Senna doco

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
Just previewed on tele, released officialy tommorrow in Blighty. Brought tears to my eyes remebering perhaps one of the worlds truly pure sportsmen (you'll see what I mean )

If anyone knows of a good quality torrent/stream that surely won't be long appearing it will be appreciated...and if I find one i'll advise.
cheers.

ubolt

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Thunderbirds
it got me to re watch the Imola race on You Tube. someone has added the full race to You Tube, along with the Warm Up, Practice and Qualifying too.

It was the second race of F1 i ever properly watched (the Previous fortnights race at Aida was the first i ever properly watched)

Such a sad weekend that weekend of Imola.

F1 Racing Mag for the month has a good story about it. Good little read.

Can't wait till August 11 for the release in Australia.

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
My first gp....

[YOUTUBE]8c0o697F1g8[/YOUTUBE]

My niece has just turned 17, when she was born she was rushed to the Adelaide womens and childrens hospital because she was premature and when we visited I walked over the road to the grid for the AGP where all the tributes for Ayrton Senna De silva were left (removed later)....

At Monaco in

1984 Toleman tg184 hart he finnish second
1985 Lotus renault he lead for the first 13 laps until his engine failed.
1986 Lotus 98T/Renault He lead during laps 35-41 and finished third.
1987 Lotus 99T/Honda He lead from laps 30- 78 (won)
1988 McLaren MP4/4-Honda He lead from lap 1-66 before clipping a barrier entering the tunnel
1989 McLaren MP4/5-Honda he lead very lap.
1990 McLaren MP4/5B-Honda he lead every lap
1991 McLaren MP4/6-Honda he lead every lap
1992 McLaren MP4/7A-Honda he lead laps 71-78 (won)
1993 McLaren MP4/8-Ford he lead every lap but 12-32 (won)

he never made the 94 race

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
If anyone knows of a good quality torrent/stream that surely won't be long appearing it will be appreciated...and if I find one i'll advise.
cheers.

You should already be able to "obtain" the movie as it was released a while ago in other countries.

Personally Im planning to watch it during the week despite the fact that Im too young to remember him

SebastianVettel

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2010
Heppenheim
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins, Liverpool FC
It was never intended to be a pure documentary. The guy who directed it said as much.

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
He was an incredible person.

He had flaws and he was completly honest with that. He understood sport (not just his) in a way i've seen few speak about.

I know motor racers who I've raced against, who I've learnt from and who i've taught (shared what knowlage I have) out there who have what he had just they never had the oppotunity he had to make the level of motor racing he did, but they are the most amazing people I know.

Them cars are built to be pranged, if your opponant don't recognise that and is afraid of contact you have one up on them, right there. Nigel Mansell enlightened us to that about Ayrton Senna desilva,

There's a race line out there, you take that off your rival, not your rival off the race line, if your rival does take you off the raceline he deserves the same back.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Watched this last night and I gotta agree with MWNN, it was quite disappointing. As a film i thought it was pretty poorly made (unless what I watched somehow wasnt the final edit) and it was far too long imo. Sports documentaries should be like the ESPN 30 for 30 films or the NFL's America's Game series, not like this.

Personally, I thought that the Top Gear piece from earlier this year/late last year on Senna was much better from a hero worship standpoint and did a better job of illustrating his importance to F1 and the effect he has had on the sport.

Golding

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I cant find a copy with English subtitles :( All of the ones i find the subtitles will work for parts of the movie, but not all. So when whoever they are interviewing speak gibberish i just have to smile and nod :)

Am flying to KL tomorrow and was hoping to watch it on the plane.

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
Personally, I thought that the Top Gear piece from earlier this year/late last year on Senna was much better from a hero worship standpoint and did a better job of illustrating his importance to F1 and the effect he has had on the sport.

This one?

[YOUTUBE]aNmqn3heGgE[/YOUTUBE]

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
Yes.

It is a far better piece of film and put across his importance to F1 far better imo. The best thing about the documentary was the race film (which is something that Ive not seen before as I really young during Senna's time)

That one was typical english by its perception of Suzuka when Prost and senna came together, the failed to mention prost the previous year turned into Senna to stop Senna being able to win the title. It was mostly the english press(fleet street) who critisised senna back in the day, alot of time they applied stricter rules to Senna and quite naturaly a lack of understanding of racing tactics when they wished to pass judgement.

[YOUTUBE]zznJjSncGCE[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zznJjSncGCE&feature=related

This vid shows Prost as the mad c*nt leaving Senna no room, but Senna proving his courage and his convictions, pure.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
^ That, and how crazy and power hungry Ballstre was, were about the only things that I learnt out of the doco that the Top Gear tribute didnt cover. I guess I hold the TG piece higher because of its far better production values and because it uses drivers instead of journalists to illustrate how good he was.

Was certainly interesting to see how defensive Prost was in the doco about that 1988 incident.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Massive queue last night. I'm going to the 2nd screening.

And I think it's a bit boring to always download torrents. Can't beat seeing a film like this with 500 people at a film festival.

Frankster177

Cancelled
Dec 22, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AC Milan
^ That, and how crazy and power hungry Ballstre was, were about the only things that I learnt out of the doco that the Top Gear tribute didnt cover. I guess I hold the TG piece higher because of its far better production values and because it uses drivers instead of journalists to illustrate how good he was.

Was certainly interesting to see how defensive Prost was in the doco about that 1988 incident.

Typical they made Prost out to be the bad guy. Senna had his faults too.
Just because he passed away doesnt mean hes the greatest ever.

Ballestre stood up for the manufacturers, not all bad.

Frankster177

Cancelled
Dec 22, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AC Milan
No he was not. Cannot compare drivers from diffrent era's and different cars.
He just has a good sympathy industry.

Back