Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

The wonderful Matt granland on Macquarie sports radio now. Just a pro.
Mario from Doncaster just called in. Said mccartin is a bust.

Scott Lucas (his manager) said during pre season the media wrote articles about how bad the no 1 pick is and release it around round 5 if he’s struggling. Ok then.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Secondly, his feud with Mark Robinson- he may very well have good reason to dislike Robbo, but he often brings it up, and particularly since Robbo was fired from SEN, its feels very much like he's dancing on his grave- it comes across as petty, unprofessional and mean-spirited.

This is one of my biggest issues with a lot of the so called media personalities.

Your job, that you are paid to do, is to commentate on sport and other relevant news.

Spending your time bagging other rival so called media personalities is not your job. So please don't try to make the news about yourself.

Pickers would have to be the worst with this and Damian Barrett is another big culprit of this too.

This is one of my biggest issues with a lot of the so called media personalities.

Your job, that you are paid to do, is to commentate on sport and other relevant news.

Spending your time bagging other rival so called media personalities is not your job. So please don't try to make the news about yourself.

Pickers would have to be the worst with this and Damian Barrett is another big culprit of this too.
Pickers has a segment on the weeks media, don't listen to Barrett so have no idea about him.

Radar waffles like not many others. The amount of times ge goes off a tangent when asking a question does my head in.

I flick between the two stations, and he lost me today when he got the giggles as if he'd been smoking the heavy stuff prior to starting his shift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I flick between the two stations, and he lost me today when he got the giggles as if he'd been smoking the heavy stuff prior to starting his shift.
At times Radar is unbearable to listen to. He really needs to listen to himself back.

It’s in your contract if you work at triple m. Have to bag the opposition all the time. Caro does it more than anyone. Barrett repeats everyone’s scoops so I don’t know why he bags them

Danny Frawleys men’s health and addiction show that was on Sunday mornings over summer will now be restarting and will be on Monday nights between 9-10pm during Heverins show

Same time as was on Fineys old Monday night line up

Secondly, his feud with Mark Robinson- he may very well have good reason to dislike Robbo, but he often brings it up, and particularly since Robbo was fired from SEN, its feels very much like he's dancing on his grave- it comes across as petty, unprofessional and mean-spirited.
It probably is a bit childish and undignified, but it's part of Off The Bench's schtick. Also, Slobbo's reporting of Pickers' court case vs Jason Sourasis was so biased (because Robbo is a friend of Sourasis) that the Australian Press Council found that he breached some of their General Principles regarding fair, balanced and accurate reporting. So, Pickering has good reason not to like the fat bogan

http://www.presscouncil.org.au/document-search/adj-1699/ scroll down for the full text.

'Robinson.....failed to take reasonable steps to ensure the article was accurate and not misleading in this respect.....

The Council also considers the article implied the complainant had suffered a significant defeat, and did not refer to serious adverse findings made by the Court against his former partner, or its conclusion that “both parties have won and lost”.

While the article did note one of the aspects on which the complainant’s counterclaim for oppression was upheld, the Council considers that this was not sufficient to ensure fairness and balance

Accordingly, the Council concludes that the publication failed to take reasonable steps to ensure fairness and balance in this respect.

As the material was also presented without reasonable fairness and balance in breach of General Principle 3, the publication was obliged under General Principle 4 to take reasonable steps to give the complainant a fair opportunity for a reply if reasonably necessary to address the breach. In this case, the publication eventually offered to publish a “succinct letter” from the complainant. However, given the number and complexity of the issues, as well as the delay involved, the Council concludes that this offer did not amount to a fair and timely opportunity for a response. Accordingly, this aspect of the complaint is also upheld'

etc:

Last edited:
From the month or so from listening. Julian King has it all over SEN at nights. It's not a contest. For those of you who know of Scott Ferrall over on American sports radio? I think this guy has the potential to be like him. That's a good thing for those of you who don't know.

Agreed - from the little I've heard, King sounds pretty decent. That Billy McGee guy he has on seems pretty good as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back