Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep they went early with the re-signing don't want Essendon to do the same even if we win a final

Big IF but IF Freo actually do give Lyon the arse they might come headhunting & Woosha would probably be one of the prominent names on their list leaving our club with little option but to offer him an extension.

But otherwise I agree, let his contract run into next season & see where we are.

FWIW there is zero - absolutely zero - basis to Lyon leaving Freo.

The media hate him. Because he treats them like s**t.

He’s out of contract at the end of next year. That’s all.

So they’ve started running with it to build some momentum to get rid of him.

Melbourne media reporting are all just saying “it’s all the word in Perth!”. They’re literally just reporting what the media are saying.

Why do you say that? Freo have said they won’t renew contract this year. If a club offers 4-5 years, he’d be mad not to consider and ask Freo to release him. May not be any jobs end of next year.

I reckon Blues interested and don’t count out either of the SA teams.

Why do you say that? Freo have said they won’t renew contract this year. If a club offers 4-5 years, he’d be mad not to consider and ask Freo to release him. May not be any jobs end of next year.

I reckon Blues interested and don’t count out either of the SA teams.

Could see a Worsfold/Lyon swap.

Freo need a coach to make them relevant again and no better than Worsfold a West Coast legend who be coaching for the hated rival.

Could see a Worsfold/Lyon swap.

Freo need a coach to make them relevant again and no better than Worsfold a West Coast legend who be coaching for the hated rival.

Wouldn't work, Worsfold is poor tactically and doesn't make enough moves during games.

I also think he needs to show more in the coaches box or on the bench it's disheartening to see him just sitting there doing nothing showing no emotion when we supporters deserve someone who cares.
He's also boring in press conferences.

Wouldn't work, Worsfold is poor tactically and doesn't make enough moves during games.

I also think he needs to show more in the coaches box or on the bench it's disheartening to see him just sitting there doing nothing showing no emotion when we supporters deserve someone who cares.
He's also boring in press conferences.

Wasn't he the same as captain of WC? Sort of a stoic character that was a tough back pocket, but not a outgoing type. I wouldn't mind if he brought some of the toughness from his playing days.

Wasn't he the same as captain of WC? Sort of a stoic character that was a tough back pocket, but not a outgoing type. I wouldn't mind if he brought some of the toughness from his playing days.

Oh I don't believe a word of what I wrote, was just channelling a majority of what this thread has been about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Research about the impact of cohesion in football teams.

Really interesting analogy - why do the members of the best bands all seem to go to the same school or university?

Cohesion can make a really average group of people look like stars, or a bunch of highly talented players in the same team look really average. Parramatta Eels and Carlton given as examples of the latter. I guess Hawthorn is the former.

And yes, that's Marc McGowan's podcast. He has some good points too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back