SEN is unlistenable due to saturation advertising.

Remove this Banner Ad

take it off air then IMO.
What are we losing?
Absolutely nothing.

Yep agree. The reason they have so many ads is because the flogs that are on the shows are on massive salaries. These guys bet paid ridiculous amounts to sit on their rectums and preach regurgitated bollocks to justify their jobs. All it is, is a big gravy train. Not much substance to any of it, personally I think football is way too dissected these days. You only have to watch Fox to see all the noodles with their own shows now. All basically saying the same thing as everyone else, but trying to be comedians at the same time, it is painfully embarrassing and excruciating to watch.... so I dont.

There are also just some strange programming decisions.

e.g. the Monday after the Grand Final, you'd probably want to hear Whateley and his heavy hitters giving a long in-depth analysis of the game, the big moments, where it was won and lost, etc. You'd want some sort of looking back on the season that was, as well as discussing prospects for teams in 2019.

Instead we had Trade Radio, with Sam and Nicky Dal derping it up and talking absolute rubbish for 3 hours because there were no actual trades yet.

Mate that’s all off-season. The real season is trade season, don’t you know

Stopped listening in about June. It's true that I have a tile fetish and get all tingly when Frank does his thing, but the whole vibe of the station has changed massively. Getting rid of Fine was a huge mistake.

Yeah I liked Fine, he did actually know his sports really well without coming across as a know-all.

Anyways there’s options now. There’s Macquarie Sports Radio... and while RSN is a racing station, some of its shows and the breakfast show are about sport.

I basically switch between SEN, MacSportNet and RSN in the mornings. If all 3 ads then I switch to one of the digital music stations I have programmed. SEN has gone to s**t since Hutchy swung the axe. KB and Dr Turf every day in drive home slot is garbage. They talk the same shite every single day. KB belongs in an AM slot.
The young dude they have on in the evenings sounds like a work experience kid. Tries to sound controversial and overhypes everything. Finey would be great listening in a after 10pm show. Trade radio is the same s**t spun hundreds of different ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have mainly been listening to Sen as a podcast. Only a few hours behind as well as they upload the shows fairly quickly during the week.

If everyone sends me $1/week I will do a live Youtube AFL analsyis

That was a terrible decision. Mark fine played the common man armchair analyst perfectly. He was raw and rough around the edges and was full of passion. He just didnt have the profile. Pretty sure kornes replaced him. His show is dull, boring and lacks any real insight given he played at the top level.
I didn't realise hed been fired. I'm going to miss his reactions to the abusive texts his listeners would send him.

Was always a great listen on those long drives home after a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back