Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if it had survived till now, this sports shutdown would have killed off Macquarie Sports anyway.

And SEN is in massive trouble; would be surprised if it survived if this shutdown goes on for most of the year as appears the case.

Even if it had survived till now, this sports shutdown would have killed off Macquarie Sports anyway.

And SEN is in massive trouble; would be surprised if it survived if this shutdown goes on for most of the year as appears the case.
Seems like there will be massive job losses at that outfit.

Not their fault but it won't make for great listening during this period

Hutchy adamant SEN will go on.

I'm pleased that KB is on 3AW. I saw him at the OB before the Grand Final and suspected he might end up there. He was really down when they asked him about being out of work. I know he has his critics here but I enjoy listening to him and he tries to inform himself beyond footy unlike other ex-players turned presenters. If/when we get footy back, will Tim Lane move to every Friday night, in addition to his usual Saturday slot?

SEN have put off all the contributors I think. I am sure the regular commentators would have to consider pay cuts as well.
A lot of advertisers would be dropping off for obvious reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why SEN are doing SEN Track.
They can't call the actual race, so they just talk about it as the racing is going on.

If someone wants to listen to a race, they'll listen to RSN.
Yeah I know but it is unusual radio hearing broadcasters barracking during a horse race. But I have never heard someone who sounds like he wants to be on radio less than O'Donnell does, like he is being held captive....appears to be a bit of tension between he and Taggart too

Hutchy adamant SEN will go on.

I'm pleased that KB is on 3AW. I saw him at the OB before the Grand Final and suspected he might end up there. He was really down when they asked him about being out of work. I know he has his critics here but I enjoy listening to him and he tries to inform himself beyond footy unlike other ex-players turned presenters. If/when we get footy back, will Tim Lane move to every Friday night, in addition to his usual Saturday slot?
KB was good on the 9-12pm slot, hell he might even be pretty decent on the 12-3 slot but on the drive home he just doesn't fit the bill imo

Not their fault but it won't make for great listening during this period
There are too many stations covering footy, take Anzac Day match. To have how ever many stations covering 1 match is non sensical and the same for cricket, ABC, Sen and the ex MSR is just silly. There aren’t enough listeners to warrant it.

Last edited:
What time is the Kevin Hillier show? Is it 11pm to midnight? Any idea if it's recorded live.
The show is on hiatus, according to his Twitter. Yes, it's usually live from 11 pm to after 12, but is interrupted by horse races.
In the mean time, it looks like he's doing some short podcast interviews.

Maybe not the thread but relevant. To give you an idea of the difference in cost bases for SEN and other talk stations compared to a music stations. Nine are launching their music stations to replace Macquarie Sports Radio.

The guy doing their new breakfast show goes in one morning a week and does all the linkage and back announcing for the whole week in a couple of hours. A tech just puts it all together so it adds up to about a days work for one person. Smooth, Hit network, MMM do the same for some of their shows.

Compare that to all the stations that broadcast live all the time like SEN and 3AW and it's a huge difference in operating costs having announcers and Producers on deck.

Maybe not the thread but relevant. To give you an idea of the difference in cost bases for SEN and other talk stations compared to a music stations. Nine are launching their music stations to replace Macquarie Sports Radio.

The guy doing their new breakfast show goes in one morning a week and does all the linkage and back announcing for the whole week in a couple of hours. A tech just puts it all together so it adds up to about a days work for one person. Smooth, Hit network, MMM do the same for some of their shows.

Compare that to all the stations that broadcast live all the time like SEN and 3AW and it's a huge difference in operating costs having announcers and Producers on deck.
Absolutely relevant!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back