World Cup Semi Finals: Game One - Brazil vs Germany (9th July 6:00AM AEST) (Belo Horizonte)

Remove this Banner Ad

349.png
vs
1037.png

8Z1YCO4.png

Statistics from the World Cup so far for both teams:
wtSVWLA.png

Two of the worlds heavyweights in football, Brazil and Germany, meet in the first semi final of the 2014 World Cup. Most experts would have had Brazil and Germany progressing this far into the tournament and here we are.

Brazil dominated Colombia in the quarter final. However, with about ten minutes to go, superstar Neymar was involved in an incident which left him with a fractured vertebrae meaning that he will miss the rest of the World Cup. This is not only a huge blow for Brazil, but also for all football fans in the world who enjoy watching a skillful player. I believe Brazil can cover his loss as they have so many good players in their side. Brazil will also be missing their captain Thiago Silva through suspension.

Germany had a bit of a slogfest in their quarter final against France, but in end prevailed through thanks to an early goal by Mats Hummels. Germany are still seeking their best form of the competition and will hope that it can come through against a Brazil side playing at home.

Brazil historically have dominated Germany, however, this match will be a hard one to pick. Being at home, you just have to go with Brazil here. I think they can pick apart a shaky German defense and in turn book themselves a place in the World Cup final.

Final prediction: Brazil 2-1 Germany (Brazil to score 2nd goal in extra time).

Last edited:
Germany all the way. Had them playing the final vs Argentina from day dot will stand by that.

I really believe this is Germany's for the taking after Neymar's injury.

Four champion teams left and all deserving of being in the semi finals at least. I like the prediction of 2 - 1 in extra time but I'm going Germany FTW.

This is where Germany need the likes of Muller, Ozil and Schurrle to shine. If they do, I think Germany will win. Brazil have been quite ordinary.

My avatar says it all. As someone with German heritage I really believe this is our year.

No Neymar gives us a huge advantage and I believe we will exploit that.

Komm Deutschland!

Why does everyone hate Brazil so much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Germany rode their luck against Algeria and France.

So have Brazil.

They topped the group because of the penalty against Croatia otherwise they would've played Netherlands, and they beat Chile on penalties after Chile hit the crossbar in the 120th minute.

What sort of game can we expect to see tomorrow morning between Brazil and Germany-an open, attacking match with goals aplenty, or a defensive-style game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back