Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Dogs by 3 or 4 goals

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Dogs to win big

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

yebiga ’s gypsy half-sister may have to be called upon again 🤔
The bitch says she doesn't feel it - says the 2016 boys had a magic she could work with
If we are good enough to win against Brisbane without the voodoo - she is on board
and ready to eat live rats and chickens.

Last edited:
history shows that the losing qualifying finalist wins this game about 8 out of 10 times, people always over rate last weeks winners and underrate the losers making this round my favourite betting round of the year. hope we are the exception this year.
Difference being we have been a top 4 side for the majority of the season. Had a couple of down weeks due to no VFL and having to play underdone players.
There isn't a gulf of quality in the teams most switched on wins

Difference being we have been a top 4 side for the majority of the season. Had a couple of down weeks due to no VFL and having to play underdone players.
There isn't a gulf of quality in the teams most switched on wins
That’s an important part of it and would certainly put us on par with all or most of the top 4. We were only a Gary Rohan goal after the siren away from finishing second.

However once you miss the top 4 the pathway to the grand final is so much harder. A home final if you finish 5th or 6th (but not this year - we had to play in Tassy). Then it’s playing away for the SF and the PF. No break. No luxury of knowing you have the double chance.

These things contribute significantly to the history of teams finishing 5-8 not winning a flag.

That’s an important part of it and would certainly put us on par with all or most of the top 4. We were only a Gary Rohan goal after the siren away from finishing second.

However once you miss the top 4 the pathway to the grand final is so much harder. A home final if you finish 5th or 6th (but not this year - we had to play in Tassy). Then it’s playing away for the SF and the PF. No break. No luxury of knowing you have the double chance.

These things contribute significantly to the history of teams finishing 5-8 not winning a flag.
It’s harder, but if we beat Brisbane we’ll be in the same position we could have been in if we’d lost a qualifying final, and there’s a prospect of a rest before a GF.

I certainly don’t expect us to win it, or to even make the grand final, but these compromised seasons can be the best time to stuff your top four run!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should move the game. I know they won't because brisbane is trash away from home, but if they were consistent they would
I am fully vacinated and would more than willing to head down to Whitten Oval to watch this match on Saturday

Lachie Neale had 46 touches last week, the most ever recorded in a final

Does that mean he's returning to his very best and we must clamp down, or does it mean that he has minimal hurt factor?

Ditto. We could take maddog37's advice to put the phone (or whatever device) down for a bit. I've done that, for quite extended periods when I just get tired of the repetitive carping. Before anybody suggests we don't "allow" negativity I will say that I believe that people DO have a right to let off steam and criticise the coach, MC, or players.

However, it seems (to me, at least) that putting the phone down/away is a suggestion aimed at those who would also like to voice their opinion. 'We' are simply calling the predictable gnashing of teeth and amusing' melts for what they are. Call me a Bevo disciple/"fanboi", I'll happily wear that.

I'd like to give a name/description to those marbles who stamp their feet like children when they don't get what they think they deserve, but when I did have a 'go' I was more or less told using the M word was verboten. Amusingly, those same people somehow think it okay to use it freely themselves :)
You will never be superseded in my book

Lachie Neale had 46 touches last week, the most ever recorded in a final

Does that mean he's returning to his very best and we must clamp down, or does it mean that he has minimal hurt factor?
Bevo said he'll consider tagging him. Prob means he won't lol

Let’s clarify the situation. We’re now more confident because rather than the insanity of the Port game where English never entered the ruck and Bont and Hannan were in there at times, Young is now a 30-40% ruck chop out and we have added a tall, to get back to the three pronged tall forward attack.
LOL keep trying

In 2000 some of the Olympic soccer matches were played at the Gabba. In order to prepare for this, the powers that be decided that the stadium needed a new concrete expressway to ferry buses to & from the venue.

I helped lay some of the concrete forms for this road, and jackhammered some of the faulty concrete work back down to the ground. In 38 degree heatwave conditions.

Then I got sacked because I don’t know * all about concreting.

Amywsy the Gabba owes me one so we should be apples this week.

Hear me, O Gabba.

You will never be superseded in my book

The speeling Nazi in me appreciated the fact you got it right re my moniker. Goes back years ago, a reference to my (then) marital status, and a tattoo (tough sticker?) I got at the time.

Interestingly, I think there may be alternate ways of spelling it. The Yanks, possibly, but the 's' is now my preferred spelling.

Totally off-topic, I know :)

Back