Banter Sensitive audio file from St Kilda coaches box downloaded to league database

Remove this Banner Ad

No

But it's a shambolic error, that could potentially expose things in our gameplan. Not good enough.
Are you having a lend. Every side gets this every week minus the audio. Every side knows how each other play. The only thing Lyon and the other coaches would be worried about is what they said about some of our players.

Uploaded btw who's the boomer now George
Nice try, dweeb. I took the headline from The Age article below;

Author of said article? Peter Ryan.

Who is Peter Ryan you may ask?

lCXej-oC_400x400.jpeg

My Boomer radar is on point, as usual :cool::cool:

Nice try, dweeb. I took the headline from The Age article below;

Author of said article? Peter Ryan.

Who is Peter Ryan you may ask?

lCXej-oC_400x400.jpeg

My Boomer radar is on point, as usual :cool::cool:
Two first names. Can’t be trusted.

St Kilda coaches box audio inadvertently uploaded after practice match against Essendon​

St Kilda captain Jack Steele says coach Ross Lyon has shared a transcript of a recording accidentally uploaded to a shared AFL database with him and other senior players.

Jay Clark Jay Clark
Follow

@ClarkyHeraldSun

4 min read
March 9, 2023 - 3:15PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

24 comments

04:43
Saints guilty of 'full club balls-up'

AFL: David King was brutally honest in his assessment of St Kilda heading in to the 2023 season.

AFL

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
St Kilda captain Jack Steele says senior coach Ross Lyon has taken Saints’ players through the full transcript of leaked audio from the Saints’ coaches box.
The Saints were left red-faced earlier this week when the coaches’ audio from the practice match win over Essendon on Friday was uploaded to a shared AFL database, giving rival clubs access to insights about their game plan and players’ abilities.
Steele said it was a disappointing error, but was adamant his respect for Lyon grew after the coach took him and other senior players through every word of the uploaded audio file.
Steele said there was nothing offensive in the audio and his major concern was whether there were any revelations about the game plan which could hurt the Saints on the field.
“It was definitely a shock to begin with, and certainly wasn’t what we were expecting to come out of Ross’s mouth when he spoke to us yesterday,” Steele said.
“But the best thing was he was able to acknowledge the mistake that had been made and he got on the front foot and told us about it all, and as a player and captain that was pretty important.
“He took a few of us through the transcript of what was said and there was nothing that anyone would have been offended by.
“He definitely earned a level of respect from myself and the rest of the players by the way he has gone about the whole situation.”
[PLAYERCARD]Jack Steele[/PLAYERCARD] speaks to the media during AFL Captains Day at Marvel Stadium. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images

Jack Steele speaks to the media during AFL Captains Day at Marvel Stadium. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images
Steele said the coaches’ commentary was “pretty lighthearted” as St Kilda bounced back from a disappointing first practice match loss to Melbourne with a commanding win over the Bombers at Moorabbin.

The skipper said he hoped other teams wouldn’t access the file to glean sensitive information about how the Saints wanted to play this year.
In particular, Lyon has changed the way the Saints will defend this season, having kept the Bombers to 3.14 (32) on Friday night.
St Kilda will open its season against Fremantle at Marvel Stadium, but it remains unclear whether the Dockers accessed the sensitive file.
“My biggest concern was definitely about the game plan and all that sort of stuff,” he said.
“What could have been said about our plan against Essendon and how clubs could use that against us going forward.
“There was also the welfare of the players and what could have been said, and I guess any of the younger players, they might not have known what goes on in a coaches box and what can be said and how quick and witty things can be.
“If something was said about a player, they didn’t take offence. It was all sweet and the players Ross spoke with are all sweet with it.”
Banner for KFC SuperCoach footy 2023
The skipper said he has thoroughly enjoyed the new feeling at the club this year following the club’s huge call to replace Brett Ratten with Lyon.
But only one rival captain tipped the Saints to play finals in 2023.
“I have loved it so far,” Steele said.
“There have been massive changes, not just Ross but assistant coaches and obviously a new game plan and system, so it has been great.
“Ross has been demanding excellence since he walked in on day one and we are starting to raise the standards, which is awesome, so we are all buying into it and are very excited for the year.”

Saints audio leaked in embarrassing blunder

St Kilda has unwittingly shared a file containing audio from the coaches’ box during its practice match win over Essendon with the rest of the league.
The Saints’ coaches addressed the matter with the players this week to explain the error in the event any of the audio is made public.
While the club is not concerned by any of the language used in the recording, the Saints on Wednesday said the file should not have been uploaded with the audio.
The club has reviewed the audio and is comfortable with its contents.
Clubs normally upload the behind-the-goals vision for the practice games, but do not include any audio from the coaches’ box.
The club removed the file as soon as it was made aware it existed several hours after it was originally uploaded on Saturday morning.
All clubs had access to the file in an embarrassing slip-up for the club, however it remains unclear if any rivals have heard it.
Dan Butler evades Zach Merrett during St Kilda’s practice match win. Picture: Michael Klein

Dan Butler evades Zach Merrett during St Kilda’s practice match win. Picture: Michael Klein
Fremantle would be most likely considering the Dockers play the Saints in the opening game of the season.
St Kilda coach Ross Lyon and his assistants have been upfront with the players about the incident so they weren’t surprised if it became public.
St Kilda football manager David Misson said the club would review its upload practices to avoid a repeat.
“This upload occurred through human error, which was corrected as soon as we were notified,” Misson said.
“There is no certainty that this file has been accessed and downloaded by anybody, however, regardless of the low risk, we wanted to be on the front foot and proactive in our response.
“Our focus is on creating a program with high integrity, open communication and care for our people.
Ross Lyon fires up at three-quarter-time. Picture: Michael Klein

Ross Lyon fires up at three-quarter-time. Picture: Michael Klein
“As a matter of course, we addressed this issue directly with our playing group.
“As part of our response, we also alerted the AFL and relevant key stakeholders.
“We feel that this matter has now been resolved and our focus remains on our preparations for the season ahead.
“The club has also taken the opportunity to review its broader processes to reduce the likelihood of this error occurring again.”
St Kilda has undergone significant change in recent weeks revamping its football department under new coach Lyon, who took over from Brett Ratten.
Geoff Walsh was appointed football manager to partner Lyon but quickly departed due to a family issue.

More Coverage​

Player ratings: Stocker in frame for Saints debut, Dons battlingUse SuperCoach AI to pick a gun team in three minutes
Misson, who was fitness boss under Lyon when he coached St Kilda to three grand finals, was elevated to football manager amid the raft of changes.
The Saints will open their new season against Fremantle at Marvel Stadium in Round 1 in Lyon’s first game in charge since returning as coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two first names. Can’t be trusted.

..... .....

I was going to make a quip about being a fly on that wall, all lol name pun and all, then you had to do this. I have 3 of them. Don't make me neg react to offset the positive reaction...

Still a name pun post.

Now, this could have been kept as an in house thing, a smart club would have been all "I can use this", but, as we're dealing with AFL footballers and Dodoroland, of course the media would get a whiff, of course someone would speak loud and proud about it for big immediate lols. In the very least, at least we're not leaving documents around like some places and it was just random audio that wasn't removed from a file, eh, heard worse, big whoop. Reads more like file just wasn't scrubbed before it got to whomever uploads, got uploaded and "oh btdubz.." at least we're on the front foot this time instead of randomly finding out said person wasn't wearing pants.

Haha lol, skipper concerned others would get sensitive info on our 'gameplan'.

Like nobody knows Lyons game plan after 15 years. Anyway I am saying it now, it is the reason we wont make finals in 2023, eVeRyBoDy kNoWs tHe GaMePlAn
I’m just excited that it implies we even have a game plan. Been nearly a decade.

Holy crap its got its own thread
Just trying to take out the discussion from the media thread (keeping media thread to posting links and interviews etc).

It's a nothing issue you're right though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back