SEN News : Josh Carr Deal Is Imminent

Remove this Banner Ad

Porthos said:
That would be a truly stupid trade from Port. Clearly overpaying both Geelong and Brisbane, and not getting enough from Freo.
I agree with you but it was a really strong rumour last night. I guess we will know tommorrow. I would honestly expect some balancing from Freo and Geelong way.

However, one thing is certain and that is that Port will do the deal and they will not get Schammer or Pavlich.

Not particularly, no. Certainly not at the cost of a first round pick.

phatandphreaky said:
What's changed? This time last year you were very keen.
Unamazing games from Enright when I expected a break-out year. A premiership. Us already re-signing a bunch of secondary midfielders.

Enright had Jaw and Elbowshoulder injury this year so missed abit of season, Can play a bit and while not as good as Carr is a handy addition. Would not wish to see him go as is reasonable HBF or on ball with a good boot

Porthos said:
Unamazing games from Enright when I expected a break-out year.

The bloke broke a bone in his arm, missed plenty of weeks, then broke his jaw.

Can't contribute from the stands unfortunately.

port could get a better deal for pick11 IMO. i cant believe port would accept 2 second stringers for carr after demanding a quality trade.

DirtyDogTiger said:
11 isn't a top 10 pick. add 4th rounder/player
Richmond will not get pick inside top 10. Collingwood are the only club that would trade their pick but their asking price is ridicilously high.

Tell me what woudl Richmond rather get when the deadline approaches, Picks 11 and 16 or nothing??????

Now that Simmonds has walked Richmond's bargaining power has gone out the window unless they can do a trade with Freo. Even then they wouldn't get a better trade for Ottens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theorangeapple said:
port could get a better deal for pick11 IMO. i cant believe port would accept 2 second stringers for carr after demanding a quality trade.

It is almost as though Port's ideology is that so long as Freo pay big (ie two good draft picks), they don't care who they end up with, just so long as Freo pay a fair price. Nuts. If the same players were involved and Freo only gave lesser picks (because Port could still get the same players with them), port would say no because Freo get out cheaply even though it makes no difference to Port!

DirtyDogTiger said:
11 isn't a top 10 pick. add 4th rounder/player
No point picking up a benchwarmer, i think 11 and 16 would be fine. Still get a decent ruckman with 11. I cant see us using every pick we have anyway, when we have no.1 in the PSD.

funkyfreo said:
It is almost as though Port's ideology is that so long as Freo pay big (ie two good draft picks), they don't care who they end up with, just so long as Freo pay a fair price. Nuts. If the same players were involved and Freo only gave lesser picks (because Port could still get the same players with them), port would say no because Freo get out cheaply even though it makes no difference to Port!
You're not really paranoid - we all just think you are :rolleyes:

DirtyDogTiger said:
not one of your favourites is he?
You could probably select him with pick #429 (four hundred and twenty nine) in the National Draft. Will be delisted and wont be playing AFL anywhere next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back