Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

I had never heard of Rex Hunt's intereview with Ox. But the thing I picked up on was that Ox was "gambling buddies" with Hutchy. When Ox made the effort to stop gambling, he also let go of his "mates". He hadn't spoke to Hutchy for 12 years prior to SEN being bought.
Probably a good idea on Ox's behalf.

Hutchy was known for regularly sitting in the TAB in Richmond just putting pineapples into the TAB computer

Probably not the kind of person you want to hang out with/talk to after you have lost everything gambling

Jan 30, 2004
bentleigh
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
I had never heard of Rex Hunt's intereview with Ox. But the thing I picked up on was that Ox was "gambling buddies" with Hutchy. When Ox made the effort to stop gambling, he also let go of his "mates". He hadn't spoke to Hutchy for 12 years prior to SEN being bought.

Wow! I didn’t realise that Hutchy was a gambler. I really can’t think of a sport that Hutchy appears to know enough about to make gambling on it a good idea.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ben Dixon isn't too bad with Gerard Healy on 3aw . It looks like he'll be doing some fill-in co-hosting this year.
Sure, he's a bit of a bogan, and a sounds like a classic product of the insular AFL system, :D but he's a bit loose and doens't give a fa'rk

Last edited:

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The current arvo SEN show with Robert Murphy and Andrew Maher is the only one I haven't listened to since the start of the station. I'll probably listen to certain bits during the footy season. I've been listened to Tom Elliot!! Hmm. That Tony Tardio newsreader dude comes across as a "confident" man. :D
Ok, I reckon he thinks his sh1t doesn't stink. :p

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'll definitely miss the 3aw cricket if they don't do it next season. Maybe do they'll do what they did previously, which was broadcast on either their main station or digital, or switch between the 2, depending how "important" the game is

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its golf season and the guests theyve had on have been relevant.

besides afl wise nothing to talk about

Think it’s disproportionate to the level of interest, maybe their current main listening demographic are fairly into golf but not doing anything to attract a new younger audience to RSN and by extension racing.

Back