Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard an excerpt on 3AW which they are trying to make sense of right now, "It's a good opportunity for the players" is what he said about the loss.

Yes, the players now have an understanding that they get to decide the team they want to be. In the past there have been distractions but now it’s clean slate. Blah blah blah. It’s also an exciting time for Zach Merrett to learn how to handle a tag and come out of it a better player. Sounds like we all should be thrilled by these “positives”.

Pinning it on someone like Goddard is ridiculous.

We have absolutely no structure or coherent gameplan for winning the ball, getting it forward or keeping it there.

Whatever positives we had last year are gone.

That’s not Brendon ****in Goddard’s fault.
Goddard got outmatched by Shane Kerridge- Did he yell at himself?
The players are the ones who should receive much of the vitriol.
It started when only 13 players attended our 1993 reunion.
We then were abysmal, weak and unimaginative at the selection table and we received what we were always were going to receive.
Our club is an absolute rabble.
I stated in another thread that players need to be moved on and new assistants, dodoro and crow need to be replaced.

Goddard got outmatched by Shane Kerridge- Did he yell at himself?
The players are the ones who should receive much of the vitriol.
It started when only 13 players attended our 1993 reunion.
We then were abysmal, weak and unimaginative at the selection table and we received what we were always were going to receive.
Our club is an absolute rabble.
I stated in another thread that players need to be moved on and new assistants, dodoro and crow need to be replaced.

Lol

Goddard loses a one-on-one contest.

If that was even in the top 100 on our list of problems we’d be much better.

Just watch. We are completely disorganised all across the field in both defence and attack. There is either no plan or the players have no idea how to implement it.

Pinning it on someone like Goddard is ridiculous.

We have absolutely no structure or coherent gameplan for winning the ball, getting it forward or keeping it there.

Whatever positives we had last year are gone.

That’s not Brendon ****in Goddard’s fault.

That isn’t Brendon Goddards fault but he can’t run or compete aerially anymore. The dare is gone from his kicking and for all his leadership nothing speaks higher volume than the brand of football he plays. Loved him in his day, but his time has come.

I have a really hard time listening to him. If everything is up to the players what are we paying him for?

I'm now wondering what he does day to day.

What we needed from this guy is the development of a culture and he's left it to a group which has never troubled itself with the basics and which has never been part of a decent culture for any extended period of time. I wouldn't say that we even have a leader with the personality we'd want to team to reflect.

We were where Melbourne was with a better list. We needed someone to develop a culture just as they did. I don't have any confidence in what I'm hearing.

The only reason I wouldn't sack him is because I still think that he's been forced to tread water.

That isn’t Brendon Goddards fault but he can’t run or compete aerially anymore. The dare is gone from his kicking and for all his leadership nothing speaks higher volume than the brand of football he plays. Loved him in his day, but his time has come.

Goddard playing poorly is not even on the radar of our issues. It’s so much bigger than that or any other player. We are completely inept tactically.

I have a really hard time listening to him. If everything is up to the players what are we paying him for?

I'm now wondering what he does day to day.

What we needed from this guy is the development of a culture and he's left it to a group which has never troubled itself with the basics and which has never been part of a decent culture for any extended period of time. I wouldn't say that we even have a leader with the personality we'd want to team to reflect.

We were where Melbourne was with a better list. We needed someone to develop a culture just as they did. I don't have any confidence in what I'm hearing.

The only reason I wouldn't sack him is because I still think that he's been forced to tread water.
I'm beginning to wonder whether it's actually Neeld that's actually coaching on the day. If it is, why the hell is that being allowed to happen? We saw what he did to the Demons.

That's an interesting point. You need a coaching group whose style suits the players they have. So either you pick a coaching panel and turn over the playing list to suit them, or you pick coaches that suit the team you already have.

Do the board or the executive have the ability/experience to look critically at the team and the coaches available and hire the ones that might work with the playing group we've got? Are any of them former coaches, or at least people who understand big picture strategies in a game? Couple of ex-players (who may have half a clue) and the rest are managerial types I think...

Short of some dramatic rule changes we don't have the list for any version of football worth playing.

Goddard playing poorly is not even on the radar of our issues. It’s so much bigger than that or any other player. We are completely inept tactically.

A large part of tactical execution is having the right balance of players and leaders who lead by example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can and he will. He’s not going to be sacked mid-season whether you want it or not.
I doubt he would be moved on till mid next season at the earliest.

I'd say they will declare this season now and move on non-performing players first (Worsfolds call), then overhall the assistant coaches at the end of the year and see how it goes next year.

This could turn out well for the Club as i think the culture of the seniors players is rotten. But that would be more through good luck than good management IMO.

We lost to Carlton who haven't won a game all season s**t is going to hit the fan.
CHmBhqM.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back