Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Filthy today as a radio listener. It was bad enough MSR broadcasted the women's cricket, so I settled on SEN. But then I thought it'd been a while since I listened to ABC after Jon Faine, so I thought I'd give something new a go. But then they were broadcasting women's cricket in their analogue service! That was so disappointing. Women's cricket doesn't have that clout, but is given a free run.

For a guy who's not interested in racing, Finey brought up racing on both his stints tis week.

The first time, he was recalling the pattern of viewing sport throughout the year when he was young, footy finishing then moving onto cricket. He'd referred to what I think he said was a "s**t part", that being this little period we're experiencing. But more to the point, that the s**t part was Bathurst.

I get initially offended "fu** you, campaigner!. But then he mentioned that he used to watch it (and I think possibly all of it?). At that point I went "fair enough if he thought it was s**t. Bathurst is a pretty tough watch. I'd imagine especially back then when there was a greater disparity in performance of the cars, and no rules designed to keep artificially close. Even with someone like me as a kid, I think I first watched Bathurst in full the 5th time I watched it.

The other thing was the question he posed to Kevin Hillier on Thursday. What would you much rather be, a Formula 1 or welterweight champions? He was meaning live/trade off being. Like with Adam Sandler in Click, you press fast forward and you're suddenly presented with the World Champion trophy. He was saying that on the day, he'd much rather receive the boxing belt, but live off being and F1 champ thereafter.

I understood that. Sometimes I reckon trading/living off a success is better than accomplishing the success. Although I was kind of curious as to why he picked being a welterweight champ? Formula 1 is the boxing equivalent of Heavyweight.

I read the first line and thought you meant horse racing :p

Can't stand car racing myself, don't enjoy the sound of blowflies ;), but each to their own.

anyone know what time the kevin hillier show is on rsn? and it is puntucated with horse racing or is that all over by then. asking for a friend..

anyone know what time the kevin hillier show is on rsn? and it is puntucated with horse racing or is that all over by then. asking for a friend..

Starts at 11.00pm and there are only a few overseas races that they broadcast.

Does overnights starting 11pm, goes until about 5-6am (not sure, never awake then)....I sometimes switch over from SEN. Did so tonight and Mr Fine was on.

Seems to be a gathering of the old SEN crew. They have Marko and Ox, Hillier, Rohan Connelly, Fine, Harford......any others?

Does overnights starting 11pm, goes until about 5-6am (not sure, never awake then)....I sometimes switch over from SEN. Did so tonight and Mr Fine was on.

Seems to be a gathering of the old SEN crew. They have Marko and Ox, Hillier, Rohan Connelly, Fine, Harford......any others?

Marko and Ox are not on RSN, they are on Macquarie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marko and Ox are not on RSN, they are on Macquarie

😕.....well there you go, they're all the same to me as I don't listen to those stations...... except late at night I might turn over to 927.

So what number is Macquarie?

You learn something every day......and you are never too old to learn;)

Last edited:
😕.....well there you go, they're all the same to me as I don't listen to those stations...... except late at night I might turn over to 927.

So what number is Macquarie?

You learn something every day......and you are never too old to learn;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back