Rumour SEN - "Michael Hurley offered 5 year contract to join Tigers"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression you can make whatever offer you want, as long as it is too the Player Manager and not the Player directly. Paperwork and direct Player contact has to be within the appropriate times of the year.

Spot on, but the talk between the club and the manager is just talk

Yes you do have verbal contracts, but I suspect it wouldn't hold up in the afl world because the afl has to be party to any agreement

As such, even if we had a handshake, its a warm cuddle and nothing more till the trade window opens and pen is put to paper

Can you clarify that?
As I just said the Club will not discuss particulars.

Not everything is a PR exercise for the Club, most times the Media come knocking is that they (the Media) need a story to fill space in their paper or time in their broadcast. If they (the Media) want to waste their time asking the same line of question that will get no response, then that is on them. Most will straighten up and go with another line of questioning to at least get a response on another matter.

So you go with the tried and tested response of "the Club is always looking to bring in talent and strengthen the list, however we wont make comment or respond to speculation on particular Players".

Just a guess, but they nay have done this because it is efc and the afl is all over them right now with the negotiated settlement going on

Afl may not be happy if we are ruining their effort to keep as much of the list together as possible, but doing secret deals behind them

My god, I am surprised with your obvious expertise you are not working for the Hawks. Now I don't know if you just can't get my point but I'll try again.

Yes we would have spoken to Yarrans management, yes we would have said we would take him blah blah blah but we would not have tabled a formal deal mid year, that should not be to gard to get right?

If you recall, Yarrans manager got permission from the blues to allow Yaz to come to the club to "talk" towards the end of the year ( during the season) so of course rules can be bent only if the two clubs are happy to do so, it happens all the time.

Also settle down, I think you need a nap. You always post chicken little posts potting the club with every bloody post, that's on you not me. We get your unhappy but chicken little you are the one that draws a long bow trying to paint our club in a negative light, cotchins cheekbone is a perfect example of it.

whatever you say dude..and there wasnt any tanking back when too..lmaooo...sheeeeesh...some people just dont get it.. ;)

Spot on, but the talk between the club and the manager is just talk

Yes you do have verbal contracts, but I suspect it wouldn't hold up in the afl world because the afl has to be party to any agreement

As such, even if we had a handshake, its a warm cuddle and nothing more till the trade window opens and pen is put to paper
Of course it can't be an "official" offer and nothing is set in stone till a signature hits a contact sheet.....cough cough Trelor. However people including the AFL are kidding themselves if they don't think particulars all the way down to third party options are not being discussed, presented or in the case of the Manager requested.

Of course it can't be an "official" offer and nothing is set in stone till a signature hits a contact sheet.....cough cough Trelor. However people including the AFL are kidding themselves if they don't think particulars all the way down to third party options are not being discussed, presented or in the case of the Manager requested.

Of course, completely agree

Just a guess, but they nay have done this because it is efc and the afl is all over them right now with the negotiated settlement going on

Afl may not be happy if we are ruining their effort to keep as much of the list together as possible, but doing secret deals behind them
* the AFL and double * Essendon. The competition is in the position it is because Essendon wanted to gain an advantage by "pushing the boundaries" and by intent or ineptness crossed the line. The AFL only made things worse by thinking it was another matter they could deal with in house. Both organisations can eat a bag dicks. It's not the responsibility of the RFC or any other Club to treat Essendon with kid gloves.

As much as people bag Barrett I'm tipping he's got more clue than anyone on this board... He said we were right into Hurley and I do believe that. There's been a lot of scrutiny from the media on our list this year and I would very surprised if we didn't have a huge go at Hurley and other big names.

As much as people bag Barrett I'm tipping he's got more clue than anyone on this board... He said we were right into Hurley and I do believe that. There's been a lot of scrutiny from the media on our list this year and I would very surprised if we didn't have a huge go at Hurley and other big names.
If true, history shows they will get none of them anyway.

**** the AFL and double **** Essendon. The competition is in the position it is because Essendon wanted to gain an advantage by "pushing the boundaries" and by intent or ineptness crossed the line. The AFL only made things worse by thinking it was another matter they could deal with in house. Both organisations can eat a bag dicks. It's not the responsibility of the RFC or any other Club to treat Essendon with kid gloves.
True, but they have to give the impression they are…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** the AFL and double **** Essendon. The competition is in the position it is because Essendon wanted to gain an advantage by "pushing the boundaries" and by intent or ineptness crossed the line. The AFL only made things worse by thinking it was another matter they could deal with in house. Both organisations can eat a bag dicks. It's not the responsibility of the RFC or any other Club to treat Essendon with kid gloves.

I have a tonne of issues with the post verdict arrangements

The players contracts are either solid or void. This notion that any player can pick or choose is a farce

And then if the get approval from the grievance council, they should not be dfa. They should have to re enter the draft. Making them dfa punishes efc but rewards the player

As for the compo, I don't get how players who were found to conceal info from asada by cas get compensated for being sanctioned by the club.

But, this is the afl....

Of course Barrett was 100% spot on.
But we - as Richmond inevitably always are - were left bumbling in the dark for more than a week trying to figure out a response.
If we weren't making serious approaches, we would have denied it last Monday afternoon.

Of course Barrett was 100% spot on.
But we - as Richmond inevitably always are - were left bumbling in the dark for more than a week trying to figure out a response.
If we weren't making serious approaches, we would have denied it last Monday afternoon.
I assume we were contacted by the AFL during the week with a "please explain"…...;)

I have a tonne of issues with the post verdict arrangements

The players contracts are either solid or void. This notion that any player can pick or choose is a farce

And then if the get approval from the grievance council, they should not be dfa. They should have to re enter the draft. Making them dfa punishes efc but rewards the player

As for the compo, I don't get how players who were found to conceal info from asada by cas get compensated for being sanctioned by the club.

But, this is the afl....
Just remember Melbourne did not tank and where fined half a million on the back of that finding.

The AFL like to present themselves as this great organisation, but at the end of the day it's just another Boy's Club Bush League but with big TV money behind it. The joints a joke and disgrace.

As I just said the Club will not discuss particulars.

Not everything is a PR exercise for the Club, most times the Media come knocking is that they (the Media) need a story to fill space in their paper or time in their broadcast. If they (the Media) want to waste their time asking the same line of question that will get no response, then that is on them. Most will straighten up and go with another line of questioning to at least get a response on another matter.

Agree

True, but they have to give the impression they are…..
Why? The AFL and the EFC are in the position they are in because of the AFL and the EFC. It has nothing to do with the RFC and therefore not Richmond's or anyone's responsibility to walk on egg shells around them .

The afl and the Australian community needs to be more sensitive with the poor little darlings they're are just little Aussie battlers not cheating Russian athlettes

Why? The AFL and the EFC are in the position they are in because of the AFL and the EFC. It has nothing to do with the RFC and therefore not Richmond's or anyone's responsibility to walk on egg shells around them .
Again I agree with your sentiments, but the AFL have been trying to manage this fiasco from day1. They are doing everything they can to make the EFC powerful again. They don't care about other teams like the RFC. They want all of Essendon's stars to stay. When they heard that we've been sniffing around, they would have sent us a very stern message. We have responded publicly to make it sound we are innocent.
We all know this is up to Hurley and not the RFC. He is still under contract. If he decides to stay, that's his decision. We have told his management what we are prepared to offer if he wishes to exercise his DFA option. Nothing more and nothing less. Our response is just to get the AFL off our backs.
I would be livid if we didn't do what the RFC has been mooted to have done by Barrett and Harford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back