SEN-Top 10 Tiger games 2010-2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2017 PF whilst not the best game I’ve ever been to is easily the most incredible atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at the footy. It was surreal.

The 2017 PF whilst not the best game I’ve ever been to is easily the most incredible atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at the footy. It was surreal.
It was. The roar when Lambo kicked the opening goal nearly raised the roof. I remember the boos when Geelong entered the arena for the QF, and I turned to my old man in awe and said, "Listen to that!" We probably had 75,000 of the 95,000 that night, but we had 90,000 of the 94,000 v GWS.

The 2017 QF was special, no doubt. Finals gorilla off the back, long-time nemesis vanquished, belief building. The Martin to Jack to Prestia goal instantly as iconic for a new generation as Royce's Mark. The 3/4-time roar shook the stands. It was 80,000 Richmond fans bellowing, "WE'VE GOT YOU, YOU campaignerS! You're not beating us tonight!" It was collective will and a singular message to our lads: "We believe in you. You've got this. Go get it." It was spine-tingling.

It was a huge win, but for me each win that September built on the last. The QF unshackled something in all of us long-suffering Tigers, lifted the oppressive emotional weight from our psychic shoulders. But then the PF, that was a different feeling again. Whereas the QF was an unleashing of rage and frustration, the PF win released joy and hope. And the GF, my God. ALL THE EMOTIONS.

You can't get to the top of a ladder without moving past the first rung, so the 2017 QF is one of our most significant victories in 40 years - in fact, I'd say it's in the top three. It's just the top two came later in the same month.
Well said

It was. The roar when Lambo kicked the opening goal nearly raised the roof. I remember the boos when Geelong entered the arena for the QF, and I turned to my old man in awe and said, "Listen to that!" We probably had 75,000 of the 95,000 that night, but we had 90,000 of the 94,000 v GWS.
That sticks in the memory it was loud , too bad C7 toned it down, being there I said * we are loud got my hairs standing

Stupid of them if they did. You'd think as a broadcaster you'd want to convey the unprecedented atmosphere.
Even gf day watch the replay and the crowd cheering for gws was louder than us, and the theme songs were played louder for gws than ours, didn’t notice it at the ground but certainly on the replay

You could probably include all our Sydney games from the decade. We've had some great games against them.
2010 - win by 4 pts - Andy Collins!
2012 (Sydney premiership year) - give them a belting.
2014 - the 9 in a row.
2015 - 5 goals down at half-time in Sydney - Cotchin off his back, Maric soccer goal. Best non-finals win of the decade.
2016 - LLLOOOOYYYDDDD!!! And then we get thrashed and embarassed in the last round (probably our worst non-finals game of the decade).
2017 - This time, we're flying and they're poor - and the get us at the MCG.
2018 - Jack 16 marks - Rance and Buddy go at it.

I tell you what annoys me with this type of article is the backhanded compliment in there. The insertion we were no good before 2017 when we were improving each year and made finals from 2013 to 2015, then 2017 to current. It's been a journey and we have won the 3rd most games in the whole league behind Geelong and Hawthorn. So even then, it's a bit of a nonsense. #rantover
THats true. I remember saying after the 2015 ef, that this will either make us or break us. I feared the worst after 2016, but we had three very good seasons before then and 2016 was clearly an anomaly. From 2017 onwards we have been able to play to our full potential

PS: RE 2010 port

Was talked into helping the cheer squad out with the banner as they were light on numbers. Water had got into the canvas carry bag and soaked through the banner. It unfurled as a sopping mess - a lattice of sticky tape dripping with sodden crepe paper! 🐯🍻

Attachments

• 47274EC1-4182-478D-8B9A-639C6C75BEE8.jpeg
    47274EC1-4182-478D-8B9A-639C6C75BEE8.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 78

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The round 22 game in 2017 against Freo is one of my favorites. 4 points down at quarter time 104 up at the end .Towner w ith 6 ,Rancey kicking a goal and Dusty destroying Freo .Only very good sides put 108 points on a team in 3 quarters .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was incredible. Dusty's laser 50 bullet pass to Jack was almost mythical. It was a ruthlessness awakening.

Was at 4 of the top 5 live and 6/11 - 2xGF, geelong final 2017 , GWS Final 2017, and WCE 2018) + 2010 Port

It’s like picking your favourite child - can’t be done (GWS 2017 prelim was special though 😍)
2017 GWS was the most incredible game I have attended. The GFs back in the 70s had more people but I could hardly see anything. I had an awsome view at that Prelim, my ticket was slightly cheap because of "restricted viewing" but that just meant I was at the top of some stairs, near the scoreboard. It was actually one of the best seats I've ever had

Last edited:
My top 3.

1. 2017 GF.
2. 2017 QF against Geelol.
3. 2017 Prelim against GWS.

Those finals games were just amazing. The build-up to those games and the atmosphere, I'll never forget. The GF was just a feeling of euphoria!! Amazing memories.

17 QF v Sooks was very special considering they had the wood on us for so many years.
But anyone who doesn’t put 17GF no.1 after a 37 year drought is bizzare.

17 QF v Sooks was very special considering they had the wood on us for so many years.
But anyone who doesn’t put 17GF no.1 after a 37 year drought is bizzare.
I'm not sure who wrote the article picking the top 10 and it kind of bizarre to have the cats final victory as No.1, but there is a logic to it. Huge hoodoos broken in that game. First win over the Cats in a decade was huge & first finals win in since 2001? 1995? RFC played like it had all year, enjoying their footy, and almost booked our way into the GF. I think it was a Roaming Brian afterwards where he hands the mike to Rance who just jokes around with the small fwds. Completely oblivious to the external pressure.

I don't have the 2017 GF as the top game - because it was a pretty poor game. We won fairly comfortably. Yes, I know it was the drought-breaker, but the game was over half-way through the 3rd quarter, the Crows collapsed, and it was just 'please don't stuff up' from there. The 2019 GF was an even worse game - GWS were in 'Just Happy to Be Here' mode (Phil Davis - 'My leg's fine! Really!'), and we didn't really do anything outstanding on the day.
The best part of both those games was strolling into work on Monday and saying 'Anyone want to talk about anything, today? No?' :cool: .

Honorable mention to Demons game Anzac Eve 2017, JR08 effing superb, come from behind, 5-0, crowd went nuts, I was shaking my head in disbelief.
Good call. I watched that Melbourne game in the Beach Hotel, Byron Bay. There must have been 30 private school old boys with their popped-collar polos cheering for the "Dees". My mate was elsewhere on a date so I was on my paddy until two Sydney-siders joined the cause. They had no idea who "Jacky-boy" was but they were screaming for him almost as loudly as I was.

The Melbourne fans were lippy in the first half, had vacated the premises well before the final siren.
Also had a memorable night. Staying at Rydges hotel Geelong visiting a Collingwood mate who lived in Geelong.
Total power outage at the Rydges.
Moved to an apartment on the foreshore next day (Anzac Eve). Massive lightning storm directly over us. Gave up on trip to the G. Got drunk and we watched a bit of Riewoldt magic. Was a very surreal night and that win to me was the foundation of believing we had something.

That west Coast game last year was an absolute cracker.
In the top 3 of best games I have ever seen.
Ironically another game vs West Coast was even better. Lids first season I think. Richo kicked a goal to put in front in the last, but Judd, Cousins and Kerr were just too good and we lost by a few points.
The other game was the draw against Essendon in 1995.

Don't get it.
Maybe we should stop winning finals by an average of 8 goals.....................sounds boring to some.
:drunk::drunk:

Gees making a list like this is like choosing your favourite child - it's impossible.

I have so many great memories and when reading through the list and recall where I was and all the emotions I felt during the each of the games - a good sign that the list is pretty decent. I've listed three games below that aren't necessary the best 3 wins, but brought out the most emotions in me and still do to this day just thinking about them:

• The most emotional I felt was after the 2017 QF win against Geelong where I was practically a mixture crying and laughing in joy and disbelief for the final 5 minutes of the game. It just meant so much to get that finals win for the first time in 16 years and even better that it came against a team that historically had the wood on us. That pickup turn and goal from Cotchin in the last quarter brought out a maniacal laugh in me that I didn't know I had.
  • The 2017 GF was an absolute sense of euphoria - it felt a bit surreal to be experiencing so much joy after years of heartache. Unbelievable feeling. Unbelievable celebrations.
  • Round 23, 2014 vs Sydney - for the entirety of this game I felt completely sick with nerves and getting out to the early lead probably made things worse. Couldn't eat anything, couldn't drink anything, couldn't sit down. I just stood there in front of the TV as Alex Rance and the team held on for a glorious win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back