Mega Thread Senior Coach Discussion - Neeld v the alternatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those supporting Gary Ayres as Neeld's replacement, you can view a number of 'after-match' interviews with him at youtube.com/portmelbournefc (on Borough TV).

The most recent one was after our surprise heavy loss to West Adelaide and how Gary was very honest and blunt in his assessment of the side's performance.

Keep the channel in mind as by Wednesday afternoon, I should also have an interview up (about 30 mins worth) with AFL Hall of Fame inductee and former Melbourne captain, Harold 'Hassa' Mann, who spoke at our luncheon yesterday.

+1

The biggest disaster will be if a new highly paid senior coach comes in and the results stay the same. I still think Neeld could be a senior coach, he's obviously very switched on guy but has just had nothing to work with at all. I'm not sure that sacking him was a great move tbh

Will Carlton have a look at him?

Will Carlton have a look at him?
I would have thought so. I hope Collingwood is keen as well. If Eade's the favorite for the Melbourne job then it might end up being a bit of a job trade.

I'm not sure how keen Eade would be to move though as he has it pretty good at the pies atm. He probably gets paid as much as many senior coaches, also does a lot of media and is under very little media scrutiny and public pressure.

Mark Harvey is about all we can attract at this stage I think.
Eade, Williams and Ayres seem like the coaches with experience that would be looked at. What's the situation at WC as Worsfold or Scott Burns would also be options imo. Has Craig totally ruled out the job because he did ok at Adelaide in patches as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back