SEN is unlistenable due to saturation advertising.

Remove this Banner Ad

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Re the amount of ads, i put on triple Ms pregame show one Friday night, and looked at the time, and they played 14 minutes of ads before the panel came on and started talking.
So its not just sen. The triple M network is ridiculous in this area.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Who are these people that still listen/ watch radio/ fta that you arent absolutely forced to?
Big city commutes put people in a car with only a radio for company for hours . It's very conservative to tech changes as people drive their car for 20 years without upgrading their Am/Fm radio.

Dunno about towns like Perth though- you guys even have traffic jams?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Big city commutes put people in a car with only a radio for company for hours . It's very conservative to tech changes as people drive their car for 20 years without upgrading their Am/Fm radio.

Iphone / android carplay or just plug the thing in.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast

Not real ones no, it can be slower at times but nothing like Sydney/Melbourne.

Even then, if things are slow we just wind down the window and talk to the person in the car next to us - we all know each other afterall and it’d be rude not to say hello.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was always bad, but since croco media took over SEN, the amount of adds per hour has gone to ridiculous levels. I must have heard some of these adds over 1000 times.Isn't there laws to prevent this brainwashing?

It's awful. And so are the "info ads" read by the hosts. One of the reasons I stopped listening.

if you live east or west in Perth, it could take up to 15 minutes to get home from the city.

live north or south and you can be driving for 40-90 minutes

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl

Also people who work boring nightshifts and have radio playing to relieve the boredom and loneliness as they work.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Harf, marko, tony, ox and finey were the heart of SEN.

How you can decide that KB and doc are better than marko and ox for the drive home is beyond me.

I’ve tuned out ever since, only ever have it on in the background because there’s nothing else to listen to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Trade Radio is shocking for it. Didn't tune in this period, except for the final day war room action.

Just pick and choose what podcast interviews you want if needed.

Mar 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys
Tobin Brothers funerals, have you chosen your casket yet? Ohhhhhhhhhh black and white, the sporty one HAHA FAKE LAUGH KILL YOURSELF i hate that bitch. All i ever hear is tobin brothers jin hang and tiles tiles tiles non stop. Overnights can be ok to pretty good, cover a wide variety however not nearly enough F1, cycling, nba and epl though at least there is some. The ads are a killer, ive had to give it a rest after trade week.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
The ads have increased noticeably in last couple of months- thought it was just cashing in on prefinals ratings or something. If it’s still going like that, then yep, unlistenable. Was just too many.

Turf and KB is excruciating radio, absolutely terrible
Haven't listened to the station since they got the gig.

Marko and Ox were an enjoyable listen most days on the drive home. KB and Doc made me want to drive off the road into the bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back