Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Marko and Ox shitting on Gus Gould expressing the opinion of Melbourne Storm's crap defence or whatever after the Storm let in letting in only one try last night.

I've looked up Gould's twitter and a few people called him out on it. He made the comment that he "saw opportunities", meaning that as a coach he could see weaknesses in Storm that less knowledgeable people can't see.

The great dave hussey on RSN this morning. Cohost asked nafan lyon, when you dave hussey bestowed the honour of singing under the southern Cross to lyon, did you think he'd reach 100 test matches?

Dave goes "that'd be my brother, i never played test cricket".

lawlza

The great dave hussey on RSN this morning. Cohost asked nafan lyon, when you dave hussey bestowed the honour of singing under the southern Cross to lyon, did you think he'd reach 100 test matches?

Dave goes "that'd be my brother, i never played test cricket".

lawlza
Trivia: Outside of India, David Hussey is the only batsman to average more than 54 at first class level without playing a test. Tell all ya friends :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Donna Demaio on Gold 104 to-day doing the news...she was a stalwart on AW for decades. They do tend to shop themselves around the newsreaders...last week I heard John Michael on Gold one day, then on SEN the next!!

John Michael, aka Michael Bric....aka big brother turkey slap.

Edit: ooops! I forgot to mention that the news was on for 6 or 7 minutes, then their song

Is it just me, or does Tim Lane like the sound of his own voice a bit too much? On Saturday arvos, it's not until about 11-past-12 that anyone esle gets a word in. :grinv1: I suppose he has to tell us everything that's coming up, but he does what I reckon the ABC teach those blokes, which is to draw out everything they say, to get the most hang-time, and if there's not enough words or syllables, chuck a few more in. Gerard Whateley is even worse at it

Last edited:
Does this thread cover the TripleM footy coverage?

Was listening to their pre-match today and they have on Ross Lyon. He is soooo funny :tearsofjoy: Not intentionally, just some of the things he says come out funny.

Today they had an interview with Devon Smith after the Bombers v Hawks match and Smith was saying they should have done things differently in the midfield and a few of them let the side down etc. They come back and are discussing his comments and Lyon says, "You know what, Dylan Shiel is a senior player if he knows they need to change things he needs to do it, no good talking about it after the match he needs to show some on field leadership and just do it". Howie says, " Except that was Devon Smith not Dylan Shiel who was talking". Lyon, "Was it?... Well Shiel needs to tell Smith to do it" :p:tearsofjoy:

Then he was talking about Kolodjashnij but he called him Kardashian :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

ABC seem to think we are interested in hearing that Bob from Western Australia is listening while on his combine harvester. This is something that annoys me no end during the cricket season and now it seems to be a part of their footy coverage as well.
Dave the trucky!!
Someone was sailing in Turkey tonight

Who said he was sacked
He did; well, more or less. He said he didn't want to retire and The Australian said he was "pushed out".

'Burns has revealed he was told to “toe the corporate line” that he was retiring. Burns said his contract wasn’t renewed with the station owned by Nine Entertainment; instead he was forced to leave and asked to publicly declare that he was in fact retiring of his own free will.
Burns has vowed he will never work at the radio station again and hasn’t listened to the show since he left.

“The situation is I didn’t really retire, I had no intention of the ‘r’ word, retirement,” Burns told The Australian. “They were terribly nice and I had this big send off, but on reflection, logically, I don’t know why they wanted me to end a successful 20 years on air. “Everyone I have spoken to, other people in the industry from ex-management to current people, have all said they cannot work it out.”

“I don’t want to fade away. I’m still alive,” Burns said from his home at Armadale in Melbourne’s inner southeast. “There have been murmurings from people in the media that there might be a future possibility on air … which I would take.”

Media veteran Steve Price, a close friend of Burns for more than 30 years, said “he’s too clever to not be on air”. “It was complete madness to make any change,” he said. “We haven’t heard the last of John Burns on radio in Australia. “We will probably hear him doing some stuff not just in Melbourne and it will probably be nationally.”

Burns turned 75 on July 30 last year and then finished up with 3AW the next day. “I don’t want anything to do with 3AW ever again,” Burns said.
“On reflection I was a bit put out and unhappy about the way it all finished up. “I woke up on the first of August and it was a feeling of emptiness, and ‘what was I going to do’.” Burns said station’s management told him after he finished up he would be offered a role as a contributor and fill-in host but that never eventuated. “I haven’t heard from them at all. I was going to knock it back anyway,” he said

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bu...s/news-story/2dd2f67767a5f560e4f8d010628a23c7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back