Racing September Daily Punt- RIP Mikaela Claridge & Mel Tyndall

Who wins the Golden Rose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Further to what was previously mentioned about Arcadia Queen stepping out at 1300 this week, Enticing Star looks set to resume at 1400 next week! Doesn’t scream Everest winner preparations to me!

Way to go Chris, how to screw sprinters 101 in 3 consecutive weeks with NS AQ and ES. At least she’s at max a miler. Another I’d be wanting to keep to 1 start fresh maybe the shorts then blinkers on 1200 Everest in an ideal prep. Not really the 1400 back to 1200 type but believe she did that in the peters last prep before placing in G1. But she didn’t exactly go super running second there so a pointless prep to follow.

Way to go Chris, how to screw sprinters 101 in 3 consecutive weeks with NS AQ and ES. At least she’s at max a miler. Another I’d be wanting to keep to 1 start fresh maybe the shorts then blinkers on 1200 Everest in an ideal prep. Not really the 1400 back to 1200 type but believe she did that in the peters last prep before placing in G1. But she didn’t exactly go super running second there so a pointless prep to follow.

I lol'd

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

yes it's even embarrasing calling her that, but given she's a current everest slot holder it's hard not to.

all I really want is horses like her to go over and be given a good chance instead of being given to Hayes/Waller and the like to completely butcher their program.

At least the few that went to Weir (yes i know) didn't get completely turned upside down. It seems the horses to actually perform generally trained by their WA originals.

yes it's even embarrasing calling her that, but given she's a current everest slot holder it's hard not to.

all I really want is horses like her to go over and be given a good chance instead of being given to Hayes/Waller and the like to completely butcher their program.

At least the few that went to Weir (yes i know) didn't get completely turned upside down. It seems the horses to actually perform generally trained by their WA originals.

It's understandable - I remember so many Aussie's s**t canning Aiden for similar reasons when he got So You Think

But imagine how good you will be feeling when they are 3 clear from anything else with 100m to go in the Everest in the process of mowing down Nature Strip right on the line....7 lengths back to third.....green screens going up around Redzel at the 800m mark

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
FWIW for futures and form reference this weekend/upcoming WA will have the following on flights shortly. and/or thoughts on the important ones given people probably have no idea where to place them heading into some races in next few weeks.

Gatting - LST poor, trialled yday en route to CP via Makybe, Underwood, Caulfield Stk, best ~ 90.0 (done it 3 times) G2 rating likely more G3/G2 level. his best is probably about 5-7L off a standard CP. but below avg CP this year IMO. he's a bit of a loose unit in the head. normally works 3 mile in the morning to take the top off him so it is hard to get him to a level performing at the very top.

Great Again - Rupert Clarke and onwards series. best G3 level LST 86.0 only done it once. room for slight improvement. wet tracker, does map well and wins races. could elevate on the back of a bit of bias and bottomless ground but won't be winning much given the targets in sight. winter stakes horse.

Rebel King - old, becoming an enigma after many feet issues best is around same as Great Again 86.0 (18 months ago done close 3 times) he is handicapped poorly in comparison mixes and matches form, is a bit of a pick of the yard and he will run well type. won't be factoring in much but at least has a mid range program suited to his abilities as a companion for Gatting. sort of your malibu style type.

Special Reward - First up birthday stakes then to melbourne for Schillaci/Everest or easier not good enough. best of 86.0 done it 3 times fringe G2 level, should by rights improve. gate speed and rails well. trialled ok yday but needs to improve a bit too much to get to G1 just yet and the breed in general are pretenders.

Arcadia Queen - genuine mile-mile/half horse. best is low end WFA G1 at 92.5 going away from them, pair of mile runs close to that in her first prep. needs to improve for CP berth but WFA says she should improve on her summer 3yoF form enough to get her competitive in CP. Everest i've explain enough but her best run 1400m or under is worse than any listed here outside Angelic Ruler

Come Play with Me - en route to metrop, good consistent stayer best of 84.0 but improving even at his age, shouldn't be enough for G1 level but game enough to plug away into places of HCPs. straight forward horse breeding suggests would prefer it firm

Enticing Star - best of 85 very consistently, have liked her trials they surpised me somewhat, is open to improvement with some genuine tempo. suspect she wants further, although only go 1400 was poor but was heavily in season hence regumate state change. Best is probably G2 Nature strip tempo running into a place.

Angelic Ruler - yet to see her trial, will attempt the mares series in VIC. best of 77.0 in WA not good enough barring improvement (not impossible), thats country feature event, BM 84 grade.

SOJ - Best of 94.5 twice, now likely done close twice this prep. genuine G1 standard given correct tempo/map should continue being competitive but will get found out with the big hitters if they actually arrive as can't see anything yet.

Lady Cosmology 87.0, Valour Road 84.5, Dance Music 85.5, Regal Power 84.0 stay at home.

tl;dr i would discard all of them unless Rebel King finds a weak LR when mapping well with sting out. Special Reward a watch but don't hink he makes the jump. Enticing Star should be massive lay with Angelic Ruler. Great Again and Gatting need it weaker or everything to go their way. CPWM just a battler and wouldn't be keen on betting. AQ overrated a touch but if goes the middle distance route id be very interested to watch her first few runs.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
horses that have a short break (31 to 80 days) and come back in distance is a totally different story. in fact when i bet during the week i only look at the days between starts and pick the eyes out of the ones who have been able to win in that class before. you would be shocked at how many long shot winners that produces. Clauses are dont back leaders and dont back horses over 1000m if they are coming back from 1300m or further and dont back them on leaders tracks.
I bought a house from this theory and i would have been way richer if freaking Zjelko didnt bring up these horses under the odds in Vic EVERY SINGLE TIME when the only place to bet on was the stupid tote.
it is a goldmine on wet tracks

I just told my secret. have told plenty before and no one listens.. thank god!
I'll miss you at Grafton.. $23 fixed...

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
How can she say it's "not an integrity issue"?

I'm happy to believe she was just liking Grace Ramage's Ben Hayesless photo's on Insta, but she deserves it purely for flagrantly breaking the rules.

Also that ride on Sprout or whatever the hell it was called that she deadset clearly hooked in the bush somewhere.

FWIW for futures and form reference this weekend/upcoming WA will have the following on flights shortly. and/or thoughts on the important ones given people probably have no idea where to place them heading into some races in next few weeks.

Gatting - LST poor, trialled yday en route to CP via Makybe, Underwood, Caulfield Stk, best ~ 90.0 (done it 3 times) G2 rating likely more G3/G2 level. his best is probably about 5-7L off a standard CP. but below avg CP this year IMO. he's a bit of a loose unit in the head. normally works 3 mile in the morning to take the top off him so it is hard to get him to a level performing at the very top.

Great Again - Rupert Clarke and onwards series. best G3 level LST 86.0 only done it once. room for slight improvement. wet tracker, does map well and wins races. could elevate on the back of a bit of bias and bottomless ground but won't be winning much given the targets in sight. winter stakes horse.

Rebel King - old, becoming an enigma after many feet issues best is around same as Great Again 86.0 (18 months ago done close 3 times) he is handicapped poorly in comparison mixes and matches form, is a bit of a pick of the yard and he will run well type. won't be factoring in much but at least has a mid range program suited to his abilities as a companion for Gatting. sort of your malibu style type.

Special Reward - First up birthday stakes then to melbourne for Schillaci/Everest or easier not good enough. best of 86.0 done it 3 times fringe G2 level, should by rights improve. gate speed and rails well. trialled ok yday but needs to improve a bit too much to get to G1 just yet and the breed in general are pretenders.

Arcadia Queen - genuine mile-mile/half horse. best is low end WFA G1 at 92.5 going away from them, pair of mile runs close to that in her first prep. needs to improve for CP berth but WFA says she should improve on her summer 3yoF form enough to get her competitive in CP. Everest i've explain enough but her best run 1400m or under is worse than any listed here outside Angelic Ruler

Come Play with Me - en route to metrop, good consistent stayer best of 84.0 but improving even at his age, shouldn't be enough for G1 level but game enough to plug away into places of HCPs. straight forward horse breeding suggests would prefer it firm

Enticing Star - best of 85 very consistently, have liked her trials they surpised me somewhat, is open to improvement with some genuine tempo. suspect she wants further, although only go 1400 was poor but was heavily in season hence regumate state change. Best is probably G2 Nature strip tempo running into a place.

Angelic Ruler - yet to see her trial, will attempt the mares series in VIC. best of 77.0 in WA not good enough barring improvement (not impossible), thats country feature event, BM 84 grade.

SOJ - Best of 94.5 twice, now likely done close twice this prep. genuine G1 standard given correct tempo/map should continue being competitive but will get found out with the big hitters if they actually arrive as can't see anything yet.

Lady Cosmology 87.0, Valour Road 84.5, Dance Music 85.5, Regal Power 84.0 stay at home.

tl;dr i would discard all of them unless Rebel King finds a weak LR when mapping well with sting out. Special Reward a watch but don't hink he makes the jump. Enticing Star should be massive lay with Angelic Ruler. Great Again and Gatting need it weaker or everything to go their way. CPWM just a battler and wouldn't be keen on betting. AQ overrated a touch but if goes the middle distance route id be very interested to watch her first few runs.

Surely the committee will step in before Gatting is allowed to run in a Cox Plate

You would have to think that Avilius has been weighted out of the Caulfield Cup with 58kg - are they going there?

Doubt they will now - will go Cox Plate/Emirates I'd say.

Having said that Best Solution won with 57.5 last year - think it is easier to do at Caulfield than Flemington - Viewed and Dunaden also recent CC winners well up in the weights.

Back