFL wise is the 2020 Fixture, the draft and trade time.

Whoever wins the 2019 flag congrats.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
People saying jk is done are clueless. The supply he has been getting is ******* horrendous.
He is definitely done. Got his hands to balls he would normally mark and didn’t hold them plus we need to get players like Brander, Williams, Allen and Waterman into that forward line. We’ll go off the pace for a bit but better than persevering with a great footballer who is no longer anywhere near the top of his craft

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
The running out of gas midway through the 3rd quarter became a recurring theme in the second half of the season and we again died in the ass after getting up by 7 points in the 3rd (kicked a point after that the rest of the way).

Thoughts on why? Taxing game plan? Lack of running depth?

Yep, it's becoming so predictable. Even as we appeared like running over them I felt it'd be close. I think it's partly just a mental thing, maybe lacking the focus to finish off games. Maybe physical fitness as well, I dunno. Both the Hawthorn game and this game is our season in a nutshell.

Back