World Cup Semi Finals: Game Two - Netherlands vs Argentina (10th July 6:00AM AEST) (Sao Paulo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cillesen has never saved a pen and not hard to see why..

Overall gotta be one of the worst all round games I have seen in world cups.. Argies just sat their defence on the edge of the area for 120 minutes with two DM's parked in front..

You're an idiot. The manager decides the penalty order not the player.

Plus, I reckon the best player should take the first penalty. Arguably the most important, as you want to get your team off to the right start. Ramps up the pressure on everyone if you miss the first. Leave him last and his kick might not even be taken if his teammates miss a few.

Anyway, what a s**t game. Hope Germany can take Argentina to the cleaners. I suspect Argentina will be happy to play for a 0-0 draw, fearful of being unhinged if they try to take the game on.

Honestly I dont think the dutch were any worse than Argentina or vice versa. Simply looked like both teams were far too scared and if a goal was going to come it would have only been through a lucky fall of the ball etc. If argentina play that timid they will get pumped by germany and might anyway. I dont think either of these teams would have made the last 2 cup finals.

Despite a mass amount of goals yesterday, ive gotvto say this world cup was by far the best in the group and early knockouts and has tapered off a bit for mine whereother ttournaments have gotten stronger. Hope the final throws up something to make that change

An uninspiring match but the Dutch (and LVG) regained some respect after their disgraceful behaviour in the 2010 final and can go home with their heads held high. Interesting to note the Netherlands only conceded 4 goals for the tournament, half of which were against Australia.

Arg will adopt the same ultra defensive approach v Germany .In fact I bet they will even play 3 Defensive midfielders v Germany in an ultra defensive 4-3-3 system. But they will be crazy to play for pens because germany have only ever lost 1 shootout in their history and have a ridiculous keeper.

It would be a different final if Di Maria and Aguero were both fit. Argentina have actually conceded fewer goals (3) than Germany (4) so I think we can expect another low-scoring affair. Which is a shame because I'd love to see Messi and Mueller go head to head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LA ALBICELESTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see more 'genius' from Van Gaal in the Premier League. Why did they not learn from the 2010 Final when it comes to this stage.

BsInntHCAAANAeO.jpg:large

Dat Tackle :thumbsu:

The defending from Vlaar for the whole 120 was immense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back