Racing September Daily Punt - Return of the Cossack

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just looked at the times for the Golden Rose, they went slower than the mares race and the mares ran their last 600 one second faster. The 3yos are bog ordinary and the fact that Ole Kirk is now worth so many million is a blight on our racing. He will retire to stud and breed with good mares and produce ordinary horses and our racing will get worse and worse. Its a blight on racing TBH
And I’m always a little wary of a race when a short priced fave injures himself in the running. Instead of running the quinella we might be looking at two well beaten horses heading into the Guineas.

Not as thrilled at getting on AVD now that I've seen their choice of jockey

lol please. Superb booking to get one of Australia’s best. Probably killed the tote price though

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Col Hodges I reckon. Probably says more about Sky that they don't look for a promising younger caller rather than going back to Col for so many calls.

I reckon I could do a better job and I would be awful at it.

And now they have Richard Callander doing the mounting yard.

You'd reckon they could find someone else to tip some combination of the first 4 in the market in each race, who wasn't infamous for stealing from owners.

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
I reckon I could do a better job and I would be awful at it.

And now they have Richard Callander doing the mounting yard.

You'd reckon they could find someone else to tip some combination of the first 4 in the market in each race, who wasn't infamous for stealing from owners.
They should have Richie doing the mounting yard to see which horse looks the most likely to have money stolen from it's owners

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just looked at the times for the Golden Rose, they went slower than the mares race and the mares ran their last 600 one second faster. The 3yos are bog ordinary and the fact that Ole Kirk is now worth so many million is a blight on our racing. He will retire to stud and breed with good mares and produce ordinary horses and our racing will get worse and worse. Its a blight on racing TBH

Important colt, mum seems to be well related. It's a positive to see colts performing that look like they want further too.

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
Col Hodges I reckon. Probably says more about Sky that they don't look for a promising younger caller rather than going back to Col for so many calls.
Anthony Manton and Mitch Manners are two very good young callers around the NSW bush

pretty sure col only calls about one meeting a week these days

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
The build up is overwhelmingly exciting this week for the Metrop. Who will join this brilliant list of winners?

1601185672330.png

Worst group 1 in Australia?

The build up is overwhelmingly exciting this week for the Metrop. Who will join this brilliant list of winners?

View attachment 971848

Worst group 1 in Australia?

For open age horses it would have to be close to being unchallenged - probably the SA mares one the only contender.

I don't even remember Magic Hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back