Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
Yeah I’m not sure of his logic given Kevin Sheedy was from Richmond.
"Only success earns a coach some sort of acceptance by the supporters at a club they didn’t play for."

Sheedy won four premierships.

Do you think we would have seen a #standbywoosha hashtag if he had been in charge during the supplements saga?

Not saying that there aren't issues with his coaching but I think it's true he's under more pressure particularly from past players in the media than he would if he had played for Essendon.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
"Only success earns a coach some sort of acceptance by the supporters at a club they didn’t play for."

Sheedy won four premierships.

Do you think we would have seen a #standbywoosha hashtag if he had been in charge during the supplements saga?

Not saying that there aren't issues with his coaching but I think it's true he's under more pressure particularly from past players in the media than he would if he had played for Essendon.
I’m not sure there is acceptance for any coach of any club no matter who they played for if they can’t bring success.

Kevin Bartlett, Francis Bourke, Tony Shaw, Brett Ratten, Michael Voss. Didn’t last much beyond 5 years as coaches of the club they were premiership players and champions of.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
He was always going to coach next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
What a roller coaster day? Aussies doing well in cricket, get smashed in cycling race, vfl start poorly, take control before looking likely to get run over til Jok goals, now WOOSH confirmed. God damn it!!!! I was on a high after VFL win 😭

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
The fact it took this long to publicly support Woosha’s role (given all the media speculation) tells me one of 2 things, either it was a very close call or Essendon supporters are unimportant to the club.

Personally, I’m glad Woosha will see out the final year of his contract. We do however need to change what we have been doing.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
The fact it took this long to publicly support Woosha’s role (given all the media speculation) tells me one of 2 things, either it was a very close call or Essendon supporters are unimportant to the club.

Personally, I’m glad Woosha will see out the final year of his contract. We do however need to change what we have been doing.

The preseason will answer that, if they make an effort to change things on the training track then we can take it that the message from fans is getting through. I think the fans are more concerned with the performance of the players than the coaches.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
PRESS STOP. STOP THE BULLSHIT. HE'S COACHING NEXT YEAR. IF AFTER 3 GAMES NO OBVIOUS CHANGE. GOOOONNNNNEEE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back