Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
Pressure starts firmly on this guy now. Doesn't matter how long he's contracted for, if we are 2-6 again we won't be copping it.

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon

Jeez the bloke can waffle!!

In terms of, in terms of...anyone who repeatedly says in terms of is filling time while he thinks of more waffle.

Anyhoo, check it out, speaks about his role in the box. I can see why he's out

Agreed...
Confirmed a few things I was wondering about JW too.

Liking this Dan Richardson fellow :)

In terms of, in terms of...anyone who repeatedly says in terms of is filling time while he thinks of more waffle.

Still just as confused as to what his role was. “I ask assistant questions”....!!?? Why exactly were they asked to just look at one part of the field only? Did he take Woosha’s instructions too literally?

Plus seems like he wasn’t at fault at all with Dees, hard done by maybe.

He left because his interest was in sports admin!! Really?

May have gone on the show to impress other clubs for an admin role but think he just made things harder for himself

Neeld didn't have Melbourne on a path to anything besides oblivion. I don't mind him but spinning his time at Melbourne as anything but an unmitigated disaster that had to be terminated well short of term is not correct. The same goes for other people at the club at the time, like Connolly and Schwab.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

It's a shocking phrase thrown in when one doesn't know how to express oneself.

Every time it appears I know it's time for re-write.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
It's a shocking phrase thrown in when one doesn't know how to express oneself.

Every time it appears I know it's time for re-write.

Forgetting his media persona, if he cant express himself as a rule, those players heads must have been spinning in pre game talks or learning sessions.

What do you actually want me to do Mark???

I liked in the 28 games doco, Salmon joking said, when sheedy got stressed or under pressure, he would resort to drawing pictures.

Perfect. He knows stress creates a muddled message, pictures are clear and concise.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
It was nice insight because he's so hard to listen to when he gives a press conference.

It was nice insight and should realistically be done every week during the pre season at least.
Clubs need to open up the doors more. Showing the inner workings of a coach and team is key to giving fan experiences some weight.
Hell they should throw it in as part of a digital membership, a fully televised training session once a year. Fans can see and hear their favourite players. Would do wonders for those that cant make training and help interstate people feel more involved.
The draft stuff some clubs have been releasing was gold and the training article by the journalist who was asked to train with the brisbane lions should be the new standard for pre season training reporting.

Jul 19, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Curious: who is the guy on the right and what's his job????

whoosa.jpg

Curious: who is the guy on the right and what's his job????

View attachment 593030
Rob Harding, Opposition Strategy Coach. There’s a video of “sounds of the track” where he’s mic’ed up during a training session on the Essendon website. Date on it is Nov28 but I can’t get the link atm. I think the other thread (the assistant coaches one) has more info about him

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
It was nice insight and should realistically be done every week during the pre season at least.
Clubs need to open up the doors more. Showing the inner workings of a coach and team is key to giving fan experiences some weight.
Hell they should throw it in as part of a digital membership, a fully televised training session once a year. Fans can see and hear their favourite players. Would do wonders for those that cant make training and help interstate people feel more involved.
The draft stuff some clubs have been releasing was gold and the training article by the journalist who was asked to train with the brisbane lions should be the new standard for pre season training reporting.

I know its dumb on my part but I was like "s**t there is a personality there".

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I like Woosh, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that If we aren’t neck deep in September this year his bags will be packed.

We certainly have the cattle now so there's no question he will come under scrutiny if we have a similar year again. I would say a bags packed scenario would need a pretty diabolical season.

We certainly have the cattle now so there's no question he will come under scrutiny if we have a similar year again. I would say a bags packed scenario would need a pretty diabolical season.

Funny when you consider if we’d started the season 10-4; only to fall out of September calculations by going 2-6 people would be screaming blue murder now.

We’re a bit of a goldfish memory bunch...

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
Funny when you consider if we’d started the season 10-4; only to fall out of September calculations by going 2-6 people would be screaming blue murder now.

We’re a bit of a goldfish memory bunch...
Cos we would have been going downhill rather than uphill

Back