Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

The Mclure question reeks of someone more interested in hearing the sound of their own voice than gaining real insight into the coaches thoughts on the matter.

Dickhead.

Hahahaha, what's Damo going to do? Grill him with the same rubbish that everyone else tries.

Woosha must be trembling in his boots.

Whateley said on radio tonight he invited Woosha to appear on 360 on Monday night, was politely declined, and will invite him again next week. The better class of questions might be there if Woosha is game...

Apparently Damo isn't a fan

2f82c0ec4e.png
So Woosha's definitely on the right track then.

I'm kind of annoyed about the "access" that the media currently have to players and coaches. I can't remember which game it was that Fox footy spoke to Heppell immediately before the bounce. It's an inappropriate distraction and I hope the club puts a stop to it. We don't need to get a blow by blow account from coaches and players - that's the media's job and its lazy journalism to expect the clubs to do it for them. They need more commentators like Hodge and Riewoldt and better callers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm kind of annoyed about the "access" that the media currently have to players and coaches. I can't remember which game it was that Fox footy spoke to Heppell immediately before the bounce. It's an inappropriate distraction and I hope the club puts a stop to it. We don't need to get a blow by blow account from coaches and players - that's the media's job and its lazy journalism to expect the clubs to do it for them. They need more commentators like Hodge and Riewoldt and better callers.

And for all of the access, nothing of value is done with it.

And for all of the access, nothing of value is done with it.

Makes me wonder if they ask, like was this an idea they had or did a focus group ask for it?

If they arent canvassing what fans want, then why not?

Damo's just petulant because he knows there's zero chance he'd be able to come up with the kind of insightful questions that might get a serious answer

The thing is it’s not that hard

- Where is Hurley at?
- Where is McGrath at?

These are things people actually want to know.

If you want ask about the team, how about

- what was the single most pleasing thing for you in Saturday game?

- what was the biggest change in the way the team played from last week to this week?

“What do you think is the real team, the one who played well or the one which lost to the wooden spooners?”

Seriously? Wtf do you think he’s going to answer?

I’m fine with it. The game is paid for by TV viewers and there should be shitloads if access.

Problem is, they do such pointless, meaningless stuff. Interview a player who can barely breathe or speak at half time? “Um yeah, that was good by the boys”... ffs

The one thing I still can’t beleive in the AFL is there’s no access to QT and 3QT huddles. That would actually be interesting.

- the VFL do it
- every other level of footy you can just walk up and listen
- the NBA do it in timeouts

Why can’t it be done in the AFL?

Makes me wonder if they ask, like was this an idea they had or did a focus group ask for it?

If they arent canvassing what fans want, then why not?

They never went to a focus group that reflects a 'average football fan', I can promise you that. It's part of the rationale that any publicity is good publicity if it's not just blindly following US sports.

The rationale holds true for a while but it is not without its problems. Saturation coverage would be fine if it evolved beyond the gutter journalism of chasing scandals and if at a football level the time was used to develop a broader and more sophisticated understanding of the game.

The thing is it’s not that hard

- Where is Hurley at?
- Where is McGrath at?

These are things people actually want to know.

If you want ask about the team, how about

- what was the single most pleasing thing for you in Saturday game?

- what was the biggest change in the way the team played from last week to this week?

“What do you think is the real team, the one who played well or the one which lost to the wooden spooners?”

Seriously? Wtf do you think he’s going to answer?

And if you want a gotcha moment with Worsfold, you need to build up to it.

Start with something like 'Heppell and Zaharakis spent less time in the middle against the Cats, what was the rationale?' You then need to tailor the follow up to the response. You might need to throw in another platitude basing a question on 'you must have been pleased that the inexperienced centre square set-up got the job done against the Cats' powerhouse'.

You then might have to work with another journo because you might not get enough time.

The follow up then moves towards Andy McGrath's comments and or changer midfield structure at which point you might get some concessions.

The more obvious the journos intent the less likely it's going to have the desired effect.

View attachment 502914

Really Scoop?

Camouflage tie, and 50 shades of dark blue, and you want Worsfold to take these people seriously?

I've never seen a more unforgivable suit, shirt and tie combination than that.

He has purple dye in his hair too which is staggering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back