Senator Madigan

Remove this Banner Ad

He did get caught out a bit, he was going to move his motion a few weeks back (16 April) to have it released 22nd April, this would have been before caretaker mode but no motions that day were moved.

Agree there is likely stuff in the reports that AFL/EFC34 would not like to get out. Like why was Dank charged with administering Hexeralin, but the players not charged with use? Suspect this to be discussed.
Yep, begs the question, who is funding Madigan's interest in this, in the run-down to an election campaign?

Once again, just when the saga looks like it's winding down, someone jumps in and stirs it up.

Who gains from this getting out?

I can only imagine the players' group - but not necessarily all of them.
Either in the hope that there is something here that will trigger a local appeal, outside of AFL/ASADA/ WADA/ CAS appeal process; or that they get a better angle on what they may have been exposed to, for future wellness and/or possibly to assist in compensation negotiations.
Those already resigned probably just want this to go away now as they may think they are covered.

Last edited:

Madison is a complete lunatic, no doubt, and just the next in a long, long conga line of *******s who have publicly supported EFC throughout this; but how has no-one picked up on the real reason this thread exists?

The OP has obviously seen Madigan on his "crusade" for justice and spammed the Honourable Senator about a certain case involving a wronged and betrayed young footballing superstar and a Mum who just wants to see justice done against the vast AFL conspiracy that has single-handedly ruined their lives.

And then when the Honourable Senator didn't respond, indicating even the fruitcake can identify another fructose flavoured confectionary when he sees one, the enraged Mum posts on old faithful (where she knows she will get a reaction that she needs to make it through another day) about the corruption of the Senator she just recently saw as her salvation.

And so it goes let it go, let it go

But Lance, picking on nut jobs is the best part of the HTB. You're sucking all the fun out of life!

ps. thankfully the revised voting laws should see the back of Mad Dog Madigan and Ricky whatsisname from the bogan holden ute party, so things are looking up

But Lance, picking on nut jobs is the best part of the HTB. You're sucking all the fun out of life!

ps. thankfully the revised voting laws should see the back of Mad Dog Madigan and Ricky whatsisname from the bogan holden ute party, so things are looking up

Agree with your sentiments re Madigan. Muir is unrepresentative swill, but seems rather harmless and well intentioned....i think.

But i do find it humorous when the Indy's get labelled as freaks when the Libs have freakin Eric Abetz as Leader of the Senate and Labour have freakin Steven Conroy as Deputy Leader of the Senate. Talk about fruitcakes. And they're runnin' the place.

Don't get me started on Barnaby as Deputy PM lol

Agree with your sentiments re Madigan. Muir is unrepresentative swill, but seems rather harmless and well intentioned....i think.

But i do find it humorous when the Indy's get labelled as freaks when the Libs have freakin Eric Abetz as Leader of the Senate and Labour have freakin Steven Conroy as Deputy Leader of the Senate. Talk about fruitcakes. And they're runnin' the place.

Don't get me started on Barnaby as Deputy PM lol

Well we all have our favourites. Don't agree on Muir. He's as thick as two short planks and just shouldn't be there. His presence in the chamber is a blight of any democracy due to the deals that put him in place on 0.5% of the vote.

Even if I wanted to disagree with you, as soon as you played the Abetz, Conroy, Barnaby card, you win at a canter. I could throw in Palmer and Lambie but thats just more of the same and probably just plain bad taste to even utter those names in public. F*** me, Lambie almost makes Trump look good.....almost

What's the bet that if Madigan gets in, suddenly some big chunk of land will be re-zoned and as a result some Essendon dude will become an instant multi-millionaire?

In Argentina or indonesia maybe, but politics in Australia would be above that kind of thing. I just can't see it happening here. Could it?

In Argentina or indonesia maybe, but politics in Australia would be above that kind of thing. I just can't see it happening here. Could it?
It just seems like everyday I read the paper and some Essendon dude has had a windfall by buying a shithole chunk of land cheap, only for it to be rezoned and they sell it for squillions.

Wasn't Welsh the most recent Essendon guy to benefit from rezoning?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fishermens bend...

It just seems like everyday I read the paper and some Essendon dude has had a windfall by buying a shithole chunk of land cheap, only for it to be rezoned and they sell it for squillions.

Wasn't Welsh the most recent Essendon guy to benefit from rezoning?

Just quietly Paul Little made a mint on that.

Don't forget Phillip Island too, Mathew Guy vs Miley Cyrus

The main parties are also full of pre-selected unrepresentative swill as well though.

Numpties like Conroy(lab), Abetz(lib), Bullock(lab), Christenson(lib)...just to name a few. They just get plonked in a safe seat or at the top of a ticket...and stink the whole joint up to their heart's content.

FFS, the main parties have just given us Rudd and Abbott as successive PM's.

Always vote below the line. Then vote bottom up to really stuff up the party system. And in a horizontal direction so the preferences are just spilling everywhere.

Always vote below the line. Then vote bottom up to really stuff up the party system. And in a horizontal direction so the preferences are just spilling everywhere.

Don't need to anymore with the recent rule changes.... 1-6 above the line puts the presences to the parties you want than exhausts your vote.

What's this thing odd custom "voting"? Has it been set up as appeasement like ASADA? Is it bread or circus? Does it work? Who benefits?

Yep, begs the question, who is funding Madigan's interest in this, in the run-down to an election campaign?

Once again, just when the saga looks like it's winding down, someone jumps in and stirs it up.

Who gains from this getting out?

I can only imagine the players' group - but not necessarily all of them.
Either in the hope that there is something here that will trigger a local appeal, outside of AFL/ASADA/ WADA/ CAS appeal process; or that they get a better angle on what they may have been exposed to, for future wellness and/or possibly to assist in compensation negotiations.
Those already resigned probably just want this to go away now as they may think they are covered.
I watched Senate hearing when Madigan and De Natale grilled McDevitt. Madigan strikes me as one of those older obsessive grumpy guys who loves getting stuck in with his paranoid unreasonable agendas ... and needs no payment from anyone for the pleasure of his attention.

I watched Senate hearing when Madigan and De Natale grilled McDevitt. Madigan strikes me as one of those older obsessive grumpy guys who loves getting stuck in with his paranoid unreasonable agendas ... and needs no payment from anyone for the pleasure of his attention.
Geez, that sounds like someone very very close to me!

Well we all have our favourites. Don't agree on Muir. He's as thick as two short planks and just shouldn't be there. His presence in the chamber is a blight of any democracy due to the deals that put him in place on 0.5% of the vote.

Even if I wanted to disagree with you, as soon as you played the Abetz, Conroy, Barnaby card, you win at a canter. I could throw in Palmer and Lambie but thats just more of the same and probably just plain bad taste to even utter those names in public. F*** me, Lambie almost makes Trump look good.....almost
I've got a lot more time for the truly independents rather than party career drongos.
Besides I like my women well-...... (better not go there).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back