National SEN not allowed to broadcast in WA

buzzbuzz

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do I have a right to watch gambling ads on tv? Seeing how I paid for the tv, the house it sits in and the electricity needed to watch it? If yes

No. That's not how rights work. SEN could decide of their own free will to stop broadcasting their digital signal to WA and you'd just have to cop it. It's a free radio station, you don't have any rights to it. Having said that, I'm sure they'll work something out.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
No. That's not how rights work. SEN could decide of their own free will to stop broadcasting their digital signal to WA and you'd just have to cop it. It's a free radio station, you don't have any rights to it. Having said that, I'm sure they'll work something out.

Maybe, but no one or body should have the right to just yank it away because gambling advertising. That **** don't fly with the man on the street.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Ok If I am correct it seems that 1377+ is a mirror of 1116 without gambling ads. Listening to it yesterday streaming on a mine site 1000 clicks from Perth whenever there was an ad break there was some ads and then nothing and then after about 15 to 30 seconds another ad............... maybe because of the remote location or maybe because sen are blanking the gambling ads.

Either either seems 1377+ is a mirrored version. Sen saves the wa government from public embarrassment (at least in this case)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Couldn't GAF if they are, snide bastards tried to take away my right to something because people can't help themselves, nah f*** em

How ******* entitled are you?

You don't have a "right" to any form of (free!) media if you're outside of market. Even inside the market your right only exists as long as it's profitable or its owners are prepared to take a loss.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
How ******* entitled are you?

You don't have a "right" to any form of (free!) media if you're outside of market. Even inside the market your right only exists as long as it's profitable or its owners are prepared to take a loss.

Excuse me? Who the f*** are you to tell me I don't have rights to things that others do? Entitled? Oh puhlease! get out of the school yard mate your an embarrassment to yourself.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Excuse me? Who the f*** are you to tell me I don't have rights to things that others do? Entitled? Oh puhlease! get out of the school yard mate your an embarrassment to yourself.

Don't confuse the ability to do something with the right to do something. With the internet you have the ability to listen to it.

The internet also gives you the ability to pirate sport, to buy weapons, to look at all sorts of depraved stuff online - it doesn't give you a right.

Also, if you're going to claim that someone else is "in a school yard embarrassing themselves", you should learn how to spell. It ain't me who needs to go back to school ;)

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Don't confuse the ability to do something with the right to do something. With the internet you have the ability to listen to it.

The internet also gives you the ability to pirate sport, to buy weapons, to look at all sorts of depraved stuff online - it doesn't give you a right.

Also, if you're going to claim that someone else is "in a school yard embarrassing themselves", you should learn how to spell. It ain't me who needs to go back to school ;)

Ok then you're bringing it down to terminology now, right or ability it makes no difference. I had the ability to listen to it then didn't on the back of the government taking away that ability because some people can't be responsible for themselves. Whether or not they have the right to do so is irrelevant it is wrong to do so.

Also there is nothing incorrect in my spelling :

Maybe you should stay in the classroom;)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006

FirstAccount

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Uh no, it's clear from the emails it is a wa government issue trying to protect people from themselves - feebly at that.
If the gambling companies themselves fail to come together and self-regulate, then state governments should in act legislation.

How do you know it’s not something reasonable like limiting gambling ads per hour or properly labelling paid gambling advertising?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
If the gambling companies themselves fail to come together and self-regulate, then state governments should in act legislation.

How do you know it’s not something reasonable like limiting gambling ads per hour or properly labelling paid gambling advertising?

That's not my problem! Further it's disingenuous to disallow broadcasting of a radio station because people can't take self responsibility while gambling ads are still plastered all over the tv here.

Disabling broadcasting of a radio station while allowing free to air tv stations to advertise gambling is a hiding to nothing.

FirstAccount

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's not my problem! Further it's disingenuous to disallow broadcasting of a radio station because people can't take self responsibility while gambling ads are still plastered all over the tv here.

Disabling broadcasting of a radio station while allowing free to air tv stations to advertise gambling is a hiding to nothing.
Wait, so WA shouldn’t try to improve its laws around gambling and advertising?

Are you sure you can’t just stream from the website? No one in the government is ‘disabling’ the stream and I doubt they restrict it based on IP address.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Wait, so WA shouldn’t try to improve its laws around gambling and advertising?

Are you sure you can’t just stream from the website? No one in the government is ‘disabling’ the stream and I doubt they restrict it based on IP address.

The wa government isn't improving it when they allow ads all over free to air tv yet disallows the streaming of a radio station because of wagering advertising laws - that's the height of hypocrisy.

Have a look at the op, the email from croc media explains the reason.

Are you for real? You couldn't see your stupid failure to write English even after it was pointed out to you - or are you just being obtuse?

Pretty embarrassing.

“Rights” to stream a radio station, lol

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
Ok disagree with the dictionary, no issue for me. Regardless the point still stands and stands not for debate.

How do you disagree with a dictionary you moron?

And your point does not stand - you don't have a "right" to listen to an interstate radio station.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
How do you disagree with a dictionary you moron?

And your point does not stand - you don't have a "right" to listen to an interstate radio station.

Ok Nobby calm down, I'm not the one disagreeing with the dictionary - you are.

As far as the subject at hand whether you call it right, ability whatever the fact is it was available then it wasn't because wagering advertising laws.

That s*** don't fly with the person on the street, I don't have a gambling problem and I shouldn't have to give up listening to it for the sake of people that can't help themselves.

Furthermore it is glaringly hypocritical that gambling ads are still plastered all over the tv yet I can't stream SEN because of wagering advertising laws.

Back