Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

If, and I do mean if, circumstances have Essendon underperform in 2019, I think Worsfold is one of a number of changes that will need to be made.

For a start, I’d be heavily restricting the influence of the CEO in football department matters, though I’d still short of calling for Xavier to be replaced.

In terms of a replacement, names that immediately come to mind are Ratten and Caracella. Potentially even Rutten.

However, I think it highly unlikely it’ll be required. This is Essendon list is as strong as I’ve seen in twenty years - it really should be pushing hard for top 4 and a crack at the flag.

If, and I do mean if, circumstances have Essendon underperform in 2019, I think Worsfold is one of a number of changes that will need to be made.

For a start, I’d be heavily restricting the influence of the CEO in football department matters, though I’d still short of calling for Xavier to be replaced.

In terms of a replacement, names that immediately come to mind are Ratten and Caracella. Potentially even Rutten.

However, I think it highly unlikely it’ll be required. This is Essendon list is as strong as I’ve seen in twenty years - it really should be pushing hard for top 4 and a crack at the flag.

Agree with you it’s highly unlikely he will get sacked. However, our list on paper is as good as anyone. If we don’t finish in the top 4 it’s on Woosha

EDIT: I basically repeated what you said in the first paragraph. Disregard

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Just let the man coach. He knows what he’s doing.

It’s up to the players now. Full list of talent across all positions and no excuses.

If we don’t tackle and chase and harass the opposition relentlessly in every game it doesn’t matter who is coaching this group...we will be ####ed.

Cause that’s what makes ordinary to shitty teams be who they are. Lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go on, Johnny boy, tell us about the game plan.

Guys get a paid, what, $600k to $1m a year and he's reading what trends in the game?

Honestly, if Begley, Laverde and Redman do not spend every second in training in the middle with Clarke from here in his position is untenable. We have competitive, bull at a gate players. Whether or not they fit his definition of mids, that's what he's left with.

We play way too complicated. Our game plan is to hand ball it and run off half back through mckenna and co
What happens when we can't do this? we turn to s**t

let's just play basic football like tigers ,pies etc
get it forward keep it in there score.

Here's my first question:

What was wrong with our gameplan in the second half of 2018?
This.

Idk wtf Woosha thought when he decided to go back to the first half of 2018 rubbish, but we need to change it back right now.

ce8cc69eb0fd1056c53aa1086d832720d0c48864_2_462x1000.jpeg

Worsfold you would expect it if you took JLT performance seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back