Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the forwards coach? Seriously, is the plan to stand there and request long bombs where the defence can easily spoil? Where is the leading?
I have been beating this drum since last year but Skipworth was our forwards coach in 2017 when our foward line was the envy of the league and we decided to change his role.

Presumably Woosha goes if we don’t make the 8. I’m also pretty keen for a clean out of the assistant coaches, Skipworth seems pretty good but I’d love to get in a few from perennially successful clubs like the hawks and the cats, see if we can bring in a winning culture.

I tried, I tried to follow his vision.

Fact is, his vision is lost and nobody knows what the * is going on.

Sadly this club doesn't believe in anything else and will continue to follow this path for a couple more years.

A sad state of affairs.

Presumably Woosha goes if we don’t make the 8. I’m also pretty keen for a clean out of the assistant coaches, Skipworth seems pretty good but I’d love to get in a few from perennially successful clubs like the hawks and the cats, see if we can bring in a winning culture.
Clean out can’t come quick enough. The fact that we got Harvey back a second time is symbolic of this club.

Seems to have no tactical nouse whatsover and the problem we have is neither do the assistants. Either we surround him with assistants who have who have tactical skill or replace him with a senior coach who has. The game has evolved in many ways and unfortunately woosha doesn't seem to have caught up.

Kelly & Rutten can stay. The rest unfortunately can **** off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a quiet ale or 10 GF night with sheeds last year and asked when it was our turn? His response when we find a bloke who can coach. Looks like sheeds was right yet again...

Can you imagine some of the crazy stuff Sheeds would of tried with this list of talent finding the best out of each player :).

Annnd I'm damn sure there wouldn't be any stinking effort problem like we have now with the figjam problem thats crept in.

We are caught in a very strange cycle with Worsfold (especially on gameday) where we are rudderless if pressured in our clear pressure points but our talent kind of floats us, yet also potent if we bring effort, instead of having to cojure it up after it's too late which is probably the holy grail of football frustration.

We have a coaching problem plain and simple for the team to be so vulnerable mentally and up and down on effort.

Enough is enough. It was 3 years ago we lost the unloseable to Sydney after conceding several very late goals.

Our defence hasn’t improved we perpetually kick long bombs into forward line, we never have plan B when opposition block the corridor.

Adding to this is the players just don’t give a stuff for team success and this was symbolised by Heppell and Myers laughing and hugging each other after Myers last shot fell short. Where’s the hurt of another wasted year?

To cap it off, no first round draft pick and the club thinks it’s a top 4 chance???? Dreaming.

Clean it out Xavier

I think it goes deeper than the coach. I do not agree with his player pecking order and also the lack of bend in doing something different.
Also the buck stops with him as far as getting the buy in and the players following his game plan which as far as the defence goes the players are still clearly clueless at certain times.
You could argue a few team selections but that is the same at every club. There are always one or two players who the punters want selected or not selected.

However Woosha has no control over the injury factor. Two years ago we had 60 goals from Joe, 40 goals from Raz and 40 goals from Hooker. Last year we we cobbled together some sort of group to cover Joe and Raz and added Stringer. Last night they had Stringer and Raz. Not tall targets.

He is also not at fault as far as some of the shocking turnovers we give up.

I think the massive over rating of the list and a couple of key injuries come into play.

I think it goes deeper than the coach. I do not agree with his player pecking order and also the lack of bend in doing something different.
Also the buck stops with him as far as getting the buy in and the players following his game plan which as far as the defence goes the players are still clearly clueless at certain times.
You could argue a few team selections but that is the same at every club. There are always one or two players who the punters want selected or not selected.

However Woosha has no control over the injury factor. Two years ago we had 60 goals from Joe, 40 goals from Raz and 40 goals from Hooker. Last year we we cobbled together some sort of group to cover Joe and Raz and added Stringer. Last night they had Stringer and Raz. Not tall targets.

He is also not at fault as far as some of the shocking turnovers we give up.

I think the massive over rating of the list and a couple of key injuries come into play.
The injuries come into play now for sure. In isolation you can't be too shocked the forwardline we put out struggled (though I'd have thought Hartley in as a back could've helped, pecking order).

But we set ourselves up for failure with our start to the year. A couple more wins on the board earlier the situation wouldn't be so dire.

In 2016, I was very critical of him playing too many dud top up players instead if giving all the kids a go. But I took his argument we needed some senior experience and we did find Fantasia and Tippa. In 2017, he refused to play the kids - Laverde (when fit), Langford et al were treated poorly, but we made the 8 and I thought it was harsh to be too critical. Last year was a complete joke. We basically gave no kid a decent go and continued to play the same old tortoises. But we changed are game style in the second half of the season and at least it looked like maybe we are on the right track.

Expectations were extremely high this year - both internally and externally. We’ve not blooded enough kids, have no decent draft picks, so really this and next year are it. We’ve completely embarrassed ourselves. The coaching staff are incapable of getting the team to even play consistent football. Worsfold’s match day coaching is appalling.

He (and Xavier ‘all about the brand’ Campbell, who signed him up with the ridiculous and potentially costly contract extension) deserved to be marched out on Monday.

In 2016, I was very critical of him playing too many dud top up players instead if giving all the kids a go. But I took his argument we needed some senior experience and we did find Fantasia and Tippa. In 2017, he refused to play the kids - Laverde (when fit), Langford et al were treated poorly, but we made the 8 and I thought it was harsh to be too critical. Last year was a complete joke. We basically gave no kid a decent go and continued to play the same old tortoises. But we changed are game style in the second half of the season and at least it looked like maybe we are on the right track.

Expectations were extremely high this year - both internally and externally. We’ve not blooded enough kids, have no decent draft picks, so really this and next year are it. We’ve completely embarrassed ourselves. The coaching staff are incapable of getting the team to even play consistent football. Worsfold’s match day coaching is appalling.

He (and Xavier ‘all about the brand’ Campbell, who signed him up with the ridiculous and potentially costly contract extension) deserved to be marched out on Monday.

The bold is not true.
Begley started the year before doing his knee.
Ridley only went out of the side through injury.
Much played a few games before missing some with injury.
Francis got into the side late in the year after missing pre season and building his form in the VFL.
Geulfi played 15 games.
Redman got back into the side before getting injured.
Clarke got 1 chance but his disposal was well short of standard and did not get another look in.

Sure you can argue about the selections of Myers or Bagually but you get the same sort of selection issues at any club. The fact is we played more than 10 players aged under 21 at various stages last year and a few only lost their place because they got injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back