Senior Coach: John Worsfold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon

Jeez the bloke can waffle!!

In terms of, in terms of...anyone who repeatedly says in terms of is filling time while he thinks of more waffle.

Anyhoo, check it out, speaks about his role in the box. I can see why he's out

the PILL

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon

In terms of, in terms of...anyone who repeatedly says in terms of is filling time while he thinks of more waffle.

Agreed...
Confirmed a few things I was wondering about JW too.

Liking this Dan Richardson fellow :)

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds

Still just as confused as to what his role was. “I ask assistant questions”....!!?? Why exactly were they asked to just look at one part of the field only? Did he take Woosha’s instructions too literally?

Plus seems like he wasn’t at fault at all with Dees, hard done by maybe.

He left because his interest was in sports admin!! Really?

May have gone on the show to impress other clubs for an admin role but think he just made things harder for himself

Doss

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Essendon
Admin #6,006
Neeld didn't have Melbourne on a path to anything besides oblivion. I don't mind him but spinning his time at Melbourne as anything but an unmitigated disaster that had to be terminated well short of term is not correct. The same goes for other people at the club at the time, like Connolly and Schwab.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon

It's a shocking phrase thrown in when one doesn't know how to express oneself.

Every time it appears I know it's time for re-write.

Mercurial89

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Essendon
Its interesting to get a bit more info on where we are with Worsfolds philosophy.
Im interested whether there is any lingering issues between the way John wants to do things and how Dan Richardson wants things done.

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
It's a shocking phrase thrown in when one doesn't know how to express oneself.

Every time it appears I know it's time for re-write.
Forgetting his media persona, if he cant express himself as a rule, those players heads must have been spinning in pre game talks or learning sessions.

What do you actually want me to do Mark???

I liked in the 28 games doco, Salmon joking said, when sheedy got stressed or under pressure, he would resort to drawing pictures.

Perfect. He knows stress creates a muddled message, pictures are clear and concise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon

Mercurial89

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Essendon
It was nice insight because he's so hard to listen to when he gives a press conference.
It was nice insight and should realistically be done every week during the pre season at least.
Clubs need to open up the doors more. Showing the inner workings of a coach and team is key to giving fan experiences some weight.
Hell they should throw it in as part of a digital membership, a fully televised training session once a year. Fans can see and hear their favourite players. Would do wonders for those that cant make training and help interstate people feel more involved.
The draft stuff some clubs have been releasing was gold and the training article by the journalist who was asked to train with the brisbane lions should be the new standard for pre season training reporting.

Lore

AFL Club
Essendon
Moderator #6,017
Curious: who is the guy on the right and what's his job????

View attachment 593030
Rob Harding, Opposition Strategy Coach. There’s a video of “sounds of the track” where he’s mic’ed up during a training session on the Essendon website. Date on it is Nov28 but I can’t get the link atm. I think the other thread (the assistant coaches one) has more info about him

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
It was nice insight and should realistically be done every week during the pre season at least.
Clubs need to open up the doors more. Showing the inner workings of a coach and team is key to giving fan experiences some weight.
Hell they should throw it in as part of a digital membership, a fully televised training session once a year. Fans can see and hear their favourite players. Would do wonders for those that cant make training and help interstate people feel more involved.
The draft stuff some clubs have been releasing was gold and the training article by the journalist who was asked to train with the brisbane lions should be the new standard for pre season training reporting.

I know its dumb on my part but I was like "shit there is a personality there".

Jade

Smug lives here.
AFL Club
Essendon
I like Woosh, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that If we aren’t neck deep in September this year his bags will be packed.

DapperJong

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I like Woosh, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that If we aren’t neck deep in September this year his bags will be packed.
We certainly have the cattle now so there's no question he will come under scrutiny if we have a similar year again. I would say a bags packed scenario would need a pretty diabolical season.

Jade

Smug lives here.
AFL Club
Essendon
We certainly have the cattle now so there's no question he will come under scrutiny if we have a similar year again. I would say a bags packed scenario would need a pretty diabolical season.
Funny when you consider if we’d started the season 10-4; only to fall out of September calculations by going 2-6 people would be screaming blue murder now.

We’re a bit of a goldfish memory bunch...

Top Bottom