Rumour SEN - "Michael Hurley offered 5 year contract to join Tigers"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I agree with your sentiments, but the AFL have been trying to manage this fiasco from day1. They are doing everything they can to make the EFC powerful again. They don't care about other teams like the RFC. They want all of Essendon's stars to stay. When they heard that we've been sniffing around, they would have sent us a very stern message. We have responded publicly to make it sound we are innocent.
We all know this is up to Hurley and not the RFC. He is still under contract. If he decides to stay, that's his decision. We have told his management what we are prepared to offer if he wishes to exercise his DFA option. Nothing more and nothing less. Our response is just to get the AFL off our backs.
I would be livid if we didn't do what the RFC has been mooted to have done by Barrett and Harford.
So Richmond need to grow a pair. You said it yourself the AFL are doing all they can to make a Club found guilty of the biggest sports doping scandal this Country as ever seen powerful again and wipe their arse for them as they do it. The AFL is not looking out for the best interest of Richmond so why should Richmond look out for the best interest of the AFL or the EFC.

If the AFL phone up with a please explain, then the RFC should simply reply with our interests are with what's best for the Richmond Football Club and not Essendon. We have broken no rules or regulations so therefore your involvement is not warranted or required and we would appreciate that we be left to run the Club as we see fit. Whilst at the same time make reference to the fact that the special treatment the EFC is receiving is not agreeable with the position of the RFC.

Last edited:
I think you will find Hurley told the Tigers they are not interested and that he going to re sign as Essendon.

A bit of the old " we didn't want you anyway" type stuff

I think you will find Hurley told the Tigers they are not interested and that he going to re sign as Essendon.

I think youll find we dont care what you have to say

And we "didnt ask you anyway"

Oh well guess the Club will need to look for another Cab Driver Bashing Drug Cheat to fill the void.

So Richmond need to grow a pair. You said it yourself the AFL are doing all they can to make a Club found guilty of the biggest sports doping scandal this Country as ever seen powerful again and wipe their arse for them as they do it. The AFL is not looking out for the best interest of Richmond so why should Richmond look out for the best interest of the AFL or the EFC.

If the AFL phone up with a please explain, then the RFC should simply reply with our interests are with what's best for the Richmond Football Club and not Essendon. We have broken no rules or regulations so therefore your involvement is not warranted or required and we would appreciate that we be left to run the Club as we see fit. Whilst at the same time make reference to the fact that the special treatment the EFC is receiving is not agreeable with the position on the RFC.

Afl punish clubs who act like that

Do this, we will live in the Sunday twilight slot, and have 7 interstate away games

The afl is that petty

128.gif

He,s changing his name to Micheal Essendon?
First sign of side effect from Peptide abuse?

The * you talking about campaigner? We use English on this board. Try it some time. :$

Do this, we will live in the Sunday twilight slot, and have 7 interstate away games

The afl is that petty
Maybe then they should dope the players up so the AFL will have their best interest at heart. :)

I understand that is how the AFL like to play the game. However if the AFL threatened that on the Club then with this sort of action, I would politely remind the AFL about a number of journo's who are not afraid to speak out about the AFL and are still disgusted at the Essendon saga. That they might appreciate a story about the AFL tweaking H/A fixtures for business matters such as these and that it's a PR battle the AFL won't win with the public.

There has to come a time when the Clubs let the AFL know that they may still bend them over, but don't expect the Clubs to look back over their shoulder and smile whilst it's going on anymore.

Last edited:
the drugs have taken over his brain. he'll never make a good decision again

hope hirdy is happy

Maybe then they should dope the players up so the AFL will have their best interest in heart. :)

UI understand that is how the AFL like to play the game. However if the AFL threatened that on the Club then with this sort of action, I would politely remind the AFL about a number of journo's who are not afraid to speak out about the AFL and are still disgusted at the Essendon saga. That they might appreciate a story about the AFL tweaking H/A fixtures for business matters such as these and that it's a PR battle the AFL won't win with the public.

There has to come a time when the Clubs let the AFL know that they may still bend them over, but don't expect the Clubs to look back over their shoulder and smile whilst it's going on anymore.

The media that went hard for the most part were the non afl accredited media

Journos need their accreditation for access, and most will only push things so far in order not to risk that

There were no hard questions about the afl involvement in the investigation, the negotiated settlement, the current top up arrangement, and the current compo discussions. Don't even ask about bock and GC, the dees referrals, the drink wrap supplied Geelong, and the 12 non efc players the acc saw at danks clinic

Big stories, nearly everyone walked away as quickly as they could.

Just like why Melbourne was found guilty of not tanking, you don't question the afl - you just report what they tell you

If the AFL phone up with a please explain, then the RFC should simply reply with our interests are with what's best for the Richmond Football Club and not Essendon. We have broken no rules or regulations so therefore your involvement is not warranted or required and we would appreciate that we be left to run the Club as we see fit. Whilst at the same time make reference to the fact that the special treatment the EFC is receiving is not agreeable with the position of the RFC.

That would take someone with balls, the benny gale I met didn't come across as that type of person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media that went hard for the most part were the non afl accredited media

Journos need their accreditation for access, and most will only push things so far in order not to risk that

There were no hard questions about the afl involvement in the investigation, the negotiated settlement, the current top up arrangement, and the current compo discussions. Don't even ask about bock and GC, the dees referrals, the drink wrap supplied Geelong, and the 12 non efc players the acc saw at danks clinic

Big stories, nearly everyone walked away as quickly as they could.

Just like why Melbourne was found guilty of not tanking, you don't question the afl - you just report what they tell you
All very true, however what did leak out beyond the Melbourne Brotherhood of The Truth Is What We Make It. Showed that the AFL do not control as much as they would like, the AFL shrunk like scared puppies when Dr Reid's medico mates came a calling.

I should point out I am speaking in the hypothetical of what I want to happen, not what I expect will happen.

All very true, however what did leak out beyond the Melbourne Brotherhood of The Truth Is What We Make It. Showed that the AFL do not control as much as they would like, the AFL shrunk like scared puppies when Dr Reid's medico mates came a calling.

I should point out I am speaking in the hypothetical of what I want to happen, not what I expect will happen.

I get it. I still want a full and independent audit of all clubs supplement use, and an arms length body to manage ped/drug incidents in the afl. Not holding my breathe....

I get it. I still want a full and independent audit of all clubs supplement use, and an arms length body to manage ped/drug incidents in the afl. Not holding my breathe....

Not in this country

Not in this country

I do wonder if all this talk from many Club Officials about how WADA doesn't suit the AFL despite WADA being the Governing Body across a number of Team Sports. Is less about their stupidity and more about the fear of stored frozen samples.

I do wonder if all this talk from many Club Officials about how WADA doesn't suit the AFL despite WADA being the Governing Body across a number of Team Sports. Is less about their stupidity and more about the fear of stored frozen samples.

I'm less conspiracy theory on this point

They are used to a world where players just do whatever the * the clubs tell them without question. Notion of players going "wait a moment..." Is foreign to them

Easy solution though

We agree to leave wada and have our own system which acknowledges players don't have a say. However the board, all senior execs, and all staff in the medical team will be banned from any afl affiliated comp (inc as a spectator) for four years for every individual positive test or finding, with all sanctions incurred consecutively

What the clubs fall in love with wada then

I'm less conspiracy theory on this point

They are used to a world where players just do whatever the **** the clubs tell them without question. Notion of players going "wait a moment..." Is foreign to them

Easy solution though

We agree to leave wada and have our own system which acknowledges players don't have a say. However the board, all senior execs, and all staff in the medical team will be banned from any afl affiliated comp (inc as a spectator) for four years for every individual positive test or finding, with all sanctions incurred consecutively

What the clubs fall in love with wada then
Fine in theory, however the AFL have already shown if the rug is big enough anything can be swept under it. I doubt principle will be put above profit on Drug Code violations with the AFL fully in charge.

I do agree however that the AFL and the Clubs are used too and prefer to have things taken care of in house. As I said The Brotherhood of "The Truth Is What We Say It Is".

The afl is that petty

I came in to post the exact same thing. If we try to * Essendon over you just know we'll end up with two matches against Sydney, GWS, Geelong, North and West Coast and away games against both Adelaide teams.

I came in to post the exact same thing. If we try to **** Essendon over you just know we'll end up with two matches against Sydney, GWS, Geelong, North and West Coast and away games against both Adelaide teams.

I was about to post the same thing too...if we do try and f**k the bummers we jsut know we will end up playing The Suns on the GC and Lions in Brisbane...*, yeah get it done tiges i miss grabbing a game of footy along with sun and surf ;)

I was about to post the same thing too...if we do try and f**k the bummers we jsut know we will end up playing The Suns on the GC and Lions in Brisbane...****, yeah get it done tiges i miss grabbing a game of footy along with sun and surf ;)

That's a good thing though. We have to play at least 4-6 games outside of Vic each year. If we're getting Gold Coast and Brisbane away, it means we're getting a couple of competitive non-Vic teams at home.

I'd rather play:

Brisbane, Gold Coast, Fremantle, Port Adelaide away
Sydney, Adelaide, West Coast, GWS at home

than:

Sydney, Adelaide, West Coast, GWS away
Brisbane, Gold Coast, Fremantle, Port Adelaide at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back