Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Pickers mention to Hutchy and him buying SEN and then Hutchy made a comment saying "That a older member of staff(mention the age which matches KB) is wanting a 8 or 9 year contact and wanted to know what the future of SEN going to be". he did not name the person. I thought that was strange that he came out with the comment and it has a bit of venom on his comment.

So I am thinking that this might be true are reading some the last post.
I heard the same thing and thought he was talking about KB also. Certainly seemed spiteful the way he said it.

oz1235

Cancelled
Jan 13, 2012
Tatura
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tatura
I heard the same thing and thought he was talking about KB also. Certainly seemed spiteful the way he said it.

Yes, I think to air that dirty laundry on Radio all around Australia to a loyal employee of the station is disgracefull but I have heard that all 3(Hutchy,Pickers and Dr Turf) are not very nice off the air as well.

There is a big difference. Macqaurie Sport Radio was like SEN before SEN got the Right to the Footy. They talked all different sport then AFL footy right and then bowed down to the AFL.

I love listening to the Macquire Sports more than AFL because they talk about anything sports and people who listen are educated on the topic. Not talking about one sport for 55 minutes and the 5mins of 2 sports.

mike sheehan is adamant the afl has never had a financial interest in the station, nor told sen what to do.

to a degree i believe this. sen because of the rights do pander to the afl, but not on the afl directive. SEN are just doing what will keep them in a job.

Funny reading about this, I was listening to Triple M Goulburn Valley and 10am onwards on a saturday we get off the bench.

Hutchy and Pickers were talking about going gun ho into Things regarding strange things you done on your first week of a new job. Pickers mention to Hutchy and him buying SEN and then Hutchy made a comment saying "That a older member of staff(mention the age which matches KB) is wanting a 8 or 9 year contact and wanted to know what the future of SEN going to be". he did not name the person. I thought that was strange that he came out with the comment and it has a bit of venom on his comment.

I havent heard it so will reserve judgement until i do

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe KB is annoyed at how Hutchy went through the joint with a bulldozer. I get the impression KB is an old fashioned, loyal type. I also get the impression he's an early riser who preferred starting at 9am.

KB's got form asking for really long contracts. :D Apparently, many, many years ago, he went into the the boss's office at Richmond, and demanded: "I want an $80,000, ten-year contract, and I promise I'll never ask for any more!" They knocked him back, and I think he ended up with much more money down the track

I can't remember the details. Is it in his book? Has he got a book? :p

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Funny reading about this, I was listening to Triple M Goulburn Valley and 10am onwards on a saturday we get off the bench.

Hutchy and Pickers were talking about going gun ho into Things regarding strange things you done on your first week of a new job. Pickers mention to Hutchy and him buying SEN and then Hutchy made a comment saying "That a older member of staff(mention the age which matches KB) is wanting a 8 or 9 year contact and wanted to know what the future of SEN going to be". he did not name the person. I thought that was strange that he came out with the comment and it has a bit of venom on his comment.

Let's hope so. The sooner they move Bartlett out of the place the better. Can't stand his egotistical, patronising manner, turning every single segment into some faux-nostalgic listener poll, and treating all of his listeners as if they're still members of the Kellogg's Junior Supporters Club. I was never a massive fan of the Schwartz/Allen on-air partnership, but since Bartlett's gone into the drive-home shift, the quality of talk radio and listener input has declined dramatically. He's a dinosaur who adds nothing to the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope so. The sooner they move Bartlett out of the place the better. Can't stand his egotistical, patronising manner, turning every single segment into some faux-nostalgic listener poll, and treating all of his listeners as if they're still members of the Kellogg's Junior Supporters Club. I was never a massive fan of the Schwartz/Allen on-air partnership, but since Bartlett's gone into the drive-home shift, the quality of talk radio and listener input has declined dramatically. He's a dinosaur who adds nothing to the conversation.

I admit he does rehash stories, and use the same lingo, slang and anecdotes.

bonddm

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I admit he does rehash stories, and use the same lingo, slang and anecdotes.
If he said yesterday that Lady Ga Ga is the best ever stage name, he said it 75,063 times!
Their entire show yesterday seemed to consist of old blokes ringing up about the new “A Star is Born” film!
Made a note to self to not even contemplate going to see it!

If he said yesterday that Lady Ga Ga is the best ever stage name, he said it 75,063 times!
Their entire show yesterday seemed to consist of old blokes ringing up about the new “A Star is Born” film!
Made a note to self to not even contemplate going to see it!

The nrl player with the coolest name cooper cronk

Quick comparison at random time this morning:

6.45-7.10 (excl news)

RSN - chat with american about nfl
MSR - aussie baseballer liam hendricks, horseys
SEN - afl quiz run by dal santo, dal santo lists his top defenses in the afl. Says Melbourne up there, jordan lewis "had a poor game except that prelim weekend" :drunk:

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
And everytime they do i switch to Macquarie. A bit over 2 more weeks and the focus will be off the horses!

I don’t mind them talking about horse racing but when it’s been solely about Winx it’s gets boring

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Something I didn't mention yesterday after Marko and Ox were talking about transgender athletes. Us keyboard warriors on here have to back track on criticising Marko on his lack of knowledge outside golf.

"A 2kg win in weightlifting is like a 6 goal win (In footy)."

I did not know that Marko. Thanks for increasing my understanding of weightlifting.

Something I didn't mention yesterday after Marko and Ox were talking about transgender athletes. Us keyboard warriors on here have to back track on criticising Marko on his lack of knowledge outside golf.

"A 2kg win in weightlifting is like a 6 goal win (In footy)."

I did not know that Marko. Thanks for increasing my understanding of weightlifting.
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back