Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately some of the Board will have to go first. Tanner needs to step down and then we re-build from there. Nice guy but the re-sign was clearly a strategic disaster - even if he was the right guy. Take some risks with new talent. BTW we need to hurry. If I was a manager of some of our young talent (or a parent) I would be asking questions soon. Particularly if Worsfold has 2 years to run.

Pinning it on someone like Goddard is ridiculous.

We have absolutely no structure or coherent gameplan for winning the ball, getting it forward or keeping it there.

Whatever positives we had last year are gone.

That’s not Brendon ****in Goddard’s fault.
Godard hung in during an unbelievably tough period (which he had no idea was coming). We need to cut him some slack. This is clearly a management issue at the top.

Must go immediately along with the board. Supporters need to stop attending games and start hitting the club where it hurts

I am disappoint Mr Worsfold... We better not start losing players while you sit on your hands and your juicey contract...

Gunna be a long few years I feel...

This is a serious question. I wonder if the board and senior management consult any of the playing group prior to resigning a coach?? At other clubs I’m sure a select few trusted players would have some input however the way Essendon is currently managed I have my doubts...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon is clearly going through hard times.

I personally think its time we give Woosha a gold watch, and kick him in the butt and say hey, someone else just took your job daddy.

Would look at Ratten at this stage maybe break the bank for Hinkley.

Thing about Woosha, came to EFC when not many other's would. Has been through some crap with us and now his family is back in W.A. which I'm sure doesn't help.

Thing about Woosha, came to EFC when not many other's would. Has been through some crap with us and now his family is back in W.A. which I'm sure doesn't help.

Not having his family to come home to surley will have an effect on his coaching.

Hinkley? Do you have any idea how bad we'd look playing an even more front running style without Port's ball winning ability

Is there a Hinkley outside of the Port one? If not why would we want him?

Can someone summarise his presser please?
07-minister.jpg

Hinkley? Do you have any idea how bad we'd look playing an even more front running style without Port's ball winning ability
That's an interesting point. You need a coaching group whose style suits the players they have. So either you pick a coaching panel and turn over the playing list to suit them, or you pick coaches that suit the team you already have.

Do the board or the executive have the ability/experience to look critically at the team and the coaches available and hire the ones that might work with the playing group we've got? Are any of them former coaches, or at least people who understand big picture strategies in a game? Couple of ex-players (who may have half a clue) and the rest are managerial types I think...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back