Remove this Banner Ad

Altum Volantes

92 - 94 - 06 - 18
Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
What did Rex Hunt do? I missed it
Basically spat the dummy at his boss on air with a rant about how important his interview with Dipper (of all people..) was and how throwing to an advert would have gone against what 3AW stands for….with a little bit of self reference to his own importance thrown in.

Sort of thing that gets an old coot fired…

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I only just found out about it, he was interviewing Dippa and went overtime and didn't cut to a break.
It sounds like the Program Manager rang up and had a go at the Producer and then Rex had a go at the Program Manager live on air.
Basically spat the dummy at his boss on air with a rant about how important his interview with Dipper (of all people..) was and how throwing to an advert would have gone against what 3AW stands for….with a little bit of self reference to his own importance thrown in.
Sort of thing that gets an old coot fired…
Thanks. i found it. There are a couple of ads first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
That pest caller on SEN from about five, six years back - John from St Kilda who wants the Bulldogs to change back to "Footscray" has returned on AW this year, in particular Saturdays. As well as the Bulldogs line, he has a new bugbear, giving Mark Williams and Ross Lyon another senior job, he is clearly a troll and might be crazy in the coconut. Each week they let him on, and, despite him saying the same old crap with a finger holding his nose to disguise his voice, no-one picks him up it: until today. John gets on about Williams, and Caro goes "oh it's the Choco Williams caller..." Finally he has been outed I thought. Maybe 15 minutes later he is on again with another name, going on about Lyon and Carlton...Caro doesn't twig...and awards him the de Bortoli wine!!!

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another tech disaster on Sports Today just now...they had a song playing over an ad. break, smothering the commercials...so as make-goods, they have had to do ridiculously short segments - about one minute - before going back to ad. breaks

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This is a perfect example of the 2nd-hour stuff-ups on 3AW's Sportsday. :grinv1:
Off-air stuff goes to air, and it ain't rare. This was broadcast last night on the regional affiliates. Yeah yeah, big deal, but's it amuses me, and one day they'll air something 'nasstee' :laughv1:

After 10 seconds:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad