Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone catch 3AW yesterday?

Tony was asking questions to Cain Liddle, and brought up that Cain played the 4 games for Geelong in 94 then disappeared. He asked him what happened to him since then. Cain brought up that he was in the Pies rookie list while Shaw was caoch.

Shaw had nfi!

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
It seems as thought Sportday on 3aw has more betting spots now that Hutch-Blob has taken over. There were 2 tonight, just in the first hour; well, the second one was an ad for Country Racing Victoria, not betting directly. Blerk!

Never missed it when it was a two hour Sports Today on AW with Healy and Hookes. Since then it’s gone to an hour, has at least 30 mins of ads another 5 mins of advertorials and has been completely bastardised by Hutchison. Garbage.

Edit: ooops! I forgot to mention that the news was on for 6 or 7 minutes, then their song

Is it just me, or does Tim Lane like the sound of his own voice a bit too much? On Saturday arvos, it's not until about 11-past-12 that anyone esle gets a word in. :grinv1: I suppose he has to tell us everything that's coming up, but he does what I reckon the ABC teach those blokes, which is to draw out everything they say, to get the most hang-time, and if there's not enough words or syllables, chuck a few more in. Gerard Whateley is even worse at it
Having a go because they’re articulate?

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I really miss the 3AW pre games we used to get in Adelaide. We get virtually no pre or post game with AFL nation on Adelaide radio.
Afl national is awful. It's a shame 5aa isn't owned by the 9 network instead of Nova.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

I like harf but find his radio schtick alarming and cringeworthy. In conversations he'll throw in a comment said quickly and almost whispering tone. Kinda like when you are talking to someone and throw in a smart arse comment with one hand over your mouth, that you want others to hear but not really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just Jimmy

Debutant
Apr 26, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even though he 's a Carlton man, I enjoy listening to Mark McClure. Great insights and he comments without fear or favour.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
right wing ???
It is a pretty apolitical slot.. I have listened since the Dean Banks years and still wouldn't know Ross Stephenson's political persuasion....for instance, he's a lawyer yet I have never heard him bring up the famous "Dollar Sweets", which either side could do...On 774, Faine would reference it nearly every week with someone, still fighting the fight :(

pins and needles

Debutant
Oct 20, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
It is a pretty apolitical slot.. I have listened since the Dean Banks years and still wouldn't know Ross Stephenson's political persuasion....for instance, he's a lawyer yet I have never heard him bring up the famous "Dollar Sweets", which either side could do...On 774, Faine would reference it nearly every week with someone, still fighting the fight :(

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Great radio on AW. Matthews defending Eddie big-time, Lane and Wilson wobbling, the former resorting to quoting a Richard Hinds (!!) anti-McGuire Tweet :huh:

Yep. Brilliant radio. This is where 3aw benefits from having football and media legends on, rather than whatever douchebags may be on triple m or the abc

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Can you give a bit more on what Matthew’s said? Be good to hear.
It must be this bit, but there might be more on other bits of the show (I haven't heard it all). He said how good Eddie was for the club, and that he appointed most of the current board who then turned on him. He reckons that's enough to vote out the current board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back