Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely given up on SEN.
Gone back to listening to FM, or nothing at all.

Yep. It's no longer in my car presets. I was really excited when Whateley came on board, cos I really liked him - but I think he's proof (inasmuch as we can ever "prove" it) that SEN staff have a directive to not be too hard on the AFL. Whateley of 2 years ago doesn't rail against criticism of AFLX Allstars by saying it's a bit of fun, he would've been critical of AFLX players being paid more for 1 night than a whole AFLW team receives for a season, or about the amount of money being spent on a gimmick while footy in Tassie and in the country is dying.

That was it for me. It was probably the case pre-Hutchy, but it'd never been as obvious as it is now. The Whateley example is the obvious one, but it's clear listening to Lyon and Watson as well.

So I'm back to being the old bastard who listens to Triple J in the car whinging about the lack of guitars cos, even though I'm outside the age demographic, there just isn't an analogue radio option that grabs me.

Even mcclure admitted he has struggling to think about things to talk about. Which is an indictment on perhaps not the station, but he as a journalist and host.

Summer sports will take most of the bandwidth and rightly so. Tennis has its two weeks too
Especially when Manure is only on for an hour.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Yep. It's no longer in my car presets. I was really excited when Whateley came on board, cos I really liked him - but I think he's proof (inasmuch as we can ever "prove" it) that SEN staff have a directive to not be too hard on the AFL. Whateley of 2 years ago doesn't rail against criticism of AFLX Allstars by saying it's a bit of fun, he would've been critical of AFLX players being paid more for 1 night than a whole AFLW team receives for a season, or about the amount of money being spent on a gimmick while footy in Tassie and in the country is dying.

That was it for me. It was probably the case pre-Hutchy, but it'd never been as obvious as it is now. The Whateley example is the obvious one, but it's clear listening to Lyon and Watson as well.

So I'm back to being the old bastard who listens to Triple J in the car whinging about the lack of guitars cos, even though I'm outside the age demographic, there just isn't an analogue radio option that grabs me.

my face bit about aflx was that its plahyed on a rectangular ground so as to appeal to overseas, where they play on such a field. Then when people saw through that, the narritive changed to "oh its not meant for adults, its for kids, targetting kids".

really?

I am pretty much done with Macquarie Sports Radio.
It will die in Melbourne as well I reckon.
In and out of the car the last day or two and especially today with the AFL season about to start they just continually talk rugby.
Even Ox & Marko on the rare occasions I can tune in are trying to talk rugby and they couldn't fill the back of a postage stamp with their rugby knowledge.
I know the dismal ratings improved recently but I cannot honestly see them getting any better here in Melbourne.

I am pretty much done with Macquarie Sports Radio.
It will die in Melbourne as well I reckon.
In and out of the car the last day or two and especially today with the AFL season about to start they just continually talk rugby.
Even Ox & Marko on the rare occasions I can tune in are trying to talk rugby and they couldn't fill the back of a postage stamp with their rugby knowledge.
I know the dismal ratings improved recently but I cannot honestly see them getting any better here in Melbourne.

rugby league right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel that the difference between SEN and MSR reflects the chasm between the relationship of vic and nsw football codes and alcohol.

A session listening to MSR breakfast show you will hear countless references to drinking alcohol and parties.

SEN, very little if any.

MSR is what SEN used to be with bill brownless was on. Every question related to grog.

I am stoked that Goddard is on RSN mornings. I get to listen to him turn every conversation into something about himself. Need to have a game about how many times he can say 'I say what I want and I don't care what people think about me'

God he is as big a w***er in the media as he was on the footy field

The good thing about MSR being slanted towards Sydney/Brisbane is that good time will be given when there's a worthwhile story that can be of interest in Melbourne.

Greg Inglis retires, and his press conference gets a good run. You can hear his thoughts on his career and what it means to him. ON SEN, there's was some acknowledgement with a token nrl commentator a couple of day later.

The good thing about MSR being slanted towards Sydney/Brisbane is that good time will be given when there's a worthwhile story that can be of interest in Melbourne.

Greg Inglis retires, and his press conference gets a good run. You can hear his thoughts on his career and what it means to him. ON SEN, there's was some acknowledgement with a token nrl commentator a couple of day later.
Good couldn't give a stuff about it.

It does show what an ordinary sports fan you are. Greg Inglis is one of the premier rugby league players. Even if you're not into rugby league, a cerebral fan could appreciate what a big day his retirement is and his press conference would warrant air time.

But inward "fans" stuck in the 70s say "Good couldn't give a stuff about it".

derp.

If the fools who lived in Albert Park didn't take it for granted and let it turn into a s**t heap, maybe the Grand Prix wouldn't be there and Kennett/Walker would look at another venue that could do with investment?

Back in my day, footballers had a full time job. Barry Round fixed the plumbing at nan's house once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back